diverds

Pilots

I am not a pilot.....yet......but I come from a pilot family.
Grandfather flew bombers ni WWII in the far east, then eventually became a captain for KLM. Uncle is captain with AA out of Chicago. My father has a private license, used to own a plane but doesn't fly anymore.......
One day I want to get my license as well
SkyDekker
"We cannot do great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

Yep, PP-ASEL. No flying jumpers... well, I don't let em jump out anyway. Coming up on a year since my last flight as pilot in command though. My flying club's plane had an accident last year and it took a couple months to fix... I flew once after that for 7 tenths of an hour doing landings. Then came summer and I was too busy to fly (working at pratt and whitney for the summer), and it's really expensive where I live at home. My BFR was due August 31st, so i scheduled it for that date. Instructor had to cancel, so it would be september 6th instead. He never showed. I think you see where this is going... it was rescheduled for september 11th. The airport I fly out of was one of 3 that only reopened recently, so i havent been able to fly. Now the airport is open, I've had a background check done by the secret service, I've been briefed by the FAA, and I have my magic PIN number to file a flightplan, but my flying club hasnt brought their plane back to the airport yet. So, no flying for me. I live a 12 minute walk from the airport and don't have a car so getting to any other airport to fly is really tough. I'll be getting a car this summer though so hopefully I won't have as much trouble flying after that.
Oh yeah, I'm also about a year away from getting my degree in Aeromaspace Engimaneering.
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

Commercial Pilot: Airplane Single and Multi Engine Land Instrument
Flight Instructor: Airplane Single and Multi Engine Instrument
Part time Diverdriver.
I only have ~700 hours, so I don't know crap. :)--
~Captain Cutaway
I can disassemble a rig in less than 5 seconds...

CFI
Little over 1000 hours of which about half are instruction given, mostly C-172s. Some aerobatics, mostly in a Decathalon.
Haven't really flown much in the last four years because skydiving is just way too time/money consuming. I keep the CFI current (barely) just because it was such a pain to get in the first place. Don't even ask me to fly IFR right now.
quade
http://futurecam.com

PP-SELS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you saying you sold your pp to become a pilot Bill?

Hehe, PP-SELS = Private Pilot, Single Engine Land and Sea
--
~Captain Cutaway
I can disassemble a rig in less than 5 seconds...

Flying since I was six in a 182. Flew my first jumper at age 12. Over 100 hours in the "real" logbook. Plenty of stick time in a Citabria when my dad got bored and bought a lime green one when I was 16, but mostly jump planes. I have flown the following:
Aeronca Chief
Citabria
C-150
C-172
C-182
Cherokee 6
Anybody notice that I didn't put SEL anywhere? Anyone think that means I don't still fly? Oh, nevermind.;)
My webpage HERE