NovaTTT

Oldest Known Human Ancestor

The oldest known human ancestor was found in Ethiopia, and is an ancestor of Australopithecus (Lucy), who was also found in Ethiopia.

Ardi, as this fossil is known, is 4.4 million years old, and was found among a group of 36 of these creatures.

Discovery is airing a program about the discovery on 10/11. It should make interesting viewing.

She's an ancestor to us all, perhaps. Take a look.

Edited to add TV info
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

not possible. God must have created the relic, then aged them and planted them for us to find so we would endlessly question our existence, which we would never be able to explain so that we would have to then believe in Him.

Makes sense to me anyway......

She's an ancestor to us all

Hey I'm not judgmental, but i don't have any ancestors that look like THAT!! :o:)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

not possible. God must have created the relic, then aged them and planted them for us to find so we would endlessly question our existence, which we would never be able to explain so that we would have to then believe in Him.

Makes sense to me anyway......

+ 1
Always be kinder than you feel.

As a person with no real home nor sense of belonging I felt at most at home in Africa.
I recall my first time there, 25 hour flight, 1 hour in customs, and a few in the back of a car. I got to my hotel room in Cape Town and I was just in desperate need of fresh air. And my hotel in the wine growing region of Cape Town had this large sliding glass door that gave you a great view of false bay. But it was about 1am and you couldn't see a thing. Never the less i needed some air. And as I slid that door open and that tsunami of fresh Air spiced with the essence of Africa hit me for the first time I felt comfortable, I felt as if I was at home. It was the best nights sleep I had ever had.
We are all from Africa, we are all brothers, we are all one big family and the sooner we realize that our difference are all imaginary the sooner we can evolve and become better than we are. :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

As a person with no real home nor sense of belonging I felt at most at home in Africa.
I recall my first time there, 25 hour flight, 1 hour in customs, and a few in the back of a car. I got to my hotel room in Cape Town and I was just in desperate need of fresh air. And my hotel in the wine growing region of Cape Town had this large sliding glass door that gave you a great view of false bay. But it was about 1am and you couldn't see a thing. Never the less i needed some air. And as I slid that door open and that tsunami of fresh Air spiced with the essence of Africa hit me for the first time I felt comfortable, I felt as if I was at home. It was the best nights sleep I had ever had.
We are all from Africa, we are all brothers, we are all one big family and the sooner we realize that our difference are all imaginary the sooner we can evolve and become better than we are. :)

Could ya pass the pipe? I could really use some of that shit!

Strange question ....why are they always only finding Females? Makes you wonder what happened to the remains of Males!:|

maybe Canibals?

Easy answer. The morning after, the male woke up, looked over and saw her, then threw himself in the nearest volcano....

Strange question ....why are they always only finding Females? Makes you wonder what happened to the remains of Males!:|

maybe Canibals?

They do find males - or at least portions of males.

Ardi is very incomplete - they have, I think, the spine and skull, one complete arm and leg, and small portions of the other arm and leg.

Shah: Lay off the shit, man. It's messing you up!

+1K on the footjob. ;)
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

How can anyone look at Mechelle Obama and Doubt we are related to apes?

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/imgLib/20080222_obama_m.jpg

HA!
Oh come on guys, you haven't lived till you've been to Africa (enjoy the photos). It's the mother land! The food is great, the wine is great and da women are HOT!
The weed.....not bad either! :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!