NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

13 can be a bitch to park....Wheel sticks out in the street!:D

I built a few loooong bikes, and have plans to build one more, (probably my Indian) using my 36 over Harley springer that I bought back in tne 70's!

But will probably streech more than rake, drag bars abotu a foot over my head!:ph34r:

Paint Day . . .

Finally got a 75 degree day in the garage here in California. I started at 6:AM this morning and shot the last coat at 5:PM. Between the final prep and deciding to quit stalling and go for it (because like welding paint is forever) I finally got Nina's frame painted.

She looks sexy . . .

I was going to shoot the fatbob tanks too but I noticed a last second ripple (damn swap meet tanks) so I laid on another layer of Bondo. Tomorrow I'll chisel it off. It's easy enough, you just sand off everything that doesn't look like a fatbob.

I'll sleep good tonight . . .

NickD :)

It's Hot Rod Flatz. So no, no gloss.

I hate gloss . . .

As Nina is obviously a girl, you should add some glitter :)
Like a woman, she looks beautiful, even when she is in pieces :D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It's Hot Rod Flatz. So no, no gloss.

I hate gloss . . .

As Nina is obviously a girl, you should add some glitter :)
Like a woman, she looks beautiful, even when she is in pieces :D:D

But like with any REAL woman, it's what's IN in it not ON it that makes her beautiful! ;)

Lookin great Nick! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Man, I hate painting . . .

It's not so much the amount of preparation, sanding, contouring and feeling up to make sure there's no ridges, potholes or divots, it's just so Navy. When I was in the Marine Corps it seemed like every Swab I ran into spent most of his time sanding and laying on paint. I'll be glad when this part of Nina's build is over.

The only thing left to be painted is her lower legs and rear fender!

Man, I hate painting . . .

It's not so much the amount of preparation, sanding, contouring and feeling up to make sure there's no ridges, potholes or divots, it's just so Navy. When I was in the Marine Corps it seemed like every Swab I ran into spent most of his time sanding and laying on paint. I'll be glad when this part of Nina's build is over.

The only thing left to be painted is her lower legs and rear fender!

Painting don;'t bother me much, it is all the prep to do it rigth that drives me up th ewall!

Especially back in teh 70's wehn we bond-oed every sim and weld.,..Prepe would take a week or more, paint, one night, (depending on how fancy it got, some took 2 weeks) Laquor has to cure before you piant over it, unlike the newer paints!

Oh yeah, and clean up afterwords....gets old!

I'm getting ready to paint my bike, just bought the guns water trap etc..
The prep will be a pain but i'm ok with that, it's the cleaning that worries me I'm planning on using 2 pack metal flake paint, and i am certain that i'll have troubles with the clean up.:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The prep will be a pain but i'm ok with that, it's the cleaning that worries me I'm planning on using 2 pack metal flake paint, and i am certain that i'll have troubles with the clean up.:(

Build the Mexican shed Like Nick did, using old sheets or plastic, including cover the floor, then you only real problem is cleaning the tools!

PVC or 2x2's work find for building a temporary booth, (don't forget either an exhaust fan, or vent)

I used Dryer exhaust hose on my last paint boothand a littel fan, worked fine, and I just threw the fan away when I was finished!

Build the Mexican shed Like Nick did, using old sheets or plastic, including cover the floor, then you only real problem is cleaning the tools!

PVC or 2x2's work find for building a temporary booth, (don't forget either an exhaust fan, or vent)

I used Dryer exhaust hose on my last paint boothand a littel fan, worked fine, and I just threw the fan away when I was finished!

It's the tools i am worried about, the shed could use a little colour:D:D I'm getting some heavey duty PVC to make a booth and i already have an exaust fan from where i used to have my photographic darkroom:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?