jephprospect

Funniest things Wuffo's have said/asked you

I love to dish it out as well though. I've more than once talked about falling through rain and exclaim how it stings. They always ask why it stings. It's almost priceless when you come back to them with, well we are hitting the pointy side of the drop so I guess that is why it stings.

Takes em a second sometimes.

LMFAO:D:D:D
That just made my day!!!!:P
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

"I think you're all fuckin' crazy."

Laughed at first but after thinking about it a little.....

I respond with, "I used to think that it was just my friends that are crazy, then I realize that I just know them better. How about you? Any crazy friends?"

People fall into two categories.
People who do crazy stuff.
People who wish they could.

My boyfriend's mother - bless her heart - doesn't always understand the orientation of WHO is wearing the camera helmet when we show her skydiving videos. For instance, if the video is of ME in freefall, then HE is wearing the camera. She thinks whoever she is looking at on the screen is wearing the camera. She doesn't understand why you can't see the person who is wearing the camera on the screen.

You would think that cameras work the same in freefall as they do on the ground. Oh, wait a minute- they do! DUH!;)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

I overheard a tandem passenger asking a tandem instructor ...

"Will we be able to see the ground when we jump?"

Quite a lot of the time, that's a perfectly valid question;)

I should think that if you can't see the ground, there might be a problem...
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

If it is cloudy, sometimes you can't see the ground. However, I would NEVER jump through a cloud. :)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

If it is cloudy, sometimes you can't see the ground. However, I would NEVER jump through a cloud. :)

It was not cloudy ... the tandem passenger thought the ground would be to far away to see when they jumped. :D

PS: I would never jump through a cloud either but I might be tempted to fly above them, below them, and around them. I love wingsuit swooping ... ;)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

It was not cloudy ... the tandem passenger thought the ground would be to far away to see when they jumped. :D

Ah. Now that is funny!

PS: I would never jump through a cloud either but I might be tempted to fly above them, below them, and around them. I love wingsuit swooping ... ;)

It is the canines testes, eh?:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I respond with, "I used to think that it was just my friends that are crazy, then I realize that I just know them better. How about you? Any crazy friends?"

well... you know they say that something like 1 in 4 are crazy... so... think of 3 of your friends and if they're ok then it's likely that you're it... :D:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

well... you know they say that something like 1 in 4 are crazy... so... think of 3 of your friends and if they're ok then it's likely that you're it... :D:P

You haven't met my friends. All 4 of us are crazy.
:D

"I love your leopard suit!" :|

**smacks head** Say it with me people...Tigers have stripes. Leopards have spots.

yeah yeah, I know that's not what you meant when you started the thread, but I love my RW suit I had altered. While I appreciate the love, it amazes me every time a tandem praises the "leopard." :D

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Happened to someone I know:

They carried their rig onto an airplane in a bag, which the TSA had placed a label on saying "Parachute" to speed up the security process. Little old lady next to him asks "Oh dear, have you ever had to use that?"

He replies "I sure have!"

Little old lady "Oh heavens!"

I had a few jumps in 1974 when a guy I mentioned it to told me he was a jumper too. So he says "I went up to 1000 feet in a Cub and jumped out at night. I counted to ten then pulled my string...blah blah" I let him go on and on and encouraged him to tell me more. Uh huh, Wow! Tell me more... It was fun to see him squirm.

jon

My two favorites:
When a tandem student asked her instructor the old, "but if the first canopy doesn't work and then the second one fails to, what happens then?".... He said, "Well, just get back up, dust yourself off and follow me toward the white light."

I also had a firend who carried his rig on a commerical flight without a gear bag or anything. A woman timidly asked him, "Is that a parachute?" He glanced toward the front of the plane then back at her and said, "Oh, they didn't give you one to?"

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

A female co-worker once asked what my closing pin necklace represented. I explained the closing pin opened my chute when I was ready to open it. She said "How do you get it around to your back while you're falling ?"

Once I was boarding a commercial flight with my rig, and the pilot grinned and asked "Do you think you're going to need that ?" I grinned back and said "I don't know.....how well can you fly this thing ?"

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I also had a firend who carried his rig on a commerical flight without a gear bag or anything. A woman timidly asked him, "Is that a parachute?" He glanced toward the front of the plane then back at her and said, "Oh, they didn't give you one to?"

Not a good thing to say, really.:D Might find the TSA wrestling you down.

"I love your leopard suit!" :|

**smacks head** Say it with me people...Tigers have stripes. Leopards have spots.

yeah yeah, I know that's not what you meant when you started the thread, but I love my RW suit I had altered. While I appreciate the love, it amazes me every time a tandem praises the "leopard." :D

UUUHH I dont think they were looking at your spots or stripes ;):$
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

It was midnight, I had dropped 4 jumpers outta a 182 in south Texas. Descending through 5,000 feet it sounded like a stick of dynamite went off in the plane. What was it? I took a birdstrike (or bat strike) on the windscreen with blood and guts trailing to the tail...... Believe it can happen, and not just during the day.........:o:o