cocheese

Is balloon guy full of shit?

I don't think it was a hoax in the beginning, I think it turned into one for attention after the balloon got away.

The lack of concern with mom when the little boy was getting sick on national tv is what struck a nerve with me. She had to be told by GMA, it's ok to leave the interview to go into the bathroom to see if he was ok.
:S

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The whole thing stinks like yesterday's diapers.

The entire event needs to be heavily investigated and if it turns out it was a hoax, which I believe it was, the family should be held responsible for the cost of the rescue efforts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I calculated that it would take about a 4 meter diameter spherical, not mushroom shaped, balloon to lift 25 kilos. The boy supposedly weighed 50 pounds, Light weight basket and balloon, maybe 15 feet in diameter would have done it. How big was the mushroom balloon?

Still smells of hoax, especially with the parents' penchant for self promotion. :|

I calculated that it would take about a 4 meter diameter spherical, not mushroom shaped, balloon to lift 25 kilos.

I made those same calculations years ago, but then decided the import/export business wasn't for me.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You have an experimental flying object in the back yard. It gets away. You believe your 6 year old is on board. Why wouldn't your first call be 911?

Ok, add to that that you've been shopping around a reality tv series based on your family and its quest for scientific information....and it's been turned down.

Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm....."..

I calculated that it would take about a 4 meter diameter spherical, not mushroom shaped, balloon to lift 25 kilos. The boy supposedly weighed 50 pounds, Light weight basket and balloon, maybe 15 feet in diameter would have done it. How big was the mushroom balloon?

Still smells of hoax, especially with the parents' penchant for self promotion. :|

I came up with the same numbers. After further reviewing the photos with the guys running after it and the vehicle in the background, I'd guesstimate the volume to be around 2/3 of that. So it's a no-go.

The "scientist" who built it should know the lift. I think he's just an ignorant ass who thinks he is smarter than everyone else and wanted some attention.

I think that most (if not all) polls on here have folk that vote contary to popular opinion/wisdom.. just to fuck with us:o

Guilty as charged.:D:D Interesting fact, Pols in Catalan means head lice,...............just saying:P

Gone fishing

Well, yes. I think he's full of shit but not for the hoax.

I say he should go down as one of the great hoaxsters of all time. What a great one! Had everybody on the edge of their seats pulling for the non-boarded kid only to have egg splashed on their faces later. WHAM! GOTCHYA!

Good one!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I can't tell if he IS or ISN'T.....

But my impression is that he (and his wife) are just media whores that desperately wants to get back into the spotlight....

My $0.02
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I can't tell if he IS or ISN'T.....

But my impression is that he (and his wife) are just media whores that desperately wants to get back into the spotlight....

My $0.02

They had been working on a new reality TV show and this was a stunt that they planned. Stupid fuckers! :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban