NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

They are a lot of fun in the rain, anyone behind me gets a black paintjob!:D

you run the bike on diesel ?? :o

LOL, 28 years of build up soot,,,:ph34r: the bike itself is a 1942, I am the second owner! She used to be shinny, but she has paid her dues, an deserves her rattiness!

Same bikes back in 88, me and my wifes anyway, before my son was born, (the third bike, a 47 is his ride, when he turns 16)

I had some unexpected expenses to take care of so I've only done some small projects that weren't really picture worthy.

But hey, I'm still on track for the five year plan . . .

NickD :)

send the pictures anyways, we want to see Nina :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

They are a lot of fun in the rain, anyone behind me gets a black paintjob!:D

you run the bike on diesel ?? :o

LOL , The Carbon built up in the pipes liquifies...

Seriously Nick, any updates are picture worthy...even if it is new motor mount bolts!B|

>>I'll bet we never see it again. Julia took it over and painted it Pink!!:P
I just started Paramedic school and with the time and cost factors involved Nina's on the back burner for at least the next year.

But I just went out into the garage and told Nina you guys were missing her. And she blushed. BUT NOT PINK!

I needed to change out the tranny belt pulley that came with the transmission I bought as rear drive belts are for fags :P but getting the main nut off requires a special tool. (And why does this all sound so sexual?) Julia's been back home in PA for two weeks as her Mom is ill, so that must be it . . .

So I looked online and found a Sears that had a 1 and 7/8s socket in stock. It was in Glendale so I fired up the GPS and drove down there. Man, it's getting late early now, it's only 5:15 but pitch dark. This is one of those older stand alone Sears stores so I find a place to park on a side street and walk around the corner. And right into a pretty good looking hooker.

"Looking for a woman?" she asked sweetly.

"No, I'm looking for a socket, but thanks anyway."

"That's cool, but my name's Missy, and I'm always around."

The damn socket thing cost me 26 dollars, and while offering up my credit card I couldn't help thinking Missy would have been cheaper and a lot more fun.

Back home I cut the socket in half with my chop saw because the transmission shaft it too long for it to fit any conventional tool. Then I added a piece of steel pipe and welded it all back together. And that went alright. The main tranny nut is a left hand thread so it's backwards and comes off clockwise, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't budge it.

I made a block so the pulley wouldn't move when I was pounding on it. And I've got a good impact wrench but a wimpy air compressor so that didn't work. I then tried beating it off with a hammer and a hand impact but that didn't work either. I then cut up a piece of steel pipe for a long breaker bar but still that didn't work.

So I gave up for tonight and instead had a few beers. And just so the night isn't a total loss I'm gonna head back down to Glendale and see if I can find Missy . . .

I needed to change... the tranny ...came with the .. main nut ... requires a special tool. (And why does this all sound so sexual?)

welll... you all wrote it down....:D

And after talking about a hooker, he expects us to open an attachment named " Tranny_Wench.jpg"?:S
I'm not falling for that.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Finally got it off . . .

A bigger impact wrench would have saved me some time but I just kept hitting on it with the smaller one I had. Then spent a good amount of time cleaning the red locktite out of the pulley nut threads, that was a bitch.

Boy, it takes a lot of faith you're turning the nut the right way after the first hour or so . . .

Thanks for the advise and offers of help!

Boy, it takes a lot of faith you're turning the nut the right way after the first hour or so . . .

When I was a kid, I had an old Barracuda.
One morning I came out to find a flat tire.
After snapping off the second lug bolt, a light bulb appeared over my head:
"Do I recall someone saying Chrysler once used lefthand lug bolts on one side?":S
Fortunately, three bolts were just enough to hold the wheel on while I drove to the auto parts store for two new bolts.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yer goin Fancy...Mien are all the way down on the pump! Teh oldies liek mine push so little presure, they would scare the hell out of an Evo rider!:D

Think yer gonna be up in time for Sturgis 2010?

I have a group going to meet up there and rent a house,in the deadwoon mountains, you could stop by for some Bar B que!B|