jf951

Whats your "Real" Job?

Electronics/Microwave Engineer and just started doing a part time Masters Electrical Engineering cause I'm bored at work:)
My current project is designing part of this :)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/blimps-to-bolster-washingtons-air-shield-in-test/2013/02/11/e9125538-6fd2-11e2-aa58-243de81040ba_story.html

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I know a lot of us on here are carrer skydivers, but for those of you who aren't, and even for those of you who are, whats is or was your real job? did you go to school, join a fraternity or sorority, whats your degree in? whats your trade/ skill set?

Im a senior at UC Davis studying computer science engineering (programming nerd) and im a Sigma Chi.
I jump nearly year round and during the summer I work as a TI at my local DZ.

Pilot. Fly for the owners of an MLB team and a Fortune 200 company. I guess there are worse jobs.

My dad's cousin is a professor at UC Davis (I think).

Lieutenant Colonel - Chief of Current Intelligence, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe

BS (CJ / Psych)
MS (Business Mgt)
MS (Intl Rel)
JD (Law)

I avoid trade related skills. It would only end up in more work. But my fun skills:
SCUBA, Hang gliding, sportbikes, Japanese Swordsmanship, TKD, HKD, BJJ, archery, small arms marksmanship, rock climbing, kayaking, mountain biking...whenever I try to remember all of my hobbies, I have to mentally walk through all the gear in my garage. :D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Keeping a low profile may ensure you inhale and exhale for a long time.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Degree in Biology, with majors in Marine Science and Environmental management
Post Grad quals in Education

Working as a high school teacher, with "At Risk" kids

Your kidding !!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Full time entertainer on DZ.com.

with a major in teaching folk how to be loved and popular on internet forums!!

Moonlight as promotions Officer for skyhook for Bill Booth.
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Degree in Biology, with majors in Marine Science and Environmental management
Post Grad quals in Education

Working as a high school teacher, with "At Risk" kids

Your kidding !!

Given that you have next to ZERO information on me why would you assume Im kidding. (BTW it's YOU'RE, not your)
Is it because I don't wish to tolerate your continued annoying presence on Forums and have no desire to meet you in person in any capacity?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You bite easily squeak! No i do not know you and I could not be any less interested in meeting you.

Actually some school teachers are a big factor in why the youth of today are so out of control.. no respect.

Alot of teachers are left wing nutters. Alot are teachers cause they cannot do anything else. yep plenty of good ones too !!

Degree/Qualifications:

- Fully Qualified AVN Tech (civil equivalent = A&P)
- BA (Joint honours English/History)
- ACMA (Chartered Accountant)

Jobs:

- AVT Tech ("Aircraft Mechanic") - 7 years in Canadian military
- *Lots* of little jobs for about a year (and a few before and/or on the side)
- Financial Controller / Financial Consultant (or various "finance-type" jobs) since 2006

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a living, although this current job is pretty great, all things considered. :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Income: marine scientist Galapagos Islands, wildlife biologist, fish farm manager, boat rigging and repair, middle managment at a shipyard, chemist, small business consultant, business manager, house remodeling

primary, most current, job is as an energy consultant
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

It's sort of an inside joke -- I was actually a programmer on the space shuttle, working on the onboard on-orbit software. But it's close enough for government work :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Technical degree in electronics.
I like to program hardware (micro CPUs)
Real job: business needs type work, for engineering data and engineering software at a large manufacturing company (35+ years same company, but not same job)
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

What's a real job and why would I want one when I can have this life instead?

I'll have what she's having, please?

Network engineer and project manager for a day job

Rigger, software engineer, computer-fixer-guy, skydive instructor and all that other fun stuff.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I aspire to be a skydiving bum. Although I did try that for about a year and had to go back to real life once I ran out of money.

In real life I'm a Developmental Cognitive Neuroscientist. What the heck is that, you ask? I do research in brain development. I also teach research methods to undergrads.

Degrees:
BS (public administration)
BS (biology and psychology)
MSEd (learning & developmental sciences)
PhD (cognitive neuroscience & developmental psych).

Im a senior at UC Davis studying computer science engineering (programming nerd) and im a Sigma Chi.

You picked a good field. I have a BS in Computer Science (1980) and have been an applications developer/executive for a while. The money is good and people think you are smart. I get to take long lunch hours and skydive almost every weekday during lunch.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

In real life I'm a Developmental Cognitive Neuroscientist. What the heck is that, you ask? I do research in brain development. I also teach research methods to undergrads.
reply]

:S I still don't know what you do. :|

:D:D:D