NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

wasn't talking about the bars, but the "back rest" or whatever you might call it. Would it qualify as an A ?

LOL, thats the Bitch bar, that was 7'2" tall...I still have it, (made out of stainless) but have cut it down and made two bitchbars out of it! Kind-a wish now I had left it alone, for old times sake!

The tail I cut off a road kill Coon! :D

:S What is an "electronic throttle" on a motorcycle and what does it do for you?

easier to turn, and easier to have fuck up on you! The idea is, there is no cable to wear out, In my opinion, they are fixing things that are not broken!

Plus with all electronics, there are fewer and fewer modifcations owners can do to their rides!

JMO

:S What is an "electronic throttle" on a motorcycle and what does it do for you?

easier to turn, and easier to have fuck up on you! The idea is, there is no cable to wear out, In my opinion, they are fixing things that are not broken!

Plus with all electronics, there are fewer and fewer modifications owners can do to their rides!

JMO

Yeah, I guess that's what I figured, but I couldn't figure out why do that on a bike where the ol' throttle cable set-up seems to work well enough.

Is it things like "electronic throttles" appeal to the wanna-be biker crowd that don't really know thing one about how to work on their own bike?

Is it things like "electronic throttles" appeal to the wanna-be biker crowd that don't really know thing one about how to work on their own bike?

Exactly, dont' know how, and don't want to find out how!

I've never had a bike yet that I didn;t have to extend the throttle cable at least a foot! Be a pain with electronic, (do-able though) After all, I have streached all the other electrics before, but your average person couldn't even start to figure it out!

Aren't those bars a bitch ? Your arms gotta get tired fast, no ?

Not much higher than any steering wheel, my arms are RESTING up there, not being held there! I rode that bike from coast to coast more thna once, It was a blast to ride, Plus when I threw on a sleeping bag and pack behind me, I'd pull the bars back slightly, and damn near could fall asleep while riding!

Only reason my bars are as low as they are now, Is California Law...(when I rode that honda chopper, I mostly lived in Mo., they had no hieght restrictions)

but here I am 30 plus years later, Still running Apehangers, so, They must be Confortable! And easy to control , after all, I am usually riding with one hand, (suicide shift)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/waterfall118.jpg

I got sidetracked this week as I'm trying to get an EMT job closer to my house. The drive to Santa Monica is epic and as good as that job is I'm done with just getting there . . .

I've got an interview on Wednesday with an ambulance company in Glendale (a lot closer) so today I put Nina's motor back in. I also replaced the tube in the front tire that I pinched the first time :S. And I balanced the wheel too so that's ready to go on. Only issue now is I have to watch every move I make so as not to chip or ding the new paint. Oh well, only the first gouge hurts, the rest just adds character ;).

Nina is pretty much spread all over the garage, but I only need a few more parts, and I'm getting excited . . .

P.S. LisaH, not blowing you off, check your PMs.

NickD :)