skinnay

What are you getting your parents for xmas?

I get my mom 6 months of flowers every year.
She'll also get a couple small things to unwrap Christmas morning.
For mother's day, she's get another 6 months.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Pictures. She doesn't want any more "stuff", but has said directly that she likes framed pictures (my two sisters regularly send them).

She wants the one I have in the "pets" thread that's titled "5 left and cut".

I'm going to take one of both dogs and both owners in a serious (more or less) setting, print them both and put them in a paired frame.

The last time I did that (a pic of me and the dog plus a pic of me just after landing paired in a double frame) she cried (happy tears):)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Need some ideas [:/]

Last year I got my Mom one of those electric picture frame thingies.

You download a bunch of pics onto a memory stick and it shows them in a slide-show mode...I send her a fresh memory stick every month or so, to keep her up to date on us & the grand kids.

Anywhere between 30 & 70 bucks depending on where and what kind you get.

She thinks it's one of the best gifts she's ever received! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

This sounds weird, but we got both sets of parents Sonicare electric/sonic toothbrushes this year. We've been using them for a while now.

They are awesome, and nifty, and they work. And they aren't overly expensive...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

A fruitcake.

No, seriously, my dad actually likes fruitcake and Harry & David makes an awesome one.

But we've pretty much gone non-commercial in my family the last few years and do greetings and time, but not gifts (or if there are gifts they are small ones).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

They told me a few years ago that they have everything they could possibly need, and the only things worth getting them are gift certificates to the bookstore and/or favorite restaurants, and updated 5x7's of the grand-daughters for their picture frames. All that's about $102.00.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I thought long and hard about it, cause my dad has everything he needs... So I am getting him a gift certificate for a full body massage! ;)

I think he will enjoy it!

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

This is the first Christmas I'm really excited about in years. My family is all going on a cruise together and and will just be doing a small white elephant exchange with some extended family. What I'm really excited about though is that my sister has spent the last 6 months scanning photos and pulling together videos and is turning them all into a DVD w music for my parents. I just arrived in Atlanta (from Texas) last night and saw it for the first time. Still have some work to do and happy I can be of some help finally, but I venture to guess there won't be many dry eyes in the house when it is watched as a family for the first time.
Killing threads since 2004.

Mom, depends.

:o:o:oYou're getting your mom Depends for Christmas:o
:P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Up until several years ago, I purchased round trip plane tickets for my mom...wherever she wants to go.

These days, she just want to spend Christmas with us, mainly with my son & daughter.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492