warpedskydiver

Get well soon DSE!

A skydiver works across the street from the hospital was called and told to be on the look out for me coming in. That was a lucky break. The rest are by design. Interested in seeing a photo of a scrotum as big as a head?:D

I've been reading a lot about that. I hear there are a lot of folks interested in seeing that. If it is suitable for public viewing, sure, go ahead and post it!

You bet I would assist. Problem is I highly doubt the treatment facility would appreciate that, and besides all I can do is take x-rays of you. I hate that they need to do more surgery on you man. I'm actually surprised that they didn't shoot x-rays from your l-spine all the way down to your feet and are just now finding these fractures.

Anyway here's a pic that I think best illustrates the type of break you have. It may very well also be why your foot kept falling asleep.

Oh, and just let me know where you're at and Ill come and see you tommorrow if thats cool with you.

Edit to add- BTW, anything you would probably ever care to know about the human body. Enjoy.:)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000791.htm

Muff #5048

If it is suitable for public viewing, sure, go ahead and post it!

there is no such thing as suitable for public viewing. it can't be any worse than Billy's sick and twisted attachment thread. :P

Spot, I think you should post the picture. Otherwise it's like saying it didn't happen, right?
And besides, you're a mod, you can delete it whenever you wish.

Now on a more serious note, sorry about all the complications that keep popping up. But damn you are one badass mofo.

Stupid hurts.

Yup. That's why we're tough. B|B|

As far as the ACL and the Ankle and the Hip.... just consider yourself a Frankenstein version of a Terminator.... at least that's how I humor myself with the spare parts that I'm going to end up with.

Good luck with the surgery.

And I hope you have GREAT luck with the PT.

note of advice: ASK ABOUT PT IN THE POOL! Hydrotherapy/ Water PT makes you feel so much better (physically, emotionally, psychologically) - once cleared from surgery, of course.

Are they going to do surgery to repair the ACL as well or will that be happening later?

The ortho won't take on the ACL until I have at least one leg to stand on. So, I'm looking at around 12-15 weeks before I'll get a new ACL.
From what I understand, ACL repair takes around 6-8 weeks to be close to 'normal' functioning?
Anybody know of a close to death track star? I'll take his/hers....:|

ACL is more like 6 months to fully recover from if everything goes well and maybe up to a year. From looking at your xrays the ACL is probably the least thing to worry about. You can live a do fine without an ACL with a brace and strong legs/hamstrings, I was without mine for 14 year before getting it repaired with a foot tendon from a cadaver. Don't be in a rush to get it fixed, I would wait till you fully recover from your other injuries before getting it done.

They won't touch my ACL until my talus/fib/pelvis/peroneal nerve have healed. I'm at least 15 weeks away from being able to consider ACL repair. Missing the MCL doesn't make it any easier, however.
A friend was over last night and he was lamenting my lower body damage and Monty Python came to mind...."It's only a flesh wound!"

I was going to send you one of those T-shirts that says,"Your sport takes one ball, mine takes two!"

Yikes! Heal soon, Spot.

Croc
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

They won't touch my ACL until my talus/fib/pelvis/peroneal nerve have healed. I'm at least 15 weeks away from being able to consider ACL repair. Missing the MCL doesn't make it any easier, however.
A friend was over last night and he was lamenting my lower body damage and Monty Python came to mind...."It's only a flesh wound!"

Good to hear from skymama that the big ball is getting smaller :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

and which picture would that be?? hmmm...

The "wanna see my humongous ball?" picture. My curiosity got the best of me, but my husband refused to look at it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

just as an update, I took a nasty spill climbing off the toilet yesterday and did further damage that included breaking a toe. Crutches, raised toilets, and narrow toilet alcoves just don't go together well.
My humongous ball wason the mend, but I think it's on the grow again after this one.
Are there any pain meds better than Demerol and Hydrocodone? Cuz these so far, are pussy meds that do nothing of consequence.
Yeah, I'm whining....stupid hurts, but it shouldn't have to continue to hurt like this.

Ohh man that sucks!!!!

Won't the bad shit stop hitting you???
For what it's worth you got my sympathy...
Hang in there and hope for an improvemt SOON. :)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

just as an update, I took a nasty spill climbing off the toilet yesterday.

Wow.... toilets are dangerous!

BEWARE TOILETS!

Wait.... I thought guys didn't actually use toilets... just kinda pee'd in the direction of the toilets

Sometimes, we actually have to *sit* on the toilet, if you can imagine that!! My new raised toilet has handles on the sides that are close together, and certain appendages of my body prevent my legs from fitting between the handles. This makes it sorta difficult to smoothly get off the toilet seat using crutches (new rule; no crutches in the restroom). Add a very narrow "closet/alcove" where the commode resides....it was more stupid.

Mr. Wrong, the bad stuff will quit coming my way as soon as I quit being stupid.
I've relived my accident so many times, in hindsight it's easy to see how I could have avoided the damage I suffered regardless of losing the toggle.
Losing the toggle scared me. That fear caused me to become a deer in the headlights and rather than immediately reacting (as I thought I did at the time), I hesitated when I was thinking about how badly one of the swoop noodle mounts was going to shred me when I hit it. I froze up. I easily had 1-2 seconds that I lost/blew when the fear hit me. I guess that's the real lesson to be learneed; don't become the deer in the headlights. Just do what you gotta do. It's odd that in my two cutaways, I felt totaly calm and prepared. I go through my cutaway/emergency procedures on every load, so that would explain that. I've never trained for what to do after dropping a toggle.
BTW, I take no responsibility for whatever I've typed here, Demerol and Hydrocodone have kicked in.:P

Spot, You will get better! 9 1/2 years ago I too was stupid and crashed, had five operations, 1 1/2 years of rehab and physical therapy out the wazoo.... Relax and take the pain meds as often as necessary. Don't wait for the hurt, take every 4-5 hours to keep it from hurting and then do the PT EVERY DAY, even when not with your therapist. You will get better and heal, it will just take time.

Don't believe all the bad things the doctors say either! They don't know you! They said I'd loose my leg and I didn't. They said I'd need a knee replacement in five years, and I don't.....

Try to relax, take the pain meds and then do the rehab hard. You will get better and jump again.
Dano

just as an update, I took a nasty spill climbing off the toilet yesterday and did further damage that included breaking a toe. Crutches, raised toilets, and narrow toilet alcoves just don't go together well.
My humongous ball wason the mend, but I think it's on the grow again after this one.
Are there any pain meds better than Demerol and Hydrocodone? Cuz these so far, are pussy meds that do nothing of consequence.
Yeah, I'm whining....stupid hurts, but it shouldn't have to continue to hurt like this.

I agree those two don't do much for pain.

I am without pain meds because the VA pharmacy did not send them out on time.

It sucks to even get out of bed, and even worse if I move the wrong way.

ACL will come in time......they will probably end up wanting to do a cadaver graft --- that is what they did on me....that way your not taking from your quads or your hamstrings....regardless it will be a full year before the graft is healed completely...but they say you can start partaking sports again after 6 months. PT every day even when not in PT --- I think I was going at about 3 hours a day even on days I didn't see the therapist. Then you will also get this really cool brace that you will get to wear for at least a year when you are back at things.....changes your flying dynamic just a bit -:S:S

I also took out the MCL and Lat meniscus -- it is a weird sensation when you tib/fib slide one way and your femur slides the opposite direction.

Keep hanging in there! --- beware of toilets --- and remember to keep your spirits up. Of anyone I know who can get through this with a positive attitude it would be you ---- ;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Then you will also get this really cool brace that you will get to wear for at least a year when you are back at things.....changes your flying dynamic just a bit -:S:S

Interesting. When I tore my ACL, my therapist recommended I NOT wear a brace when returning to sports. He stated my grafted ACL is now stronger than a natural one. I did the cavader router, the hamstring one might be different. He said I could use a brace if I wanted the security but that by not using one I would only strengthen my ACL even more.