JerryBaumchen

Where will we get engineers?

Have you taken the Professional Engineering exam and gained your licensure yet? Studying for the PE made engineering school seem like summer camp!

But what would I know? I'm just a lowly civil engineer (and a size 5) ;)

Getting a PE certification is more important in some engineering disciplines then it is in others... Civil Engineering is one of the disciplines that it is very important... I've also found that Mechanical Engineers can find some use in it.

I'm a Materials Engineer and although I took the EIT (Engineer In Training) exam (the precursor to getting a PE) I haven't (and probably won't) persue completing my PE.

especially since I don't do a whole lot of actual engineering any more...

I got my Ing accreditation in Quebec when after my 2 years as a Junior, but never bothered to get it anywhere else I lived. Since I'm in sales now, no real reason.
Remster

I'm more interested and pursuing my MBA. Only 6 months left and so far a nice 3.75 GPA.

Why so low? ;)

Don't laugh I got a C in stats!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Stats was easy!!!

I was attempting to do it utilizing Apples version of Excel. Not fun.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Stats was easy!!!

Don't do stats in excel, especially the mac version. What were you thinking?:)

The Analysis Toolpack in Excel is pretty decent IMO.
Remster

Stats was easy!!!

The Analysis Toolpack in Excel is pretty decent IMO.

I've never used the Analysis Toolpack. I've never really done much analysis in excel -- so I guess I shouldn't say it's bad :)

Stats was easy!!!

Long story, I would to the homework on a PC and the mid term and final on a Mac.
It was not much fun. And the professor......she just didn't like me but who cares. I'm a freaking grad student. So she gave me a C+

But no seriously, talking with my parents, I can't wait to get the hell out of engineering. It's like my condo, it's a great place to be if you are married or nearing the end of your useful life. If you are outgoing or at all interested in a "normal" work environment where the women are not wearing sweat pants and who's egos are blown well past their structural limits....it's not the best place to spend much time.

Jump in learn a few things, figure out how things work, how not to kill passive aggressive managers and get the hell out of town!

Here is a guy, me, who's ESL and is demanding that his professors and instructors have the same proficiency in the language that he has.

The SAME guy that didn't know he had to capitalize the language English?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse." :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Here is a guy, me, who's ESL and is demanding that his professors and instructors have the same proficiency in the language that he has.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off of a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse." :P
the missing word "of" is the real difference there
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off of a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse." :P

Never thought I'd see Squeak nit-picking grammer.:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I didnt;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would love to see you guys arguing the geometry of a perfect set of tits.

I would love to see you guys arguing the geometry of a perfect set of tits.

Perfect is subjective. it's a lose lose argument, unless there's loads of samples, in which case, it becomes a win win argument
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse." :P

Missing word? "Of" is not necessary in the sentence. Adding it changes the meaning.

Missing word? "Of" is not necessary in the sentence. Adding it changes the meaning.
How so?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How so?

Off (slang) is synonymous with kill. ...helping your Uncle Jack kill a horse. At least that is how I understood it.

How so?

Off (slang) is synonymous with kill. ...helping your Uncle Jack kill a horse. At least that is how I understood it.
Not at all how I understood it, especially given the context of grammAr.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How so?

Not at all how I understood it, especially given the context of grammAr.

You are probably right but without “of” my interpretation is what popped into my head when reading it and does make “of” unnecessary. Since the example also speaks about jacking off a horse who knows?

"Grammar":P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Grammar":P
Overkill,
it was addressed twice, once with my "I didnt",post and later with my grammAr post.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?