airdvr

Is getting head considered sex anymore?

If someone says to me "I had sex with so-and-so" I assume that means penetration. Otherwise it's a BJ, or oral, but not really "sex". Very personal, but not quite on the same level as "sex" IMO.

On a bit of a side-note: it *DOES* count in terms of infidelity, though, so NO excuses there for anyone who might be tempted!!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

If someone says to me "I had sex with so-and-so" I assume that means penetration. Otherwise it's a BJ, or oral, but not really "sex". Very personal, but not quite on the same level as "sex" IMO.

On a bit of a side-note: it *DOES* count in terms of infidelity, though, so NO excuses there for anyone who might be tempted!!!

What about 'eatin' ain't cheatin'?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So oral penetration isn't penetration?

To me if 2 or more ppl have fun parts exposed and are touching in the aim of physically pleasing each other its sex

So oral penetration isn't penetration?

To me if 2 or more ppl have fun parts exposed and are touching in the aim of physically pleasing each other its sex

Well, let's just say that when I think of "sex" I think penis-in-vagina. Anything else in the repertoire has to be specified. Like if you go anal, it's not just sex anymore, but anal sex (in this case it's *more* intimate than vaginal penetration, but still needs to be qualified because it isn't "standard" - for lack of a better word).

And oral to me is not sex, but oral sex. It's a sub-category, in my view. But hey, it's just my opinion - it's what I think of when someone uses the word.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

NOT if you're Bill Clinton...;)

That is a fairly common attitude with good ole boys from that region

Hey... I don't know how many times I heard that while spendin time growin up there.

Just sayin:ph34r:

Actually it is a pretty common defense for those who get caught. From anywhere. Ya gotta say somthin…

:P

So oral sex isn't sex. Next you're going to tell me that a French kiss isn't a kiss ... :S

...A kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh...:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-10-18-teens-sex_x.htm

An old article, but one worth reading if you're a parent of a teen or pre-teen girl to understand how things have changed.

"Among teens, oral sex is often viewed so casually that it needn't even occur within the confines of a relationship. Some teens say it can take place at parties, possibly with multiple partners..."

My 15yo daughter tells Rox much more than she would ever tell me. Seems one of her friends has busied herself pleasing the boys orally.

I'm wondering if kids consider that sex?

Would you answer "yes" if someone asked you if you had had sex with someone that only gave you a blowjob? I sure wouldn't, and I'm not a kid by any stretch.

How many people have you had sex with?
Does your number include everyone you've had oral sex with?
I think that the common response to this is how many people you have had actual sex (i.e. vaginal penetration with a penis) with.

In a physiological meaning of course getting a beej is still sex, the patterns of the sexual response cycle are still constant despite not having penetration.

In the metaphysical sense, which I guess you're asking about, I don't know, but it should be in my opinion.
Peace, love and hoppiness

"Sex" is the broad category; penile/vaginal intercourse is just one of numerous sub-categories of sex. So, of course oral sex is a form of sex. Silly semantics doesn't change that.

I agree.. But oral sex and intercourse are not on the same level, are they?

And as for the OP, I regularly take public transportation and regularly find myself more than a little shocked by the conversations kids are having.. I don't know if I was just green when I was that age and maybe all the other kids were already blasé then just like today.. All I know is I sure as hell didn't think or talk or engage in sexual behaviour like that when I was just a kid.. :S

On one hand, I'm all for taking the guilt out of sex and being more liberal.. On the other hand, I can't help but think there is such a thing as losing your "innocence" too early..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

oral sex IS sex in my opinion. It would be considered cheating if you were in a committed, relationship...you can still get STD's from it

+1
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And this is why whenever a woman says she has fucked X guys you need to multiply it with 3. Once for a-hole, once for vag and once for mouth.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

And this is why whenever a woman says she has fucked X guys you need to multiply it with 3. Once for a-hole, once for vag and once for mouth.

Your giving far too much credit to anal...Not many even think of going there!;)