JerseyShawn

Memorial Day weekend plans?

Since its going to be too windy to jump Im going to ride my mountain bike to Santa Cruz from San Francisco and battle the wind on my bike along the coast. Camp the beach overnight. Should be relaxing.

Im going to the Felton Remembers Parade and Covered Bridge Festival while Im there. Buy a few beers for our service boys and girls, shake some hands and such.

What are you peeps doing with your bad ass selves for this long weekend?

Relax, take my mtn bike for a ride, though not in the mountains...(yet)

Oh and hope I don't get called into work this weekend :D

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Since its going to be too windy to jump

You jump at Davis? Supposed to be 5 mph breeze on Saturday.

I'll be continuing to enjoy pain meds as I strive to keep my leg elevated. Might get to go for a picnic on Monday.

I know, you're jealous. My life FTW.

Not according to this: http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/davis/95616/forecast-details.asp?fday=3

But then you look at wunderground and they say "up to 10." And weather channel says 12.

I love how sites can come totally different conclusions on the same raw data. :D:D (In other words "we don't really have a fuckin' clue").
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Since its going to be too windy to jump

I'll be continuing to enjoy pain meds as I strive to keep my leg elevated. Might get to go for a picnic on Monday.

I know, you're jealous. My life FTW.

Ya, Davis. I usually use accuweather as Krisanne posted. For the most part the day of forecast winds are usually right, from what I find so far.

Hope you get out to that picnic, and your leg feels better B|

What's Memorial day, is that like your version of ANZAC Day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_day

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that honors American servicemembers and is observed on the last Monday of May (May 30 in 2011). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. citizens who died while on military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union and Confederate soldiers following the American Civil War,[2] it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

Memorial Day often marks the start of the summer vacation season, and Labor Day its end.

Begun as a ritual of remembrance and reconciliation after the civil war, by the early 20th century, Memorial Day was an occasion for more general expressions of memory, as ordinary people visited the graves of their deceased relatives, whether they had served in the military or not. It also became a long weekend increasingly devoted to shopping, family gatherings, fireworks, trips to the beach, and national media events such as the Indianapolis 500 (since 1911) and the Coca-Cola 600 (since 1960) auto races.[3]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Remembering those who have given their lives in service of our country

Other than that stuck going to a graduation party

Heck I never have attended any of my own graduations

That makes two of us.
Gimme the sheepskin, and lemme get the flock outta here!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am going to catch up on my dz.com postwhoring, maybe go for a bike ride with the kiddo, clean the house, relax, and then sleep in on monday but not over sleep so I can watch Dr Oz...:D

Oh, and study a few hours throu- the weekend...

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly