Boris73

How many of you jump without an AAD?

Same as Twardo...don't have one.

It would be a good investment, but somehow I just never have the money. When I think of how many jumps I've done I know I could have afforded it over the years, but I always end up feeding the addiction before buying the device...:S

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

You should have added a 3rd option to your poll:

"I have one in my rig and have purposely jumped with it turned off".

The AAD is a great tool. It just may save your life if you are ever disabled in freefall. My primary rig has one and my second rig used to have one but it's life span expired and I never bothered to replace it. Sometimes we make jumps where the freefall is in a very controlled environment and under some extremely rare cases the AAD can do more harm than good. When I do a jump with many other people in the back of my mind there is a little peace of mind knowing the AAD is there to help if I am involved in a freefall collision. But when I do a hop n' pop, I don't need the AAD.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have a speed cypres2 installed right now. I've hit over normal aad firing speeds in a dive at altitude, bit cannot yet get near the 96mph needed to fire the Speed version, without multiple rotations. Currently I only do a 270 on final, so I'm not broaching during speed in my turn. AAD's are mandatory @ my dz, but may be waved under certain HP canopy piloting circumstances. Overall, I feel they are a pretty cheap "semi-life insurance" policy, but I'm not hesitant to jump without one.

With or without, makes no real difference to me.

I've a few mal's logged, both low/high speed, including a wicked horseshoe. Even have two dumbass low pull induced CYPRES fires resulting in reserve PC in tow. :S
So other than injury/unconsciousness rendering me incapable of pulling, or pliot error/stupidity, I'm extremely confident in my self/training & gear.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I've a few mal's logged, both low/high speed, including a wicked horseshoe. Even have two dumbass low pull induced CYPRES fires resulting in reserve PC in tow. :S
So other than injury/unconsciousness rendering me incapable of pulling, or pliot error/stupidity, I'm extremely confident in my self/training & gear.

wow; remind me to pull myself off the load if you're in the same plane.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

wow; remind me to pull myself off the load if you're in the same plane.. :S

Bahahahaha...thats funny

I'll fill that load.

No AAD for me yet.....would love to have one..but...

the absolute miniscule chance that you'll actually need one. If it makes you feel better then fine.

Do you do RW? I was on a 12 way at LP last summer when Jim Lennox got knocked out in a funnel. It can happen fast. Freefly? I had another friend get knocked out on a 2 way freefly. She woke up at 50' under her deployed (by AAD) reserve. Work with students? Another friend got knocked out by a student's stray foot on an AFF jump. The AAD had to open for her.

I made my first ~2500 without one, but I sure prefer to have one now. Sure, they can cause trouble if you open low, but I think they've saved more lives than they've cost. In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. :)

To those jumping without one: fuck off you inconsiderate risk taker.:P

Hell yeah!

"Life's pretty cheap to that sort, Janet." - Brad in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (which my daughter is watching right now in the other room.:D)

You didnt have to spell it out for us:P

Tell little Miss Mitch I have seen that 200+ times and i used to play Brad in the Audience castB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

To those jumping without one: fuck off you inconsiderate risk taker.:P

Hi cheesehead,
I beg your pardon, I resemble that remark!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D;);) And I guess having your black box makes you "Bounce Proof" too!!!! Remember what Sparky said," You are not now, nor will you ever be good enough not to die in this Sport!" Lots of really nice people tried to snort a lot of dirt thinkin',"But I have an AAD!!" Tell it to the Reaper, son.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out