nanook

I'm old, and I didn't like how I found out. . .

So I am watching the local evening news and seeing the Chargers highlights. Then "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth comes on as background music to the tacklings of our defensive team. I was like, "Oh, come on!! My parents ears used to bleed because of this music". I am witnessing this aspect of my teen-aged anthology being lowered to a commercial neuter-fest of muzak>:(!!
I now know how the teens of the Sixties felt with the commercialization and exploitation of the Beatles.

Anyone else get the expierence of the "old fucker" setting in?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Been getting that feeling since all my music is on the "Classic Rock" stations:P

Not to mention I use a cane now to walk with and at times I'm thought to be my wifes' father>:(

Talk about feeling old....I can related:|

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

My son came over to visit at Xmas, Picked him up at the airport had the pen with all my favourite music
plugged in to the car sterio, He did'nt reconise any of it, Hell they are all classics[:/]

Who on this planet dose'nt know "Freebird, Poison or Hotel California, not to mention Hand bags and Gladrags.

Gone fishing

Freebird

The national anthem of Florida?:o

...shows what I know...I thought it was Snowbird.

I nearly fell out of my rocker when the next-door neighbor 14-yr old said she "just loooooooved the Beatles."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Kind of off subject but ..

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about a new study on male health. If a male has sex 2x a week he is less likely to develop heart disease.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Kind of off subject but ..

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about a new study on male health. If a male has sex 2x a week he is less likely to develop heart disease.

Fail. For me it wasn't about that it was the cigarettes.

What's worse? After having them cut my groin open and shove a wire up through my body and into my heart I still crave a fuckin' cig with my morning coffee. Fuck!
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I was working out at the FD the other morning and a P90X fitness commercial came on the gym TV. I tell the rookie I'm working with that all you need to do is 500 push ups, sit ups and pull ups a day like Herschel Walker used to back in the day.
He looks at me with a blank stare and says, "Who's Herschel Walker"?
Nothing like kids at work that weren't even born when I was hired being the Chiefs now!!!!;):PB|:S:ph34r:

I recently experienced one of the worst things that can happen. The "classic rock" format station in town (the only station that plays something with out a Gaga, no Nashville and with a guitar) played STP. Seriously? They're not classic rock, they're rock from high school!>:(

My wife laughed at me about this.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So I am watching the local evening news and seeing the Chargers highlights. Then "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth comes on as background music to the tacklings of our defensive team. I was like, "Oh, come on!! My parents ears used to bleed because of this music". I am witnessing this aspect of my teen-aged anthology being lowered to a commercial neuter-fest of muzak>:(!!
I now know how the teens of the Sixties felt with the commercialization and exploitation of the Beatles.

I still like the old definition of old age.......when you start finding all the good music in the cheap section at the record/cd store. (Now even that is going away with the advent of itunes and other downloadable music. [:/])

I still like the old definition of old age.......when you start finding all the good music in the cheap section at the record/cd store. (Now even that is going away with the advent of itunes and other downloadable music. [:/])

...on 8 track? ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

One of the ways I try to stay young is by listening to new music, like Nirvana.

My kids were riding in the shopping cart when I bought Nevermind. Now 3 are in college. I'm saying that's classic.

So many bands I like are having 10th anniversary, 20th anniversary show. Hungry young indie bands are in their forties, raising kids. Whatever never mind.:)

I recently experienced one of the worst things that can happen. The "classic rock" format station in town (the only station that plays something with out a Gaga, no Nashville and with a guitar) played STP. Seriously? They're not classic rock, they're rock from high school!>:(

My wife laughed at me about this.

Who the hell is STP:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Back when my older kid was, oh, about 14, I was playing a really bitchin' Led Zepplin tune on the car radio. From the back seat: "Dad? Could you please change the station? This song is so lame."

And yet so many kids are "discovering" this old stuff again. In the car, my 16 yo daughter listens to Zep on the classic rock station, my oldest daughter is a Bob Dylan disciple. They want me to tell them what it was like to see the Who with the original lineup.

In any musical era there are a lot of mediocre bands and forgettable songs, but there's always some Cream that floats to the top. I just hope the Ratt/Poison big hair/spandex thing doesn't come back.:S:D