skydiverbob

Top Gear-History Channel

Halo vs. Velociraptor
Tanner races Ford's new F150 Raptor against a parachutist jumping from 25,000 feet. Adam reviews the new Mercedes SLS AMG, and Rutledge and Adam go into battle as they attempt to create a replacement to the Hummer for the military. Kid Rock races on the Top Gear test track.

Not exactly sure what this is going to be about but it might be interesting.
Who Dares Wins

Sounds like a copy of the Cayenne Turbo S vs Skydiver (it was a wingsuit tho) of the original.

They weren't very impressed with the Cayenne if I remember right... Well, that was before they could take their aggression on the Panamera [barf]
Remster

We were talking about this about a week ago give or take. Originally I was supposed to the the shoot in full military gear from 25k AGL but the film schedule and mine conflicted. Jeffro ended up doing the show and does some FF'ing and a nice canopy swoop at the finish. I haven't seen the seen the final show, just some of the raw footage from the shoot.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If you had done the show we might have all watched.[:/]

Bummer

Jeffro is a cool cat that has serious skydiving chops to do very well in this realm of entertainment. Check him on FB or Youtube. Lots of neat videos in Dubai recently. On the RedBull team.

Although I know Scott better/longer than Jeffro, both are exceptionally capable of representing the sport in the national/international arena.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bummer

what is the difference if he does it or if someone else does it
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

what is the difference if he does it or if someone else does it

Many have found the US version to be not a s good as the original. I have tried to watch it, but find it to be nothing but a bad copy of the UK version.

If Scott had been on it, some people would have watched it just to see him.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Bummer

Thanks for the props but I agree with Aggie, Jeffro has some awesome skill sets. I hope the show picks up some. I can kind of agree that it doesn't live up to the UK version but it's going to be hard to do something that hasn't already been done on the UK version simply because the UK version has been around longer and the US hosts aren't as well known.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Bummer

Thanks for the props but I agree with Aggie, Jeffro has some awesome skill sets. I hope the show picks up some. I can kind of agree that it doesn't live up to the UK version but it's going to be hard to do something that hasn't already been done on the UK version simply because the UK version has been around longer and the US hosts aren't as well known.

That and the hosts are HORRIBLE.

I can kind of agree that it doesn't live up to the UK version but it's going to be hard to do something that hasn't already been done on the UK version simply because the UK version has been around longer and the US hosts aren't as well known.

i think alot of the apeal of the uk show is the cameradre of the hosts and the way they bust each others chops . something that prob. dosen't happen overnight
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

We were talking about this about a week ago give or take. Originally I was supposed to the the shoot in full military gear from 25k AGL but the film schedule and mine conflicted. Jeffro ended up doing the show and does some FF'ing and a nice canopy swoop at the finish. I haven't seen the seen the final show, just some of the raw footage from the shoot.

Oh man according to the show you just gave up "classified" info on the identity of the jumper. lol. Have fun in your cell with Julian Assange and Daniel Ellsberg. :P

Overall a good bit. Was all the freefall footage from just one jump or compiled from multiple? By the looks of the multiple skid marks as the truck went around the corner and onto asphault, they had mutiple shoots of the driving portion.

Was all the freefall footage from just one jump or compiled from multiple? By the looks of the multiple skid marks as the truck went around the corner and onto asphault, they had mutiple shoots of the driving portion.

No, there were several jumps done just to get the B roll in air footage. However, the actual race was one jump just as you see it with both starting at the same time,racing toward the finish line. The truck pre ran the course so the driver would know where he was going and what the course was like because you can literally drive all over the place in that part of the desert if you don't know where you are. It also gave the camera crew the opportunity to get additional footage of the vehicle's performance from different perspectives that they couldn't necessarily get during the race.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I thought it was pretty neat, i watched it last night with my gf.

Her: Uh oh, the skydiver is going to lose, he cant get the canopy down that fast.
Me: No, he's got it in the bag.
Her: They just said he is at 1000 feet though and the truck is almost at the finish line.
Me: Yeah that's 5 seconds for the skydiver.
Her: Huh? How?
Me: He's gonna busy out a 720 swoop.
Her: How do you know?
Me: Because the inplane footage shows a Xaos patch on his arm ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero