CSpenceFLY

Lee Gerrard (skinnyshrek)

this is the most unthinkable news i could have heard today. truly sorry to all friends and family for the loss. tonight, all drinks are for him. here's another one from dublin, glad to remember him laughing and not much else. cheers, b

I'm glad you guys are there to watch over Brandy. Once again, I'm down and out, and busted-up to boot. So, I won't be coming east.

Lee and Brandy are the only 2 people that ever thought I was normal.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Just went out, had a beer in memory of skinny! I couldn't drink too many... i'm just too sad...

sigh!!!

bubz

P.S. is this dream over yet???
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Lee, until we meet again.
Brandy, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to all of you who posted her, I am had soo many family come her to me grt though this. I am scared and afraid but evyone has been nothing but wonderfull to me.
We all were telling great stories about lee and his wonderful tuoretts moments. But he truly loved all peple on this site and was attached to this website.
God, I love him soo much:( I keep waking up in the morning wondering if he is next, to me, and then realize he is'nt and will never. I keep wanting grap his big furry body and snuggle with him but that will happen again. I am glad that everone will miss as much as I did because really have alot of friends, and even with smart mouth, he always ment.

Let's just put it this way: If he made fun you, that means that he liked you.

God I miss him ssoooo much.

Thanks Turtle, and Chuck, Kevin, Micky for and Jessia and alll or other friends forshowing support for me and foir Brian and Samantha for letting me stay at their place while I am going through this. I
I know that he misses all of you too
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Let's just put it this way: If he made fun you, that means that he liked you.

Well then, he must have been head over heels in love with you, Girl. :)
I'm glad you posted to let us know how you are, we've been worried about you. Lean on our friends who are with you, that's what they are there for. Don't be too proud to ask for help with anything!

Much love to you, Brandy.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

...found him at the Hellfish tent. Papa Hellfish had gone in that day on a jump Lee had videoed. He was trashed playing the centinal game......That was his way of paying respect. We stuffed him in the back of the cart and off we went.

That's the night I met Lee. The night Pops went in. If I remember correctly, Lee won Cap 5 that night.

In light of this, Chaoskitty, Micduran, and myself will be making an improptu trip to the Farm tonight to maybe drop of Mic's camper for the weekend. Shannon said she will be out there to clean up/get ready for the weekend and has asked Hans to meet her out there too. So if anyone else wants to be around friends there should be people out at the DZ tonight, not sure how late...

There was just no way I could make it up there last night. I didnt even find out till 7:30 last night, so instead. A few of us (Wyatt, Julia Margarita, Hottie, Eric and Lianne, and a few others) gathered at Neighbors as is ATL tradition on Wedensday night. We raised our glasses and told stories, and made plans.

Im learning a good bit about myself recently. Ive learned that you have to have the vision to take chances and try new things, to look at life a different way, and to interact with your friends.
I always tried to dodge phone calls from Lee cuz I knew I'd be there forever. He'd just call back, again, and again. I'm realizing that my friends have so much to teach me, no matter what they have to say, and it takes a bit of vision to open your heart and mind to their way of thinking. When you do, you'll see a whole new world of opportunity. This has been a damn hard year for me, but you know what? I wouldnt be the person I am today with out the influence of each and every one of you in my life. Lee was part of that. I hope to pay that back one day you sooty bastard! :)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It's good to see you back on here Brandy. If I missed saying it before, I love you and hang in there! I'm happy you're getting plenty of support from friends and family. I can't imagine the pain you've gone through so far. [:/]

I too have tried to dodge Lee a few times. He was always trying to get me to come out to the farm, even going so far as to offer me a free jump or two. I wish I could have come out to The Farm more often.

Also he'd try to get me into some poker games on pokerstars. I'm glad I had time for 1 or 2 games with him, but then he'd say come on billy get in another!

He really loved life, and wasn't afraid to show it. I hope that comforts you somewhat. You had a great man and he'll always be in your heart. And in the rest of ours as well.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This was truly a shock to hear. Lee was full of life - even on the skydiver scale. I didn't know him nearly well enough, but I'll always remember his wit, wisdom, and skill with a camera in freefall. We jumped together a lot with B.O.B. in DeLand. Wherever the two of them are, I'm sure there's a party. RIP, Buddy.:(

Kevin K.

Brandy... may God bless you with His mercy and His strength and hold you ever so close as you go through this dear. Words are never enuf in time of need like this I know, but lean on us WHENEVER you need to. Keep your head up, keep up your strength with meals and ALWAYS remember the GOOD times babe...
peace and love to you
:(danny:(

I only knew Lee from online here, and the Skydive Radio poker tournaments. I always looked forward to the back-and-forth with him and his British witticisms. GFD and Ganja left the game earlier.....now skinny is gone as well. Three bright lights that are now shining somewhere else.

My condolences to all his friends and jumping buddies.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

OK friends

lets ALL take a moment and think about how we all treat each other on a daily basis.
slow down, smile and say a kind word

none of us know when the end will come
but we all know it will come

lets all look out for each other
Lee,Beezy,Bob,Preston,Danney and too many others ,we think of you each day and still miss you

my memories

Lee..smiling
Bob..serious
Preston..giving back to the sport
Beezy..smart

to all of you still with us
THANKS.BE CAREFULL,STAY SAFE

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

This is horrible.:( Loved his sense of humor on here. Didn't know him but shared a PM with him once and got a good laugh out of it. Always liked reading his smartass remarks too here. He seemed to have a real generous soul as well though.

Whoever is responsible has no soul at all and I really hope they are brought to justice.

My thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends.

RIP

I'm glad you guys are there to watch over Brandy. Once again, I'm down and out, and busted-up to boot. So, I won't be coming east.

Lee and Brandy are the only 2 people that ever thought I was normal.

There are a ton of us here. I got here yesterday with Clay in tow. Turtle beat us here by an hour.

We all just got out of a meeting with a business partner of Lee's to make sure his landscaping accounts will be kept up. It looks like Clay is going to stay here and run things (with assistance from many others) for as long as it takes things to get sorted out otherwise.

This is a tremendous blow to Brandy. Help her through this anyway you can. It's another crushing blow to our tight-knit group of friends here in FL/GA. What a huge loss. I talked to Lee at least twice a week. We fucked with each other constantly. I rode from Tallahasse to The Farm with Lee a few weeks ago for Beezy's ash dive. It was a very entertaining ride to say the least.

BSBD

Chuck

I didn't know him as a jumper, although I watched him jump many times. I knew him as a fellow who rescued a skinny little mutt (Sadie) & turned her into a wonderful, loyal companion. That made him okay by me. I'm not sure that he ever knew my name. To him I was just the guy who flew into The Farm sometimes, but he always had a "hello mate" for me, & a smart-ass comment about my airplanes.
What a damned shame, I'm so sorry for the loss to everyone who was close to him. I'm sorry for losing the chance to cultivate a better friendship.
Rex
"Go ahead & use take 1, it ain't a hit anyway."
- D.J. Fontana

thanks TO ChucK turtle AND Clay

Thanks to Brian and Samantha too, and to whoever else is down there helping Brandy and with the business and with whatever else needs to be done. I'm so glad that you are all able to be there.

You guys take care of each other, I know you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys in Tallahassee right now, and I know so many others are too....

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

thanks TO ChucK turtle AND Clay

Thanks to Brian and Samantha too, and to whoever else is down there helping Brandy and with the business and with whatever else needs to be done. I'm so glad that you are all able to be there.

You guys take care of each other, I know you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys in Tallahassee right now, and I know so many others are too....

. . . Johnny . . . And Kevin . . . and Mickey . . . and Jess and Jess, and so many others
Brian and Samantha are awesome!
They have opened their house up for us and are giving so much.

The fat cunt has a lot of friends.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun