wildcard451

Weekend Numbers 11/7-8/09

:$: 2 : beer!

finally back at The Ranch! 2 awesome jumps with my boyfriend at my home dropzone on sunday.
Did my 40th and 41st jumps, have spent all the previous jumps on my belly so Chris decided to take me up and have a little fun. 1st jump horny gorilla into an attempt to sit, second was sit train and attempt to sit. Hopefully we get another amazing weekend before the snow!

Does on my own count?:3:0

My landings were all good! B|

Good question! I would like to know too. :)

So, no more landing on your face then? :P
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Does on my own count?:3:0

My landings were all good! B|

Good question! I would like to know too. :)

So, no more landing on your face then? :P

Well, I am not going to rule it out! Just didn't happen this weekend.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

0:3:0

It was 70 deg and sunny yesterday... :)
3 jumps on Sunday, one freefly attempt (mostly backflying) and 2 RW videos, a 9 way and a 5 way (where I geeked one of the jumpers because the skydive blew-up a bit... :D)

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:| : 2 : 0

I am up to 23 jumps now. I got everything done for the 'A' license but the jump count.

The good news is my dropzone doens't make you buy beer when still on student status. That will be over soon
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

:(:0:0

Went hang gliding while the weather was conducive. 16yo daughter did her first solo flight. I was very nervous and proud at the same time.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

:$ : 2 : :D

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long, long time.

2 fun jumps with my a couple of my favorite friends. Sunset load light up noodle saber sword fight. I couldn't fall fast enough so I was out of it almost out of the door.. but I held on to my sword so I didn't owe any beer.

What a good day... :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

0:6::D

What an amazing weekend.

Friday got in one jump before it got dark, but it was a fun one! Friday night was girls night out. So much fun. I should have been worthless on Saturday but I felt amazing.

Saturday - 0 jumps - went to Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY to watch the fall meet and do a little wagering (also bet on the Breeders Cup races in Santa Anita). I cashed 0 tickets - big time first for me. But I had a really good time with a good friend.

Sunday I got to the dz early. It was absolutely gorgeous in Indiana this weekend - temps well into the 70's.

2 really fun three way jumps.

2 AFF jumps with an absolutely phenominal student. He is also one of our pilots and his dad is a skydiver - so he has some amazing natural talent. Is it wrong to give your student a kiss pass? Just wondering!

1 jump - 2 plane 8 way. We put all 4 new AFF Instructors in trail plane and made a bet that whoever gets to base first (from lead plane) gets bragging rights. Two of the guys docked pretty simultaneous (even video makes it hard to tell who "won") and I was there a split second behind them! The 4th made it in and it was awesome.

Now it is back to work and I am mad that the weekend has left me!

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

;):1:0 :D

A little too gusty for my liking. One was enough to remind me of why I have self imposed limits.:S
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

:)
Rainy weather and I've still got that messed up shoulder. I see the doc again this week and get the word. I'm thinking surgery during the rainy season here.:S:D Oh well, I've been meaning to get my canopy off to PD for a new line set for quite some time. Now's my chance. And I'm also getting caught up on a lot of home projects. For all of you that got some great jumps in this weekend, good on you. I'll join back up as soon as I can.:)

3 FF with vid. One with a guy trying to get a sit but he went on his back and stayed there so I finally decided to leave the sit and try HD. I finally found 'it' at the bottom end of the dive.

1 attempt at trying to shoot a tandem. Gotta work on that.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Got four jumps in Sunday. Beatufiul day. First self-supervision in freefall (rolls, backloops, and frnot loops), first tracking dive. Two tries at my 5500' hop and pop--still not successful but I had a lot of fun. I'll get it next time. One hard landing but the other three were okay. Lucky students don't owe beer at my DZ.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Just one this weekend. Had the $$$ to do a few more but just wasn't quite feeling it this weekend for some reason. I think I need to focus on finishing my license before I get distracted by anything else at this point--the skills camps will be great once I'm licensed but may not be quite what I need right now.

Got a video done of my one jump this weekend--it was the video guy's first ever video jump (beer for him not me :) )--it looked like he did a great job of it and am looking forward to getting the CD next time I'm out.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

2:7:0

74 on Saturday great weather for Kansas, Sunday was winded out.

4 tandems
2 tandem videos
1 AFF

18 more sleeps until Skydive Dallas Trip
48 more sleeps until Eloy Christmas Boogie Trip

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."