thrillisgone25

Vigil

SDLI is using them on some of there tandems. I have a vigil installed on my rig. 20 year life span, no routine maintenance, the battery can be replaced by your rigger (I believe), great little unit. The vigil was recommended to me by my rigger and art from the skydive store.

I have a vigil installed on my rig. 20 year life span, no routine maintenance,

So far the unit isn't old enough to have skipped a 4 year type cycle. We'll see how it ends up. If lots of units start failing their self check at year X, they may change up.

I believe Hollister is using them on at least some rigs, though the ones I rented were Cypres. Last year a vigil save was reported here.

A friend of mine just got a vigil and put about 200 jumps on it. Just today it wouldn't turn on. He asked me to come and look at it and with much trying I finally got it to turn on. it said it was set for pro and ready to go. My friend and I did a 2 way and we broke off and he had a aad fire at 2500 as he was pulling his pilot chute!!! luckily he slowed down enough so it didn't open but still. sending it to the factory to get that free cutter replacment and to see whats wrong with it.
Na' Cho' Cheese

after reading that a few times I think (and am probably wrong) he probably had a fire and slowed down enough to not deploy the main? Even that seems kinda odd though...:S

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think I understand, slowed enough from res. opening that main pilot chute did not open main container?
James

That's what I got out of what he posted ;) But who knows.. I look forward to more details...

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

when I say "he slowed down" i mean his vigil had fired, and he had a reserve. then you would ask why did he pull the pilot chute...? well he thought he had horse shoe malf. so he pulled. but when he looked up and saw the reserve he started pulling in his pilot chute(the pilot chute didn't deploy the main)
Hope that cleared the confusion. this is hard to put into words.
Na' Cho' Cheese

A friend of mine just got a vigil and put about 200 jumps on it. Just today it wouldn't turn on. He asked me to come and look at it and with much trying I finally got it to turn on. it said it was set for pro and ready to go. My friend and I did a 2 way and we broke off and he had a aad fire at 2500 as he was pulling his pilot chute!!! luckily he slowed down enough so it didn't open but still. sending it to the factory to get that free cutter replacment and to see whats wrong with it.

But a sceduled check-up each 4-years is still not required!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

A friend of mine just got a vigil and put about 200 jumps on it. Just today it wouldn't turn on. He asked me to come and look at it and with much trying I finally got it to turn on. it said it was set for pro and ready to go. My friend and I did a 2 way and we broke off and he had a aad fire at 2500 as he was pulling his pilot chute!!! luckily he slowed down enough so it didn't open but still. sending it to the factory to get that free cutter replacment and to see whats wrong with it

Let us know what the manufacturer says. It sounds as though the unit was inadvertently set to tandem mode.

Yes there was a net back then. Type Cypres, (or Cypress as some couldn't spell it) into this search box and you'll get many Cypres related posts from the early nineties.

http://www.recskydiving.org/search.asp

USENET existed, but a much smaller population had access to it. Services like prodigy, msn, aol didn't join the internet for a few more years. It was glorious!

Figure 94 or 95 for the birth of www. And perhaps 2000 or beyond for useful searching.

1 reason it was Germany. Once the "protection of territory" was legally worked through then Germany didn't object any more.

Skydiving ran a good article on the Vigil.

We will hear the same baseless complaints when the ARGUS AAD is released to the public.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!