skymama

Is it OK to use a coupon on a first date?

I'm a guy and i would never use a coupon on the first date. To me that is just being a cheap MF'r. If you ask a girl out on a date you should be able to pay for the date. Now, don't get me wrong I love to save a buck wherever i can and on future dates with the same person I would not be shy in whipping out a coupon especially if it was for an amusement park or something like that. But first date at a resturant no way! I am also a very generous tipper regardless of coupons. I tend to use coupons for shopping. I will cut the coupons out of the sunday paper and I do have my little baggie of coupons I take to do my grocery shopping.
I don't think by throwing money around on a first date is going to impress the girl and if that does then she is not the girl for me. But I was raised old school and when you ask someone out you pay the frieght. Very simple.

I wonder if nataly thinks clipping coupons out of the Sunday paper is sexy? If it is I am one sexy dude! I am just a little bit uncomfortable saying that.

just my .02
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

Denny's for the first date

Last time I went to a Denny's was the Holiday Boogie in 05. Guess who I ate with?

;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Nothing wrong with coupons. But you don't know the other person and they don't know you. Probably best to let them get to know that you are thrifty and not cheap before you whip out the coupon organizer. Just my suggestion.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It seems OK to me, but I guess it might depend on the situation. I never had much of a normal dating life though, so I don't really have any "rules" for what the first date should be like.

Simple, Dinner, maybe a movie, possibly dancing, then Bed!......Breakfast is always a welcome perk!

I wonder if nataly thinks clipping coupons out of the Sunday paper is sexy?

What's wrong with that??!

Seriously.. If a guy uses coupons - great. I prefer a home-cooked meal anyway, but nothing wrong with coupons - even on a first date. The main thing that's important is whether you like the guy!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm a guy and i would never use a coupon on the first date. To me that is just being a cheap MF'r.

And I will argue that if a girl gets bent out of shape because the guy used a coupon,
that is a red flag that she likes to see money thrown around needlessly.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Seriously.. If a guy uses coupons - great. I prefer a home-cooked meal anyway, but nothing wrong with coupons - even on a first date. The main thing that's important is whether you like the guy!!

SO, my place, say 7pm?;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

SO, my place, say 7pm?;)

OMG - is it coupon-clipping night??!!! :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

uhh, yeah... sure, coupon-clipping... thats what i was talking about :|:|

:):D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I saw this questioned asked in a magazine. I'm not referring to established relationships, I'm talking specifically about first dates. Would you be offended if your date whipped out a coupon? Would it weigh in your decision to go out with that person again?

For me, a guy would earn brownie points for being a smart consumer. I love coupons!

Considering the times we live in, if he's paying for it, the only proper response is gratitude.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Better give her the kid safety scissors for your own safety. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

She cant cut thru the rope with those right?

She cant cut thru the rope with those right?

Well played.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

My answer would be to ask him or her out on the date like this:

"Have you heard of this restaurant? I've never been there, but I got this offer in the mail, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Would you like to check it out with me?"

Problem solved.
:)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

"Have you heard of this restaurant? I've never been there, but I got this offer in the mail, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Would you like to check it out with me?"

Problem solved.

Hey, have you heard of this place called McDonalds? I've never been there, but I got this exclusive offer on TV, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Would you like to check it out with me?:$

Problem solved.

Hey, have you heard of this place called McDonalds? I've never been there, but I got this exclusive offer on TV, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Would you like to check it out with me?:$

"Um, no thanks, I don't really like that place. But you go ahead." You have to get her to agree to the date in the first place! Sheesh.:S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Problem solved.

"Um, no thanks, I don't really like that place. But you go ahead." You have to get her to agree to the date in the first place! Sheesh.:S

Ahh, touche!

Until next time!:)