sangiro

Open Forums

If there's one fault of dropzone.com, (and there's many), it's taking itself way too seriously. This is one more instance of it.

Taking anything seriously, is not something I'm often linked to. :ph34r:

...it's the ole 'Bonus Days' axiom. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So, I'm sorry that I'm so much spare baggage, I have nothing really to contribute and I know many don't like me here, but I do like many of you and I promise to keep a low profile

Talk like that and next time I'm in GB I'll come kick your ass before having a beer with you :P

I enjoy reading what you right -- your insights are valuable, and anyway, you agree with me sometimes :D. That's what I come for, is thoughtful posts I can learn from or react to.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

and I know this is utterly stupid, I don't want to miss one post, one opportunity to PM with someone I like and admire as much as I did Shannon. I'm so glad I have stayed, because the day before he died, Eric saw me here and PMed me.

That was beautiful now Im crying... Glad you stayed and glad you got impacted by those awesome people
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Kitty, sorry, I'm following you round AND after I'd said I'd stay low.

Just wanted to say I totally understand your point of view. In my other post, I didn't make it clear that I wasn't being dismissive of your opinion. I actually agree with you. I'd feel pretty peeved if the roles were reversed.

I suppose I wanted to justify my existence here :$

Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Two BIG statements in there: 1) the guidelines (Forum Rules and Policies, FAQ, Announcements Forum) are not new . . . they are simply being restated so they are adhered to; 2) a worthwhile online community is what we are supposed to be all about! Cool

I have scanned through the thread and firstly I think it is a great idea to clean up a little. dz.com is the only forum that I have hung out at for more than a month or 2. Someone suggested putting bonfire at the bottom of the list HH tried that and it didn't work so he put it back.

I do think some of the problem with the bonfire is that gradually over time the "meaningful" threads have had forums created for them (rightly so). So while previously goodbye threads were intermingled they now have the blueskies forum, similarly speakers corner and the womens forum. This leaves the bonfire as the general talk zone with no soul of its own.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

There was a thread on this several years ago. HH expressed an opinion then on who he thought should be allowed to post. I haven’t seen anything that would indicate his opinion has changed.

That was creepy. I don't recall starting that particular thread. The weird thing is it was written 10 months before I got hurt. Maybe I was having a psychic moment.

Anyway, I'm glad HH wrote this thread. The bonfire really has deteriorated quite a bit and I'm glad I may not have to sort through so much junk anymore. I'm also glad that he put a mirror up to my face and I'll think twice before I start the types of threads he's referring to.

Now that was in good fun...any well those things were quite offensive. BTW, I pull them out every now and again just for a laugh. The pups appreciate it though.:)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

This would be a very welcome change...and one that would convince me to donate financially to DZ.com again...

lately the Bonfire does more to reminds me of why I hang around the edges and eventually wander off from many of them...nothing to do with the reason I'm here/there and driven by childish meaningless unrelated drivel. Why bother to hang out at all when there is a better party with people I like and discussions I might actually enjoy somewhere else..

the unfortunate result is the 'culture' around the bonfire and the community and bonding it provides go out the window when everyone goes to their private parties instead..

if you arent already 'in' you wont ever be...[:/]

Like Lisa, I sort-of miss the "good old days" sometimes (where most of us had met, wanted to meet, etc.), but I've definitely still found some new "friends" I've enjoyed here and would likely even "be there for" should circumstance call for it.

It was that old community that motivated me to drive to Eloy for the first Dz.com gathering at that DZ at the Memorial Day boogie in 2002. This was after the first US DZ.com gathering in the fall of 2001 at Spaceland. There was only about a dozen DZ.commers in Eloy for that boogie and only a handful more at the first DZ.com gathering at the Holiday Boogie in Eloy that Christmas. Even though the numbers were low, it was like meeting old friends whom I had known for a while. Well, I had known them for two years online.

The site has grown exponentially, with many growing pains inside and outside of the online community. Too bad it will never be like it was even just 5 years ago.

I still carry some of the photos from that time around on my devices... i wonder where that place and time went too...

i know i know.. you can never step in the same river twice.. but this one i miss more than most.

Thanks for bringing this up again, Sangiro. More and more The Bonfire has begun to feel like rec dot with a really cool interface.

Some people change.

Some people maybe never will.
[:/]

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

It is rife with politics, rampant drug use and filled with large groups of people who need to constantly "prove" themselves.

>>Yeah... but there IS a negative side too!

:D
you think you're funny there, funnyman? constantly making us laugh with your comedy routine?

I mean, a one liner?? -in a thread denouncing one liners...
jeepers!, what are you -some kind of an evil nut?:ph34r:

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

It is rife with politics, rampant drug use and filled with large groups of people who need to constantly "prove" themselves.

>>Yeah... but there IS a negative side too!

:D
you think you're funny there, funnyman? constantly making us laugh with your comedy routine?

I mean, a one liner?? -in a thread denouncing one liners...
jeepers!, what are you -some kind of an evil nut?:ph34r:

Don't encourage him!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>>Don't encourage him!

Hmmm,:|I see, well there are meds for people who get out of hand, perhaps Dr. Bordson could prescribe something.

It's got a high lead content.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Like Lisa, I sort-of miss the "good old days" sometimes (where most of us had met, wanted to meet, etc.), but I've definitely still found some new "friends" I've enjoyed here and would likely even "be there for" should circumstance call for it.

It was that old community that motivated me to drive to Eloy for the first Dz.com gathering at that DZ at the Memorial Day boogie in 2002....The site has grown exponentially, with many growing pains inside and outside of the online community. Too bad it will never be like it was even just 5 years ago.

Ain't that the truth. Dont forget about the 300 ways!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

..who have always been coming here to chat, make friends and have a good time..

just what i did/do.. pretty obviously, for whatever reason, i'm not liked by some.

have to post more kitteh-pics i s'ppose.. good fun. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

just what i did/do.. pretty obviously, for whatever reason, i'm not liked by some.

have to post more kitteh-pics i s'ppose.. good fun.

The worst thing you can do right about now is to seek out some threads where you can bitch and whine about how you've been wronged. Do a search for all your posts over the last few weeks and months. Take a step back. Unless you do that, believe me when I say, it goes downhill quite dramatically from here....
Safe swoops
Sangiro