NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

Got most of the paint stripped off. The rear fender and tanks had 3 different layers! the last layer does not want to come off!
It goes to paint next week, can't wait for a fresh good looking paint job.
pics coming soon.
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Got most of the paint stripped off. The rear fender and tanks had 3 different layers! the last layer does not want to come off!
It goes to paint next week, can't wait for a fresh good looking paint job.
pics coming soon.

Get a sand blaster on it,
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My good friend Larry Walsh, who admins the Air Trash website, hosts a weekly BlogTV show that spurned me to try it out with Nina's build.

Here are the first five installments and I'm just getting the feel of it. I'm certainly no Jesse James, or even OCC Teutul worthy, and that's saying something.

So go easy on me . . .

http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/1260225/Ze7EZ27GbWFEZmNEbeR&pos=ancr

http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/1260225/date/Ze7EZ27GbWFEZmNEbuZ

http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/1260225/date/Ze7EZ27GbWFEZmNEY2X

http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/1260225/date/Ze7EZ27GbWFEZmNEYe3

http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/1260225/date/Ze7EZ27GbWFEZmNwZ2_

Hey, and if nothing else, this might plant the seed for the Skymama Hour . . .

NickD :)

Nothing will play for me![:/] Larry's one of the best aint he?

I wanted to buy a media blaster, but the $ is tight right now. (several other projects I could use it on)
Also didn't think it would be this hard! The front fend too 1 application and it was done.
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I wanted to buy a media blaster, but the $ is tight right now. (several other projects I could use it on)
Also didn't think it would be this hard! The front fend too 1 application and it was done.

Dude the Mantra "for a good paint job it's all in the preparation".. is a GOLDEN RULE, dont go throwing good money on shitty prep. it WILL be noticed. Take it to a blaster cost very little and take little time, and the End result will be well worth it.

If you have a compressor, a media blast gun and media should only set you back, 30-50$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Seriously, Nobody else having trouble seeing the videos? Is it something I need to upload?

Only viewable by REAL Bikers;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I took the vids down, that's why you can't see them. I felt I said some things better kept under wraps . . . you know, the big trouble with the internet is - it's the only place where honesty can burn you.

Anyway, I started taking Nina apart for paint today but I'm sitting here now on pins and needles. At the Easy Rider Show a couple weeks ago while I was having my photo-op with the Girlies I noticed my Julia in deep conversation over at the Glendale Harley Dealer booth. "Hey," I thought to myself, "Maybe she's buying me a Crossbones," or worse, "buying a Sportster for herself!"

So I rush over and find she's signing up for their MSF rider course.

She's rode with me in the past but never expressed an interest in riding herself. So today is "ride day" while last night was her orientation class, along with a tour of the Stealership. She came home a bit disappointed last night saying it was a bit of a soft sell, the leathers and all that Harley boutique stuff, and in class they didn't cover what she was most interested in. Like, what's a clutch?

Julia's a brilliant engineer, who knows a lot about going to Mars but little about motorcycles. She did say it was good her instructors weren't teaching skydiving! She said it would have been like learning emergency procedures while being talked into buying a PD 170 . . .

So it's about 4:15 PM now and she's been gone all day so that's a good sign. I can't wait to hear how she did!

Hey Gypsy, I'd have rather spent the 400 bucks hooking Julia up with your woman, but I guess it's better she drops the dealer's Buell Blasts rather than something nice . . .

Nice one Nick, my wife learned to ride at about 40yo, she loves it and i can only get her on the back of mine now when she has to pick up hers from the shop.:)
BTW I'll be over in December, reckon you'll have Nina sorted by then?

My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Julia came home last night from her riding class and apparently it didn't go too well . . .

She's having problems starting and stopping and said she dropped the bike three or four times. But she didn't want to go into it and I didn't press her. I did however notice the black and blues on her legs.

Anyway, to her credit she went back this morning to give it another go. I wanted to tell her technique and practice will fix everything, but she's too frustrated right now for that kind of advice. Kind of like a skydiving student with a spin problem.

But whatever happens today I'll be very proud of her.

And then tomorrow I'm going down there to kick some "instructor" ass . . . ;)

That is gonna be purty!

Dayum shame it sounds like Julie is gettin screwed in her course, I have a couple buddies that run the courses, (none in california) They would be pissed to hear how this one sounds!

How da hell do you keep a Garage so clean? Mine on it's best day was a mess compared to that, And I thought it was clean..this shot was taken during the second rebuld of my knuckle, (first time I ran it as a rat) ....which, now it is again...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Bikes/oldshots005.jpg

Guesss the bell bottoms and me being so skinny tells ya that was a few years ago!:D

Now it looks like a Bomb went off in it, and left a pile of Harley's!:D:$

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Gifs/002.jpg

Damn, Gypsy! Now that a righteous man cave . . .

LOL, thanks...

And that is just the back row!:o there is an Indian, two sportsters, a 47 trojan , a 75 DT 250 yamaha, (with only 1700 original miles on it) and my wifes old honda chopper..then a HUGE mountain of parts!

Everybody sitting down?

Julia just came home from her second day of riding class, and guess what? She not only passed the course, she received the second highest score out of nine people!

Yeah, that's what I said too!

After dropping the bike all day yesterday she said two hours into this afternoon's practice it all just clicked into place.

The entire class then took their ride test which is set up similar to the test the DMV gives. You start with a zero score and get points added for mistakes. Gather twenty points and you fail, which is what happened to three people in the class. One guy got a perfect zero, Julia got a five, and the rest that passed where between ten and fifteen points.

Julia said her Instructor mentioned she had the best cornering form in the class. Everyone else was being too tentative about leaning into the turns. But she just told she did well on that because she went down so many times yesterday she knew exactly where the "edge" was, LOL!

I'm dumbstruck and very proud of her . . .

But she just told she did well on that because she went down so many times yesterday she knew exactly where the "edge" was

As one of my army NBC instructors used to say : Learning by doing, not learning by masturbation....

Congrats Julia

Nick, your bike is now definitely going to get painted pink :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM