npgraphicdesign

Why is it so difficult to find love nowadays?

7 years later, I bumped into her at a party because she asked someone else "I think I know that guy, could you please introduce us?" When I saw her, I immediately blurted out her name and she welcomed me with open arms for a hug. I couldn't believe I remembered her name despite only seeing her for a few weeks and not thinking of her for the next 6 or so years. Well we started dating, I courted her and we got engaged. Then the problems started. I won't go into details but I realized two things: I was not ready for marriage at 25, and she was not the right person for me. Haven't seen her since, could care less.

FIFY

sorry...pet peeve of mine:P

Fixed it for Billy.

How do you know he is incapable of caring less? Maybe there is no limit to his ability to not care.

Damn you're right. FML ;)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I've had relationships with certifiably crazy women. It seemed to be my specialty for a while.

And buttons! Bumper stickers, T-shirts and buttons! Get your amusing sayings on your favorite mug or hat!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

If I were this dude I wouldn't count on this part:

it is very likely that my income increases

The Wall Street trading game can be very much a young man's game (apologies for any sexism/ageism but the majority of traders are both young and male). One's ability to maintain the stamina for that kind of job/income can fade with age just as surely as physical beauty does.

Both the woman in the Craigslist ad and the man replying strike me as young and a bit overconfident of their beauty/income potential.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Respond to a lot of emails asking you to hide some money for the rich guy fleeing a third world country, don't you?

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Respond to a lot of emails asking you to hide some money for the rich guy fleeing a third world country, don't you?

Sorry I don't follow this. The messages from Craiglist that were posted are a bit of a caricature, but they aren't THAT different from how people really are on Wall Street. I base that opinion from having worked on Wall Street when I was a younger man.

The difference between Wall Street and the Nigerian 419 scams is that there is indeed real money on Wall Street, but it is an intoxicating, fleeting, sort of wealth that isn't as conducive to stable romance as this guy/gal seem to think. One of my co-workers lost $400M and was fired--let's just say he'll never work in that town again.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I can't believe no one has posted this yet. So of course I'm not going to resist.

The reason is because....

You've been was looking for love in all the wrong places
Looking for love in too many faces
Searching their eyes, looking for traces
Of what.. you're dreaming of...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The difference between Wall Street and the Nigerian 419 scams is that there is indeed real money on Wall Street...

I show amend that to say--there is usually real money on Wall Street but there are always the Bernie Madoff's of the world!

I can't believe no one has posted this yet. So of course I'm not going to resist.

The reason is because....

You've been was looking for love in all the wrong places
Looking for love in too many faces
Searching their eyes, looking for traces
Of what.. you're dreaming of...

Wendy P.

Wookin Pa Nub!

Sing it Buckwheat!

Once he sings it, he makes it his own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wo1-sI7MOQ
:D:D:D:D

I hate myself for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I want to walk - but I run back to you
That's why I hate myself for loving you

Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

(chorus)
Once I ran to you (I ran)
Now I'll run from you
This tainted love you've given
I give you all a boy could give you
Take my tears and that's not nearly all
Oh...tainted love
Tainted love

Now I know I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
You don't really want IT any more from me
To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
And you''' think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way

I've had relationships with crazy (in one case certifiably crazy) women.

You too?
I was taken aback when a mutual acquaintance told me a girl I dated had been committed to a mental institution.
She was dingy, (as was her mother), but I didn't think she was any worse than many other girls I knew.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Don't tell me you love me!
Don't tell me. I don't want to know!

As the philosopher Jagger once said - "You can't always get what you want."

The only thing sadder than a thread with men over-analyzing relationships,
is when it devolves into men reciting poetry.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The only thing sadder than a thread with men over-analyzing relationships,
is when it devolves into men reciting poetry.:S

I was quoting Adam Sandler, so I don't know what you're b!tchin' about. :P:ph34r::D

And this thread has been officially hi-jacked. I've given up on recovering it. Next topic: Puppies and kittens. :):ph34r:

Don't tell me. I don't want to know!

Ah, memories. The first time I ever drank whiskey was with the guitar player from that band. And I did fall in love, but it wasn't with him.

Here is to hope :)May we all have it, cherish it and pass it on to our friends. For if there is no love, at least we can have hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCXIvhrEjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiPgbiPmO0Q&feature=player_embedded#at=119

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!