NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

Someone asked in another thread how the bike was progressing. I'm in drive-line dough saving mode, but have been hacking on this and that. And I just purchased two brake rotors (front & rear) off a '98 Fatboy for cheap on Ebay. Not here yet, but they are supposed to be 500 mile takes offs.

I'm also getting a front and rear brake setup from Fab Kevin. He has these complete deals for a good price and they use Tokido calibers so that's kind of trick . . .

NickD :)

Went to the Long Beach Cycle Swap Meet again today. I didn't take as many photos as last time as I was busy looking through the milk crates for stuff I needed . . .

I picked up some hand controls & hand grips, a rear brake caliber hanger, a fuel filter, and some passenger pegs.

The turnout was much bigger than last time. I suppose even in California there is such a thing as Spring fever . . .

I re-did Nina's license plate frame and tail light mount today. The first one I made was way too flimsy . . .

And no, I didn't go down and register Nina at the DMV. I just made my own license plate, LOL !!!

It should get me around the neighborhood when Nina's ready for her first test ride!

Picked up a passenger pillion for 20 bucks and I'm also attacking the fender radius issues. I fabbed up some passenger peg mounts from two gate locks I picked up for three dollars. I'll tack weld them eventually to the frame so they can't spin.

I couldn't decide if I should place the passenger pegs on the top or bottom rail of the frame. But I hardly know any woman anymore who can get their knees high enough for the top rail. And the ones that can I stay away from, LOL . . .

I'm going to cut wedges into the bottom portion of the fender in two places and cut the bottom off even with the tranny plate. Then bend it to fit and weld it up. This certainly isn't going be a "one ton ho" fender but it'll be half ton ho, and that's good enough . . .

Well, I leave the pillion off for a while. Can't ride two-up until the motor is broke in anyway. I know some say pillions don't belong on bikes like this, but back in the day we all had them, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. And I'm not going for the CFL look . . .

Picked up some front and rear brake calibers to go along with the hangar brackets I got at the swap meet. This is all single puck stock Harley stuff but it's still light years ahead of the drum brakes I had on my last bike.

Started working on fixing the radius of the rear fender. So far just one cut, weld and grind. And it looks like it'll need one or two more.

And Nina has a brandy new six speed transmission !!!

I smoked a fatty and drank 21 beers and ok, maybe, and I mean just maybe, it does look better w/o the pillion . . .

I spent the morning pounding on the rear fender, trying to radius it up correctly, and it still needs another cut and weld in the upper portion.

Anyway so farry so goody . . .