npgraphicdesign

Why is it so difficult to find love nowadays?

That has exactly been my experience with women since the 90's...

Does that suprise you?

Does this mean that I don't have a set of balls because I rather the women come to me?

Maybe you're too eager.;)

Are you calling me UGLY! :o

:P

No, I'm saying you don't give women the chance to pick you up because you're already sniffing thier ass before you even take off your coat...:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

No, I'm saying you don't give women the chance to pick you up because you're already sniffing thier ass before you even take off your coat...:D

You know you sniff one bum..... ;)

Nah I'm not "on" 24/7 and I'll be honest, I have never been hit on at a bar.....by any girl I found attractive.

Who knows. Maybe this summer :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

You know you sniff one bum..... ;)

Nah I'm not "on" 24/7 and I'll be honest, I have never been hit on at a bar.....by any girl I found attractive.

Who knows. Maybe this summer :)

tell 'em u're a skydiver; always works! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I agree that *both* genders have a responsibility in "putting themselves forward." Just remember that it takes a LOOOOOOONG time to undo thousands (?) of years of social conditioning...

Social conditioning? If it really were a social construct then It'd be gone in one generation. Not that long ago being gay was considered a mental illness. Nowadays being gay is a non-issue and gays can get married and probably soon will be able to adopt children too.

Women not approaching men has shit all to do with social constructs and everything to do with biology.

Social conditioning does not take only one generation to disappear. But granted, an element of biology is probably at play as well.

And homosexuality is *not* a non-issue... If it were, it wouldn't even occur to you to mention it! :D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Excuses excuses....buy a guy a drink will you!
Stop being a little princess in the tower.
Buy a guy a drink!
Walk over, put your ovaries on the line!
And remember don't star are his package!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Buy a guy a drink!

Ok... You are *clearly* not talking about me here...

And even if your theories were right... That women only want money and men only want sex... If it's consensual and mutually beneficial, what the hell is the problem, anyway??? If it really were that base and that simple, then seriously.. Women have pussy; men have money. It would mean that there is a fair exchange going on.. Why do you find this so upsetting??
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Buy a guy a drink!

Ok... You are *clearly* not talking about me here...

And even if your theories were right... That women only want money and men only want sex... If it's consensual and mutually beneficial, what the hell is the problem, anyway??? If it really were that base and that simple, then seriously.. Women have pussy; men have money. It would mean that there is a fair exchange going on.. Why do you find this so upsetting??

you're not serious about this reply, really!?

that would mean, woman are whores and men are just buying them!? wow.. :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Yeah and where is our beer?
And was she checking out my junk?
I mean really! I am more than just head, shaft and balls you know!

Yeah and where is our beer?
And was she checking out my junk?
I mean really! I am more than just a big head, thin shaft and small (blue) balls you know!

there, fixed it for you. dont forget, with those qualities you only need a big enough wallet according to nataly..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Who you calling thin!
:P
And yes...it is a big round head....oh how the ladies seem to love the big round head....;)

Renting, not buying;
They always want it back when you're done with it.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No, I'm not serious. I'm just pointing out that even by his screwed up logic he has nothing to complain about! :D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Renting, not buying;
They always want it back when you're done with it.:|

you're right of course, i meant buying, as buying a slot or time.. maybe slot is the term better fitted. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No, I'm not serious. I'm just pointing out that even by his screwed up logic he has nothing to complain about! :D

ok, just had to make sure..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Re: [NewGuy] Why is it so difficult to find love nowadays? - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

Maybe you are gay?

gays can love too

But of course! Maybe just looking for love in all the wrong places (women that is)...

How old are you?

Just curious, do you think we put less emphasis on "finding love" as we age? Now that I am older, finding love is less important. It would be nice if it happened, but I am in no rush to make it happen. As Nataly pointed out it is better to be happy within yourself. If you are not happy with yourself you will never make someone else happy.

His questions about relationships reveal a possible a dating maturity of a late teen to early twenties person. I think that's why she asked. . .

Or he's a bonifide hopeless romantic.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Just curious, do you think we put less emphasis on "finding love" as we age? Now that I am older, finding love is less important. It would be nice if it happened, but I am in no rush to make it happen. As Nataly pointed out it is better to be happy within yourself. If you are not happy with yourself you will never make someone else happy.

I think it's endearing & refreshing to see this side of guys !

Trust me when I say...eventually woman do want to be with guys that want genuine love...for the long haul !

Younger gals typically want the 'show off' relationship...materialistic & physical appeal, rather than guys of 'substance' ...and the same goes for guys!

Sure it's cool to have a bad boy image, because yes, chicks like it...for awhile !

On the same level, guys want the all around chick...the good for the image kind of woman !

Eventually that all wanes, & the search is back on...

Just give it some time, SHE will notice the genuine man !

The comradery, compatibility & all the good stuff will be there, wanted & reciprocated !

Trust me when I say...eventually woman do want to be with guys that want genuine love...for the long haul !

You got that boys? Once she's been around the block once or twice or three times and is jaded with life after a steady diet of tools.....you now have a chance!
WTF!
Come on doll! I know a girl like this!
Beautiful girl, smart, MS in Psychology and makes great money.....dated tools for all of her life UNTIL she got knocked up. Little one popped out...tool ran for the hills...actually for ANOTHER STATE! And then guess what....the guy who had a crush on her all through out high school she found him and....finally he "got the girl."
YEAH! POOR DUMB ASS! Actually thinks he's getting the deal of a life time. Yeah right!
You tell me who got the shaft and who got the leftovers.

You got that boys? Once she's been around the block once or twice or three times and is jaded with life after a steady diet of tools.....you now have a chance!
WTF!
Beautiful girl, smart, MS in Psychology and makes great money.....dated tools for all of her life UNTIL she got knocked up. Little one popped out...tool ran for the hills...actually for ANOTHER STATE! And then guess what....the guy who had a crush on her all through out high school she found him and....finally he "got the girl."
YEAH! POOR DUMB ASS! Actually thinks he's getting the deal of a life time. Yeah right!

Are you shitting me, Shah? Your standards for YOUR dating doesn't bug me, we're all entitled to our wants and desires.

Now, to say this guy who is with the woman he'd wanted for years, especially this guy who is raising her child, got the shaft and make fun of him on the internet, now that pisses me off. Because you know what, the man I call Dad is NOT my biological father. My father is a douche, and my DAD loves my mother and loves me and raised me as his own. There are a lot of us in this world who have awesome parents that didn't have to be those parents. Now that, Shah, takes a hell of a lot more balls and love than you will ever have.

WTF!

Are you shitting me, Shah? Your standards for YOUR dating doesn't bug me, we're all entitled to our wants and desires.

Now, to say this guy who is with the woman he'd wanted for years, especially this guy who is raising her child, got the shaft and make fun of him on the internet, now that pisses me off. Because you know what, the man I call Dad is NOT my biological father. My father is a douche, and my DAD loves my mother and loves me and raised me as his own. There are a lot of us in this world who have awesome parents that didn't have to be those parents. Now that, Shah, takes a hell of a lot more balls and love and courage than you will ever have.

You're missing his point.

Its not about the kid. The kid is irrelevant.

Its about the disrespect the woman showed towards the man.

In her youth she kept fucking bad boys and partying. Later in her life when she made mistakes and ran out of options she gave that guy a chance simply because she couldn't keep behaving the way she had been and needed someone to save herself.

Its basically one life long pity fuck. No man with an ounce of self respect shouldn't put themselves in that position.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

>Its about the disrespect the woman showed towards the man.

>In her youth she kept fucking bad boys and partying. Later in her life when
>she made mistakes and ran out of options she gave that guy a chance simply
>because she couldn't keep behaving the way she had been and needed
>someone to save herself.

Or she grew up. Which I can sympathize with; so did I.

>Its basically one life long pity fuck. No man with an ounce of self respect
>shouldn't put themselves in that position.

Don't think you meant to say that.

WTF!

Now, to say this guy who is with the woman he'd wanted for years, especially this guy who is raising her child, got the shaft and make fun of him on the internet, now that pisses me off. Because you know what, the man I call Dad is NOT my biological father. My father is a douche, and my DAD loves my mother and loves me and raised me as his own. There are a lot of us in this world who have awesome parents that didn't have to be those parents. Now that, Shah, takes a hell of a lot more balls and love and courage than you will ever have.

You're missing his point.

Its not about the kid. The kid is irrelevant.

Its about the disrespect the woman showed towards the man.

In her youth she kept fucking bad boys and partying. Later in her life when she made mistakes and ran out of options she gave that guy a chance simply because she couldn't keep behaving the way she had been and needed someone to save herself.

Its basically one life long pity fuck. No man with an ounce of self respect shouldn't put themselves in that position.

All he said is that she dated tools and that he crushed on her in high school. Now I don't know how long it was between high school and this baby, but likely they both changed. And just because what she wanted in a man changed does not necessarily mean she disrespected this guy. Hey, she may have, but guess what? They were in high school. I was a moody bitch in high school. Who hasn't changed since high school or college? PS- there are many people that knew each other for years before one or both parties realized they should be together. That does not make it a pity fuck.