skymama

Is it OK to use a coupon on a first date?

Look I'm 33, and time isn't on my side when it comes to dating. I want to be in a stable, loving, committed relationship before I'm 35. The idea of dating when I'm 40 does not appeal to me at all.

\
You have no idea what you are speaking of. I am 40, dating at this age is great!!!

Yeah but.....it's not my thing. I'm good at dating. But I'll be honest with you I really did love my x wife. If it wasn't for her "issues", which I won't discuss here, she was my soul mate. And I was happy. And my first date wit her....simple coffee and a walk. Infact I think our first three dates were that way.

I hope to get lucky one day and find some one like her again. That would be nice. You know but with out the "issues".
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

There are no women out there without issues.

There are no men out there w/out issues either.

We all got issues.

yeah but her issue became my issue which caused other issue. The girl was perfect, I loved her with all my heart and I did a lot to have her in my life. But she had this one issue that well.......became a major issue.

Maybe if we had gone for longer walks it wouldn't have been a major issue but that's the past.

But I'll stick with it, it's not money you need to worry about it's time.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Princes don't carry coupons. ;)

But, many people with money do--if only in some cases to present one and weed out the reaction of their first-dates they suspect may only be after them for their money.

If someone is using coupons, then it is suspected that
they don't have money to spare... or better yet, share.

When people are looking for a sponsor, they avoid the one with a limited budget.

You don't keep money by spending it.
Being frivolous allows you to keep the cash for later in life.
Or more jumps, motorcycles, and other things in life instead of just "blowing" it wastefully.
I know a few people that are seriously loaded.
They drive beaters.
They don't wear label clothing.
They save their money, invest wisely, buy homes, save for their future.
B|

But, many people with money do--if only in some cases to present one and weed out the reaction of their first-dates they suspect may only be after them for their money.

Look I'm ugly enough, I'm just happy she is there.
And for me money....look I've been rich and I've been poor. and trust me being rich is nice!
But here is the deal, I'm looking to find some one to share my life with. And if I invest some money she needs to invest something much more valuable...her time and her understanding.
And if she can do that then well together....with my income and her income (say 80% of what I make) we could have a hell of a life together.

Look I'm ugly enough, I'm just happy she is there.
And for me money....look I've been rich and I've been poor. and trust me being rich is nice!
But here is the deal, I'm looking to find some one to share my life with. And if I invest some money she needs to invest something much more valuable...her time and her understanding.
And if she can do that then well together....with my income and her income (say 80% of what I make) we could have a hell of a life together.

So basically you want a wife who is subservient to your needs?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

>And if I invest some money she needs to invest something much
>more valuable...her time and her understanding.

If you make it clear that that's the trade you are looking for - I suspect you will not like who you end up with. (After all, that means if the money slows down, so does the time and understanding.)

Any relationship requires time and a lot of effort into that understanding. Money cannot replace that, nor can it purchase it. If you go into a relationship willing to "spend" time and effort instead of money I think you'll have a lot more luck.

So basically you want a wife who is subservient to your needs?

Where did you get that? :|

Look you will always make money, time....time is something you just can't get back. And with time you can make money but money won't get your time back.

So it's not about using a coupon it's about living with in your means and on the first few dates taking it easy and forgoing the huge $$$ for more talk is the best way to go.

Yeah there are girls out there who are only interested in huge $$$ and they have a right to be. Because it's what makes them happy. And instead of using a coupon going to a quieter less expensive location for dinner will help one determine what she really wants.

Because in the end all guys more or less want the same thing. A cool chick, who can make dinner once a week, isn't too nutty, isn't too uptight, eager to make us scream the lords name twict to three times a week and who understand that even though we guys mean well and our intentions are in the right place our actions may fall a bit short.

But what women want....that changes second to second day to day for no other reason than just because.

if we had a "shaking head" emoticon, I'd use it now.
right here.
---> :|

Ask Skyrider for his personalized eye roll emoticon. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Because in the end all guys more or less want the same thing. A cool chick,
>who can make dinner once a week, isn't too nutty, isn't too uptight, eager
>to make us scream the lords name twict to three times a week and who
>understand that even though we guys mean well and our intentions are in
>the right place our actions may fall a bit short.

As a guy I can say pretty safely that all guys don't want that.

>But what women want....that changes second to second day to day for no
>other reason than just because.

Men and women really aren't all that different when you get right down to it. They are far more alike than they are different.

You don't keep money by spending it.
Being frivolous allows you to keep the cash for later in life.
Or more jumps, motorcycles, and other things in life instead of just "blowing" it wastefully.
I know a few people that are seriously loaded.
They drive beaters.
They don't wear label clothing.
They save their money, invest wisely, buy homes, save for their future.
B|

I agree with you, but that is all for the "future".
For people that plan for the next hour, spenders are the way to go.
When the current sponsor runs out, there is a new one.
I used to think it was a Florida thing bred by tourism.

"This person won't be here in two weeks, party time..."

It depends.

I receive discounts all over the place if I flash my work ID and at restaurants for example I often times just increase the tip by the amount of the discount. Never used a coupon on the first date, but I would not be opposed to the idea.

As long as you are not perceived as cheap go for it. Not really a problem with me... I've got "mad skillz" with the ladies. B|

>Because in the end all guys more or less want the same thing. A cool chick,
>who can make dinner once a week, isn't too nutty, isn't too uptight, eager
>to make us scream the lords name twict to three times a week and who
>understand that even though we guys mean well and our intentions are in
>the right place our actions may fall a bit short.

As a guy I can say pretty safely that all guys don't want that.

So you want a uptight girl who, never helps you in the kitchen, is slightly outo f her mind, calls you a moron every time you do something wrong and has the sex drive of a dead nun?

Really?

Well if so then dating for you must be easy! Hell I've had girls tell me all kinds of nutty things.
Everything from, "Well....would you ever consider returning the cats to the pound where you found them." to "I don't like that you use the microwave to heat food and these robts that cean your house make you lazy!" to my favorite line "Your a great guy, but I don't think I like this life you have of riding your motorcycle and skydiving."

You know what would be cool though....a "let's not talk about this" coupon that each person has.
If your date won't shut up about work or you can't shut up about your last jump he or she can give you this coupon to shut up and not talk about that subject for the evening. :)
I had this date with this gorgeous girl, Joana. Simply gorgeos. Smart, sexy, funny, amazing smile, smelled amazing but....as as ICU nurse all she could talk about was people kicking the bucket...three dates...he died she died they died....I just couldn't take it. I wish i had one of those coupons so I could maybe know her better before calling it quits.

Really?

Well if so then dating for you must be easy! Hell I've had girls tell me all kinds of nutty things.
Everything from, "Well....would you ever consider returning the cats to the pound where you found them." to "I don't like that you use the microwave to heat food and these robts that cean your house make you lazy!" to my favorite line "Your a great guy, but I don't think I like this life you have of riding your motorcycle and skydiving."

You know what would be cool though....a "let's not talk about this" coupon that each person has.
If your date won't shut up about work or you can't shut up about your last jump he or she can give you this coupon to shut up and not talk about that subject for the evening. :)
I had this date with this gorgeous girl, Joana. Simply gorgeos. Smart, sexy, funny, amazing smile, smelled amazing but....as as ICU nurse all she could talk about was people kicking the bucket...three dates...he died she died they died....I just couldn't take it. I wish i had one of those coupons so I could maybe know her better before calling it quits.

Shah: I try not to give unsolicited advice, but I'm going to break that rule briefly for you because we have all read so many of your posts about your personal life.

I had a cousin who was engaged to a girl who had four kids by four husbands. All marriages ended in divorce. It was his first engagement. I pointed out to him that this woman had four guys vote 'no' in her case. She was definitely off the island. Logically, that meant one of two things. Either she was a dud, or she picked duds. Neither answer boded well for his marriage to her.

In your case - I think there are three possible answers. Either all the women in the world are crazy / have issues (cynical, but possible); you are picking the wrong girls, or; you are crazy / have issues.

Two out of three answers suggest you should take some time off from dating and focus on yourself. I'm not pointing fingers. I am not dating and am focusing on myself as well.

Just some friendly advice. Take it or leave it. It will not hurt my feelings either way.

David.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.