Stuntbabex

Would you be upset?

If you had left your unpacked rig in a corner of your apt and come home to find that a whuffo roommate had dragged it on the carpet into another room and then back again without your knowledge or permission?

I understand it is the skydiver's responsibility to protect the rig from idiot whuffos but I can't imagine ever touching another roommates expensive looking equipment without giving them a heads up first.

Just curious on your opinions and experiences :P

Yeah, I'd have to make it pretty clear to him/her that they shouldn't touch the stuff...ever...:|

Though I'm not sure I'd leave it unpacked either...:o

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

No. Don't leave your shit lying around and no one will mess with it.

It is nylon, not a baby. It wasn't harmed one bit moving it from one place in to the other. At worst you have a step through now, but any attentive packer will notice that when they finally get around to packing it instead of leaving it sit around!

Is that the anwser you were looking for. ;):ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Im not looking for any specific answer. Just opinions. I expected responses like yours and I understand that. But Id be upset if a roommate touched any expensive thing of mine without permission, not just a parachute. Im not mad at her though, she's just a whuffo who doesnt know any better. But I think Ill have to do a full canopy inspection now just to make sure she didnt snag anything in the doorways and rip a seam.

Lesson learned. [:/]

Does your roommate know enough about the sport to realize how expensive it is and why you might be concerned about her moving it? Maybe it isn't a case of being inconsiderate as much as it is just not understanding the possible ramifications of doing something like that.
TPM Sister #102

Depends. Maybe a friend of her's came over with a dog. Maybe she had friends over and didn't want them to touch it. Maybe... well, you get the idea.
Did she move it to show to someone, to talk about it with anyone other than yourself.

I would only be upset if someone touched my rig for personal gain, and not to help protect my gear with thought.

I look at it as I do in inspection of the gear before every jump, and I know if something could be wrong or not, then God himself couldn't stop me from getting upset.

leaving an unpacked rig lying around is asking for trouble if u ask me. I never youch another persons rig. If i saw anyone at the dz touching mine i wouldnt be happy. Thats my life. Same goes for scuba gear.

Lighten up, Francis:P:D

OK, may the rig shoudn'ta been left unpacked. Maybe there was good reason it was left unpacked. But it was unpacked. Would it be better or worse to compound the infraction by having your lines or fabric accidentally sucked into the vacuum roller/beater brush?

Keep your stuff packed and it wont be a problem. However if a non skydiver did touch my stuff I would thoroughly check everything to make sure they didn't screw anything up.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

But I think Ill have to do a full canopy inspection now just to make sure she didnt snag anything in the doorways and rip a seam.

Lesson learned. [:/]

Your recognition of those two realities is what really is important here.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire