JerryBaumchen

Where will we get engineers?

>But you should see the girls/women who work in the field!
>SMART AND FREAKING HOT AS HELL!
>Dressed to kill and know just how to do it!

Somewhere there's a Shah posting on some other board saying things like:

"I hate my freaking job! You should see this place. All these financial chicks with the makeup an inch thick and the eight inch heels just looking for a clueless, horny guy to leech off of! It's pathetic how none of them have any skills other than how to get hit on in bars. I'd sooner sleep with a barnyard animal than one of these scheming, greedy, plastic ho's!"

Bill,

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Having spent time with some of those financial chicks, many of them were extremely shallow and focused on one thing...money.

Granted, that is not all of them, generalizing is bad, but if Shah is claiming there aren't any hot engineering chicks, he must not get invited to the good parties.

Somewhere there's a Shah posting on some other board saying things like:

"I hate my freaking job! You should see this place. All these financial chicks with the makeup an inch thick and the eight inch heels just looking for a clueless, horny guy to leech off of! It's pathetic how none of them have any skills other than how to get hit on in bars. I'd sooner sleep with a barnyard animal (be nice to the engineering girls) than one of these scheming, greedy, plastic ho's!"

Engineering women, ego's so inflated by a disproportionately small aggregate supply vs exorbitant aggregate demand that they think they are playboy material while in reality they could not get a drink even if they paid for it.

Case in point, one of my engineering friends is married to an engineering chick. She's 5'2" tall give or take and I would say a solid 200lbs. Not my cup of tea but who am I to judge.
Friend invites me to NYC for his wife's birthday party says "Her friends are going to love you!" Me not thinking I forgot to ask if her friends were also engineering girls. Turns out they were. [:/]

So picture this, he's spent good money to get his wife and her friends a VIP service at a very nice nightclub right outside of the financial district (he is a super nice guy, almost 6ft tall, works out every other day and in this economy makes good money).

It's Friday night. So you have a bevy of heavies gyrating on the dance floor :| , causing slight tremors :o , surrounded by very healthy well dressed women who work for the financial firms and who pass the two handed ass test ;) (if her ass is any bigger than my two hands side by side she passes the test).

As expected her friends were pissed because none of the guys were talking to them and I.....well you know me, I wasn't going there. Thus the heavies did not enjoy the evening.

Look it's basic supply and demand. Every wonder why a girl who use to date a skydiver/packer/other still keeps coming back to all the DZ parties? In a sausage fest even Rosan looks sexy.

(sing with me) "If her eyebrows are not connected and she's not wearing sweat pants she's hot!". Typical engineering girls attire at work. Very loose ill fitting slacks, polo shirt one size too big or button up shirt one size too small, shoes...payless or less, make up? What make up?

Pardon me if I don't find the above at all attractive. I've had female engineers show up to major meetings wearing just that while I'm sitting there in a shirt, tie and jacket.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Engineering women, ego's so inflated by a disproportionately small aggregate supply vs exorbitant aggregate demand that they think they are playboy material while in reality they could not get a drink even if they paid for it.

I've been following this thread intermittently and needed to throw in my input, considering the flip side of this stereotype that seems to have fallen out of the wash.

Female engineers can, in fact like any normal person, have a deflated ego.

Since we're all about stereotypes, take the typical engineering male: on average shy/quiet or generally less inclined to approach a girl. Lack of opportunity or approach from the guy may discourage the engineering girls' confidence. The problem is propagated when they believe, or just plain know, that they aren't wanted, when every engineering guy is going after the super hot chicks or is dreaming of kick ass anime babes or how to level up in World of Warcraft. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of video games and anime and other things that engineers do. I watched Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Sailormoon, Escaflowne and played Call of Duty, Quake, Counterstrike etc. etc. I totally get all of it. I just don't think the issue is one of gender ratios as much as how we (men+women) can see past stereotypes/stigma associated with this class we assign ourselves to as "engineers".

People naturally classify things, that's what we do to organize and make sense of things. But I don't think there is any necessary progression to us assuming the average or the stereotypes for these classifications. Just be confident in yourself and what you like to do, while appreciating the world around you. Its not cliche to be yourself.

Pardon me if I don't find the above at all attractive. I've had female engineers show up to major meetings wearing just that while I'm sitting there in a shirt, tie and jacket.

Maybe you should consider wearing pants next time.

Might help keep the girls from pointing and laughing.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

or is dreaming of kick ass anime babes or how to level up in World of Warcraft.

I'm sorry this is just too funny because I know so many guys like that! WTF boys...there are WOMEN out there! REAL WOMEN! WOMEN WHO DON'T HAVE TAILS OR REALLY FRACKED UP LOOKING EYES! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Yeah I've see the guys walk right past a girl and go for the toy. Sad but it's true.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

or is dreaming of kick ass anime babes or how to level up in World of Warcraft.

Yeah I've seen the guys walk right past a girl beautiful woman and go for the toy make-up canvas. Sad but it's true.

Consider the above revisions to your statement.

By the way I've never played World of Warcraft or drempt of anime characters... ...but I did name my velo-90 "Kaori." I blame this indiscretion on getting a minor in CS during undergrad. :|

Aint nothing sexier than a skinny girl in a black pencil skirt and pumps....good god that's hot!
Well for me anyway.