CMortimer

D-bags at the gym....

so I dont want to come across as bitching but this really gets on my nerves.

I promote good health and exercise, I have my whole life, as a kid I worked out to perform well in sports, as an adult I worked out to perform well in the military, now I work out to stay fit so I can enjoy my hobbies.

I recently had to purchase home gym equipment because the gym was about to make me go absolutely postal. I'm not sure how your gyms are but I was in the locker room and opened a shower curtain to find a guy shooting up steroids in his ass, I didnt say anything as it was none of my business what that guy was putting in his body, about a week later I was on the treadmill and I overheard him talking about how he is getting jacked and the ladies are going to flock to him in the summer because he is so "hard", when I heard that I was floored that someone would dope their body up to get laid and then think they are "hard" for doing so, honestly thats on par to smoking crack to get with a hooker as far as im concerned. I shortly after canceled my gym membership and went on my way.

So I started working out with some friends, and Wednesday I brought up why I left the gym and it turns out one of my friends knows who I was talking about and knows his group of friends as well and that there is an epidemic of steroid use going on in my area and its all for the same reason, to look jacked at the club. And they are getting into roid fits all over the place. (I dont go looking for fights, but I would actually love for one of them to try that shit with me)

So its not my place to say anything to these people, but I think it needs to be addressed, If I go to them about it, it will end badly, I can ensure that, im not the calmest of people when im pissed about something. Im not sure if I should talk to the gym, the police, or what, Im not trying to get the gym in any trouble I have no clue if they are aware its even going on in the facility, and like I said I encourage people to be in good shape, gyms are needed for that and i dont want people to stop going because of a select group of ass holes, I just dont want some juiced up ass holes running a muck of the night life in my area. I honestly thought about calling up some of my military buds to go show them what hard really is but I soon cleared my judgment and realized thats not what it is and thats not why we were trained, (also this isnt the movie the substitute, this is real life lol)

so would anyone here know how to go about dealing with a bunch of "jersey shore wanabes". something is going to be done about it, the one thing i was trained to do is stand up for whats right, im just trying to get some ideas on whats the right thing to do.
get that monkey off your back, live free,
If you got a cup put it in the AIR,
if you got a blunt you better puff it and SHARE....

Are you concerned about the illegal activity at the gym? Then report it to the police (though you might want to start with the gym management to give them a chance to respond first). Are you concerned about the atmosphere it's creating at the gym? Then talk to the gym management about why you think it creates a negative atmosphere at the gym, especially if it's something you would cancel your membership over - that's important information for them to have. They may choose to ignore it, but at least they know why they lost one member.

IMHO, anything beyond that is making their problem your problem. Why bother?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Your post almost smacks of 'roid rage'! ;)

I played ball in college and there was a contingent using roids...THAT group was trying to enhance performance.

Though it WAS a Big 10 school...wasn't any of us gonna be getting NFL offers, barring one receiver that went 1st round.
HE was playing a whole different game and it was obvious no amount of injecting would bring anyone else to THAT level.

That being said, then as now...if they're adults and making a conscious decision to screw-up their bodies & minds...let 'em have at it.

It's called natural selection.

Yeah they're burning the candle at both ends, it does burn twice as bright but for only 1/2 a long...No doubt they know this and if they are dumb enough to make a choice like THAT, no amount of whining on your part will change the attitude.

Move along and don't look back...it's not your fight.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

my issue isnt whats going on at the gym, they seem to into waht they are doign there to cause any issues, I never saw any of them get out of line there, I havnt seen them get out of line at all, its more hear say, its them getting out of line out in public thats got me all stirred up, they are causing issues at bars and clubs with a lot of people is what I have been informed of and I dont take bullies lightly, I understand life is full of ass holes, but to know some people are using illegal drugs to enhance them selves then are lashing out on people at bars for nothing other than their hot temper caused by injecting posion into them, THATS NOT TOLLARABLE, but how do I go to the police and say I saw someone shoot up a month ago and all his friends are doing it to and bullying people. Im assuming nothing will be done im giving them nothing but hear say for the most part.

but to know some people are using illegal drugs to enhance them selves then are lashing out on people at bars for nothing other than their hot temper caused by injecting poison into them, THATS NOT TOLLARABLE,

Well...then go after the Meth heads too, just as volatile, every bit as irrational, more paranoid and 10x's as addictive...and a much larger part of D-bag society using.

Pick your battles...:)

You did the right thing. Walk away and avoid the dumb-asses. When they are in rehab for their addictions, or drooling brain deads due to stroke, or trying to stay alive due to liver failure, you will be living a healthy life long after they are gone. Something as trivial and transient as looking buffed for some Ho's in a club will mellow as you enjoy your long life. Something that is scraped off a bar stool in a club is exactly that; Something you scraped off a barstool.
Besides, being buffed doesn't mean do-do at the DZ when it comes to sky jumpin'.B|

BTW: initially, I thought deployment bags too.:D

The gym management should know if it's driving business away. I'd have no issue telling them. It personally drove you away from the gym.

If you hear about violent attacks in the neighborhood, then that's the time to notify to cops as a potential cause/source. But if no crimes are committed, then is it any of your business? So I'd have no issue be reactive about this, but it's a bit more difficult to advocate a proactive notification until something actually happens (this is likely a very hot discussion point for some - to each their own)

You seem to be considering a lot of violent responses just because of something you saw someone do to themselves. you got a little rage yourself you need to deal with?

Frankly, if it's such a big deal to you:

stay a member
inform the club
keep you eyes on the users and, the second you see them turning violent, then tell the cops, and step away

taking any of this into your own hands or the hands of your military buddies - is frankly a more asshole position than anything I've read so far on this thread, though

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

why bother you say....
its not my fight you say.....
walk away you say....

Thats not my way, I have always stood up for whats right, I always will.

Great people dont turn their backs to fucked up situations they fix them, Im looking for a way to get rid of the problem.

The worst part about stupidity is it knows how to multiply rapidly, and if no one stands up im going to walk into my favorite bar one day and see 20 jackasses causing issues over waht seems to be nothing, and as much as id love to throw a live one in the middle and walk away you cant just go blow people up these days, so how about so ways to fix it and not ways to turn a cheek.

its not the roids that piss me off its the anger and disturbance that comes with it. Yes it disgusts me they do it but like everyone said its their body their choice, well its not my choice or anyone elses to go out at night to have some raged dip shit start shit.

Just fwiw, there is a large steroid culture at thousands of gyms all over the country. Even my little community gym has several users. Just stay away from them.

I would tell the management the reason you left. I wouldn't expect it to do any good. Any gym that starts seriously addressing steroid use among patrons isn't going to be in business very long.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

And here I was wondering what deployment bags had to do with a gym...

me too. Thought it might be used to carry your gym clothes?:D

I just hate it when my d-bag & pc land on top of the HS gym after a mal.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

why bother you say....
walk away you say....

Great people dont turn their backs to fucked up situations they fix them, Im looking for a way to get rid of the problem.

The worst part about stupidity is it knows how to multiply rapidly, and if no one stands up im going to walk into my favorite bar one day and see 20 jackasses causing issues over waht seems to be nothing, and as much as id love to throw a live one in the middle and walk away you cant just go blow people up these days, so how about so ways to fix it and not ways to turn a cheek.

its not the roids that piss me off its the anger and disturbance that comes with it. Yes it disgusts me they do it but like everyone said its their body their choice, well its not my choice or anyone elses to go out at night to have some raged dip shit start shit.

Don't let dumbasses have power over your emotions. If you get pissed, then you are pissed. No one else feels it. Only you. If you should act out on your emotions, then you run the risk of jail, lawsuits, so forth, not to mention the associated financial affect. It simply ain't worth the price you may have to pay. Save your $$$ for plane rides. Forget the dumbasses.;)

That's not my way, I have always stood up for whats right, I always will.

Great people don't turn their backs to fucked up situations they fix them, I'm looking for a way to get rid of the problem.

That's a stellar mission there Captain America...in a 'Truth, Justice & The American Way' kinda way.

But seriously, if you feel that strongly about it, start a crusade in your community to raise awareness, set-up a hot-line for people to call in and report abuse, or get help with their abusing.

Produce, practice & perform a 'just say no to droids' speech and give it at local schools, gyms and community events...write an editorial stating your concerns for publication in the local fish wrap.

IF the problem is as serious and as much of a threat to the over-all tranquility regarding life in Gross Point...

~you will have little trouble rallying the troops and stomping out the 'Jersey/Gross Point Shore' plague that's infecting the community.

I fear however if your 'fix' is to rally your buddies and go cruising for bullies...
~the over-all long term effect will be less than negligible, and you'll just find yourself sucking a lotta dinners through a straw. ;)

Carry On, ...go get 'em Tiger, BEHIND ya All the way ! B|

None of your business until they screw with YOU at the bar. THEN you lay the smack-down.

Many people that fight learn some important lessons the hard way:
- be careful what you ask for
- you may not like what comes back at ya'
- laying in a hospital saying, "You should see the other guy!" is not a good thing.
- don't take a knife to a gun fight
- and others....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've got two words to say to people dumb enough to use anabolic steroids:

GENITAL ATROPHY
:o

He's gonna look 'jacked' at the club and get the women. Too bad his junk isn't going to let him do anything with them.

He'll have one muscle that won't be hard.

THAT's exactly what always struck me funny about the guys I knew who were 'using'...:)

Lookin' good at the club, horny as a cheerleader on X, but when the game is on the line~:$

...their junk won't spunk! B|

IT'S no WONDER there is RAGE! :ph34r:

so would anyone here know how to go about dealing with a bunch of "jersey shore wanabes". something is going to be done about it, the one thing i was trained to do is stand up for whats right, im just trying to get some ideas on whats the right thing to do.

The way I combat the juice up idiots is by having children (since they've killed their junk).

Well, that and I put another plate on the bar and keep reping at sets of deadlifts and squats (which those dipshit juices refuse to do).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So, I am guilty of only reading a few posts in this thread. I stopped when I reached one of your reposts.

1st you say you saw a guy shooting riods. a week later you heard him bragging then you quit the gym.

How does that support your statement below?

why bother you say....
walk away you say....

Sounds to me like you KNWO what is right but are contemplating doing it.
I dont know how long you were in the military but you know you should handle things on the lowest level. If you think a personal approach will not end well, then go to the gym.

You quit the gym becasue there was a bad element there.
Sounds VERY much to me like the people who turn a blind eye to one crack head and then bitch about the dozens who show up and take the place over.

Get your ass back to the gym and do whats right.
Let the Dbags buy the home gym. If they can afford the roids they can afford the equipment.
My photos

My Videos