birdlike

Favorite fish for frying?

I just came back from the grocery and fish stores, and I fried up some Tilapia in seasoned bread crumbs. OMG it's so yummy!!

So, what's your favorite fish if you're gonna bread it and fry it?

If you say "other," please explain. And if you have recipes you wanna share--go for it!

P.S. Tilapia is my current favorite. It's mild and flaky and cheaper at the store than any of the others! :)
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I'd NEVER eat Tilapia. Hear is why......
There are 2 large fish farms by where I live. I fly over them in my plane when I take off from my house, on the way to the dz. I stopped by one day out of curiosity to see what type of fish they grow. They have Sturgeon, Catfish, Black Bass and Tilapia. After noticing that the Sturgeon had no other fish in their holding ponds, as well as the Catfish, I asked why the Black Bass lived with the Tilapia in the same holding ponds. He explained to me that the reason the Tilapia is in the same pond as the Black Bass, is because they EAT the SHIT from the Black Bass, and that's all they eat.......:D That is why it's the cheapest fish you can buy at the market. They never have to feed a shit eater.

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Thanks for stalking me into yet another thread where you wrongly impute some nefarious motive to me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Poor Jeffery

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and Bodypilot1 is right... Tilapia is some nasty nasty stuff its amazing what they will eat... just like catfish. They put them is essentially cesspools as a way of recycling the waste.

I had already read something about tilapia being a fish eaten by peasants. Wikipedia says some stuff about them having trouble getting along with other fish, and also that they are often considered an invasive species, troublesome particularly because they eat vegetation. And it says they also eat "detritus," which "typically includes the bodies of dead organisms or fragments of organisms or fecal material."

OK, so I guess you never ate a carrot, or a tomato, or a green bean that was fertilized with COW SHIT. See, some of us are smart enough to realize that shit is just chemicals, and while I would not eat shit directly, I understand that when an organism, be it a plant or a fish, takes organic materials in and digests them, that organism whips up some chemical magic and MAKES SOMETHING ELSE OUT OF IT THAT IS NOT SHIT.

Sort of how that cow shit got turned into your delicious tomato. And let's not even talk about mushrooms...

I ain't worried about tilapia. Tuna's the bigger worry, since all the mercury ingested by all the fish all the way up the food chain ends up in the tuna, which I guess you would be happy about as long as it doesn't eat detritus, and is the big bully tough-guy fish in the ocean. Yeah, somehow I can see you favoring the bully tough-guy fish... :|

Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

New stuides indicate that Tilapia is bad for your heart. One story I read compared it to eating a doughnut.

Of course, if you're frying it, I'll guess you're not too worried about the health risks anyway. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'd NEVER eat Tilapia. Hear is why......
There are 2 large fish farms by where I live. I fly over them in my plane when I take off from my house, on the way to the dz. I stopped by one day out of curiosity to see what type of fish they grow. They have Sturgeon, Catfish, Black Bass and Tilapia. After noticing that the Sturgeon had no other fish in their holding ponds, as well as the Catfish, I asked why the Black Bass lived with the Tilapia in the same holding ponds. He explained to me that the reason the Tilapia is in the same pond as the Black Bass, is because they EAT the SHIT from the Black Bass, and that's all they eat.......:D That is why it's the cheapest fish you can buy at the market. They never have to feed a shit eater.

Well, you're eating your food FRIED. Why do you worry about what you FRIED food ate. If it lived on shit, well, just fry the shit out of it, and it'll taste good.

Still, if you're gonna go to the trouble, get something worth frying....CATFISH!

:)
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Well, you're eating your food FRIED. Why do you worry about what you FRIED food ate. If it lived on shit, well, just fry the shit out of it, and it'll taste good.

Still, if you're gonna go to the trouble, get something worth frying....CATFISH!

:)
linz

I personaly, have never fried a fish in my life. :S
IMO, baking or bbq is the best, and it wouldn't be Talapia. ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

my favorite are ling cod and cabazons - both ugly and aggressive but very tasty especially when they are fresh off of the spear;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!