davjohns

Beautiful = Messed up?

I am not propounding this as a universal constant. I just have this general idea that the more attractive a woman is, the greater the probability that she has issues.

Attractive women seem to have the usual issues of low self-esteme, self-doubt and such like everyone else. But they also seem to have the added problem of having grown up with people giving them things, getting attention from men before being emotionally prepared for it and such. I have also found that a huge percentage have been raped at some time and that has had a terrible consequence for them.

I'm not saying it is their fault. But it is a reason I don't tend to approach the women I find most attractive.

Curious about other viewpoints.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I am not propounding this as a universal constant. I just have this general idea that the more attractive a woman is, the greater the probability that she has issues.

Attractive women seem to have the usual issues of low self-esteme, self-doubt and such like everyone else. But they also seem to have the added problem of having grown up with people giving them things, getting attention from men before being emotionally prepared for it and such. I have also found that a huge percentage have been raped at some time and that has had a terrible consequence for them.

I'm not saying it is their fault. But it is a reason I don't tend to approach the women I find most attractive.

Agreed. Hence the $200 rule. ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>I just have this general idea that the more attractive a woman is, the
>greater the probability that she has issues.

It would be more accurate to say "the more attractive a woman is, the greater the probability you'll have issues with her." Such things are often self-fulfilling prophecies.

On a whole, while the issues you list are real (i.e. always being the center of attention) the person behind the face has far more to do with how she treats other people than the face itself. IMO.

I imagine the women are forming some theories of their own after reading your post.

I think naturally beautiful women, are normal. Just like the plain Janes. It's the ones that feel the need to spend all of their time trying to make themselves look like what they believe is beautiful that have issues.

True beauty is on the inside. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Location Location Location...... Bless their little hearts.

Back in the 70's I lived with a cover girl model, (actually on the cover twice), she was the most "insecure" female I ever put up with, but so damn beautiful, it was worth it for a few months....;)

I lived with another back about 76, that worked for the Playboy club in St Louis, fuckin HOT, totally worthless in bed though...Had MANY issues, (including raped at an early age as mentioned)...

Wait.....I never stayed with an ugly broad, only kissed one, once, so I am clueless at how much better/stable a plane or ugly woman may be...

Even my wife of 32 years, still turns heads...B|:)

Orrrrr .... if we're going to make generalizations, perhaps we could say that it's the very narrow standard of beauty that is expected of women (particularly in the U.S.) that can cause issues in many girls and women who either do not meet that standard, or who believe they do not meet that standard, or who live in fear of no longer meeting that standard. Till we as a society start valuing and judging our girls and women on more than their aesthetics, this'll continue to be an issue for many women. Even the ones who are intelligent, educated, and accomplished are still evaluated on their conformance to the beauty standard.[:/]

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

...Everybody 'funny', now you funny too. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Orrrrr .... if we're going to make generalizations, perhaps we could say that it's the very narrow standard of beauty that is expected of women (particularly in the U.S.) that can cause issues in many girls and women who either do not meet that standard, or who believe they do not meet that standard, or who live in fear of no longer meeting that standard. Till we as a society start valuing and judging our girls and women on more than their aesthetics, this'll continue to be an issue for many women. Even the ones who are intelligent, educated, and accomplished are still evaluated on their conformance to the beauty standard.[:/]

I truly believe that, for the most part, the only people who really feel this way are self-victimizing women.
Come, my friends! 'Tis not too late to seek out a newer world!

I truly believe that, for the most part, the only people who really feel this way are self-victimizing women.

What 'Twardo said. :S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"No matter how good she looks, someone somewhere is sick of her shit."

100% true and agreed. but recognizing the origin of her shit helps you be able to help her and stay with her. There are a ton of problems people can have as they grow up, caused by tons of things that are seemingly innocent.

I just have this general idea that the more attractive a woman is, the greater the probability that she has issues.

Could it possibly be that the women you personally find attractive have a greater probability of having issues?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I truly believe they have problems heaped on them by a society that places an extreme amount of value on beauty. One needn't look further than the kiddie beauty pagents, ads aimed at young girls, and the music and film industry. Take a good long look at the next Victoria's Secret (I always do) or the covergirls on the magazines in the checkout line and you'll see where the problem begins.

They'll spend most of their lives chasing that look only to find that it really gets them nothing but bullshit.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I agree with most of what is said here. I think some of you think I am criticizing the women. I think I am being more critical of a world that both rewards and punishes these developing girls based on their looks. I know there are probably women who grow up perfectly well adjusted despite their looks. I just think it could easily be a curse to them sometimes.

And the comment that I might just be attracted to women with issues...don't think THAT hasn't crossed my mind before. But no matter my relationship with the woman, I have found it to be this way.

I just threw it out there for discussion. I have no answers. I think we are totally hurting some girls based on their looks even when we think we are not.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Take a good long look at the next Victoria's Secret (I always do) or the covergirls on the magazines in the checkout line and you'll see where the problem begins.

They'll spend most of their lives chasing that look only to find that it really gets them nothing but bullshit.

Despite what society throws out there, the person who is "chasing that look" has made a choice to do so. So, if that person has a problem, then I think the problem begins within that person.

The world is full of advertisements and other people's expectations. But, to a large extent, we have control over how much we choose to let those things affect us.