Teigen

What do you do for a living?

Im a salesman in the Industrial Pump and Compressed air market. I shake the hands and spec in the jobs. If you need a pump or compressed air, Im your man.

Really now... I need a fairly small air tank that I can conceal under my truck somehow... got anything like that?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Long haul comms - I make sure the troops over here can call Mama and send emails.

satcom... the REAL commo guys

Yeah, you can push your radio a few clicks... try 22,000 miles EACH WAY to the bird and back... bitches

Yuppers... Ku and (until recently) C-band... now if we could just get the controllers to give a REAL "blue sky +3" EbN0 instead of the 'barely blue sky' that they DO give ... but I guess EVERY satcom tech bitches about that.

It could be worse, we still have to fire up our Ku, C and X bands every year to test them out.

Just raise power, and every time they tell you to lower it, go ahead -10 db to -9.5 db... its getting closer to zero!

Or, get iDirect... so nice, they control it all for you automatically!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Just raise power, and every time they tell you to lower it, go ahead -10 db to -9.5 db... its getting closer to zero!

Never happen - you raise 1 dB to keep the attached equipment from throwing errors and they're on the phone, howling.

If they'd use real-life measurements instead of the program, we'd have a target EbN0 that would ACTUALLY withstand 3dB of rain fade instead of starting to crap out after a 1dB cloud attenuation.

Problem is, they use a program that assumes a perfect dish, perfect G/T, perfect weather, etc etc etc... then set the target EbN0 from that instead of using the actual measurements from when the site was installed.

Or, get iDirect... so nice, they control it all for you automatically!

Meh... auto-set AGC works just fine....except the fuckers won't let us use it. Takes an act of Congress to get them to let us raise power, and that usually only when a link is down hard.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm a computer janitor: you know the nice person you call out to hit the CAPS key for you or lock you into the computer systems when you have locked yourself out. I also clean up mess on the file server, and deactivate old user accounts. Just the everyday maintenance stuff.

So bow before me for I am root, but really I'm here just to serve.

;)

It's correct what my profile says too: I'm in human-cyborg relations, I get humans and computers to work better together.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

As one coworker puts it, I sort aluminum for the government. I'm an enroute air traffic controller. I sit in front of a radar scope and guide planes all day. Occasionally I get to talk to jump planes. That's the best part. I really love my job.B|

Vskydiver makes jumpsuits, does machine embroidery, and the hot mom thing really well.

During the day, I work for an airline and I manage and train our program for handling passengers with disabilities...but by night, I'm a crime fighting superhero!
Shh, don't tell anyone.
"Don't let the bon-bons give you a fat ass. Merry X-mas!" - Skydemon2

I unbox and plug things in.

I open, close, and relocate stores for a certain pharmacy in the US. Computers, registers, phones and such.

When not doing that I do IT consulting for anyone that needs it, if I have time. Really I just google search their problem and blindly follow someone elses fix.;)

I used to sit in a box all day and draw pictures of ugly gray boxes (Electrical Engineer).

Now I sit in a bigger box with a window and a door and tell other people to draw pictures of ugly gray boxes. (Project Manager)

I'm thinking about going into door-to-door gynecology though.:P

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

More important is to teach the people that use those drawings what a level is. Oh, and maybe a 90 degree angle. The inside of boxes look so much better when there are 90 degree angles in all of the wires inside of them and the box is not hanging on the wall funny.

It doesn't matter how you draw it if the people that build/install it are retarded.

Professional liar some like to call me, but I like to refer to myself as a meteorologist every now and then when I get the chance.

My undergrad was in Aviation Meteorology, and now I do part 125, 135, and 91 flight planning and weather with a company in Houston for private business gen. aviation clients. (all the people you're so pissed off at for flying their jets... yea, pay my salary. :S) I just became a back up supervisor in the department, so I'm very recently getting on the big girl britches! ;) Lets just say I can write a TAF like it's going out of style!

I'm the biggest aviation and weather nerd, so I guess you can say I like my job!

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)