Nataly

Do you regret??

Hmm... Just told my brother's wife I would not be going to Canada for the holidays as I can't afford it... She responded by asking if I regretted spending so much money travelling and moving to the south of France!!! Um... Lemme see... NO!! I do not regret quitting the rat race... I do not regret selling all my useless crap to go travelling... I do not regret moving to a place where the sun almost always shines and where my neighbours greet me with a smile, and where the baker saves my favourite bread for me every day... I do not regret finding a company that, although can only employ me part time, is full of great people, and offers me work that is both interesting and fulfilling.... Some people...! Like money is the most important thing in life!! Sheesh!!

What about you guys? Ever make big life changes? Looking back, do you regret it?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I recently made a big life change. It hasn't put me exactly where I want but its allowed me to meet a lot of great new people and experience a different way of life. I don't see myself staying in my current situation for very long, but while I'm here I'm going to make the best of it. No regrets.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Regret for your own choices is for LOSERS
I regret noting, it's pointless, not all my choices have proven to be prudent but i dont regret a thing
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Even the mega rich have difficult and life-changing decisions to make... Like what colour of varnish to put on the deck for the new yacht!!

Or what shade of leather the seats should be in the private jet!!

:D:D:P

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Even the mega rich have difficult and life-changing decisions to make... Like what colour of varnish to put on the deck for the new yacht!!

Or what shade of leather the seats should be in the private jet!!

:D:D:P

That never turns out well for people who attempt it.

If I knew then what I know noe I probably would have made different choises. Regret about the past is like worry about the future. It doesn't do any good. Use the experience and go for what you think you want. Like the adage: Good judgement comes from experince, Experience comes from bad judgement.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Nat, I thought you were in Ghana?

Departure date was meant to be 28 October but has been postponed indefinitely... Turns out they weren't going to cover ANY of my costs, not even a small living allowance to pay for room and board whilst over there... Couldn't afford to go bankrupt for a volunteer mission... I was sad to back out but thought it was better to cut my losses (which were already high) before I got further into financial difficulty.

Shame, but they were the assholes who promised to cover costs and then changed their mind after I had already paid for a bunch of stuff (criminal record check, medical check-up and anti-malaria medicine, flights and hotels for training in Canada et cetera et cetera)... Live and learn... Get them to pay directly instead of counting on getting a refund...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

No regrets! Straight to a corporate job in NYC after college. Made excellent money but bored out of my mind. Two years later resigned to go work in non-profit arts earning aprox. $30,000 less as someone's assistant to learn the ropes in fundraising/event planning.

Loved it, excelled, 4 years later working as events manager for major non-profit but ready for a change again.

Decided to sneak away for a year to do an AmeriCorps program in Florida, with plans to head back to NYC when done. Moved into a camper on the beach in the state park I worked for, decided I liked it and stayed on for a second year.

I enjoyed the hell out of small town life and found out that I could get paid full time for working in wildland fire, both fighting and traveling around the country doing prescribed burning. Bailed on going back to NYC and followed a fire job to Texas.

Loved the fire work, but 40 miles was too far from the water for me. Picked up a job as an EMT making the least money I've ever made professionally but now live on the coast with a rented house on the water, own a boat and truly do work to live rather than live to work as I did for so many years.

I'm broke and it kills me to not have the money to travel to the southeast as often as I'd like to visit my family, but I have never been happier.

Only the love life really suffers where I live now. Plenty of opportunity to date, but a pretty bleak outlook on the long term. For now though, I work, and I fish, and then I fish, fish again and then go back to work.

Works for me!
Killing threads since 2004.

I try very hard not to have regrets, and while I have had temporary bouts with regret, I've never had anything that I felt was a bad call long-term.

I recently made a huge personal decision and the truth of the matter is it may not work out. But if it doesn't, I will know I made what I thought was the best decision at the time and took my best shot, and won't regret my decision.

Elvisio "well, maybe I DO regret all the tequila I drank on a couple nights" Rodriguez

I love my life and wouldn't trade where I am now for anything.
However I do have many regrets, mostly about missed opportunities. When you get a once in a lifetime opportunity you have to take it!
The problem with that is sometimes you need to be properly prepared for that opportunity.

Moral of the story... always make sure you have lots of condoms with you.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I regret not taking one job right out of college that looking back would have gotten me into the field I wanted to, but I was young and naive.

Live and Learn.

As long as I can skydive I'll live. ;)

The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

I recently made a huge personal decision and the truth of the matter is it may not work out. But if it doesn't, I will know I made what I thought was the best decision at the time and took my best shot, and won't regret my decision.

I have done that a bunch of times - not always with great results... But at least I tried.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

People will rarely admit to regrets in public since it's an admission of a mistake in judgement.

Find somebody who has lived a long enough life, loosen them up over a few drinks and if they trust you enough to tell you, you'll usually find out they do have a regret or two.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

People will rarely admit to regrets in public since it's an admission of a mistake in judgement.

Meh... We all make mistakes and occasionally exercise poor judgement... Not sure why some people don't accept this is a normal part of life.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss