Squeak

CUBA

what's the best (cheapest) way to get into Cuba, i know I cant get there from the USofA, so what country would be the best to leave from? Doesnt have to be a flight, a Ferry (if there is one) would be fine
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

what's the best (cheapest) way to get into Cuba, i know I cant get there from the USofA, so what country would be the best to leave from? Doesnt have to be a flight, a Ferry (if there is one) would be fine

Do you happen to know anyone who can convert a '55 Chevy into a raft?

That's on the low end of cost.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You could become an enemy combatant of the US.

Yep: that will get you an all expenses paid, open ended travel voucher to Gitmo.

Good news: the meals are all-inclusive.

Bad news: the activities directors are real hardasses.

Elvisio "spend your miles on an upgrade" Rodriguez

nosrep taob :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

These guys know:
http://www.floatingcubans.com/

Hmmm...so if we send Squeak to Cuba, does that makes us even for the Mariel boatlift?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Now that you've waded (sic) past the wealth of helpful advice offered already...

Air Canada and Air Transat are two carriers I'm familiar with that offer direct-flights to Cuba from both Montreal and Toronto. They are often carrying about 30% US citizens traveling on US passports who commute north first so they can enjoy the inexpensive weather in Cuba.

I have many Canadian & Euro friends who go annually, and there is a DZ operation in Varadero that is popular. They host at least one larger Boogie annually as well.

Their on-line presence is very minimal, but here you go...
http://cubairsports.itgo.com/varaderoskydiving/index.htm

NB: you may bring back the usual quantities of items purchased duty-free. If you cross back from Canada into the USA, your Cuban cigars and rum will be confiscated.

(There are some island-hoppers out of MX as well I believe that go to Cuba)

I hope this helps.

John

NB: you may bring back the usual quantities of items purchased duty-free. If you cross back from Canada into the USA, your Cuban cigars and rum will be confiscated.

Not always.;)

Getting there from any mexican location isn't very difficult either (cancun is a popular jump-off spot).

as said above, easiest for you would be Mexico or Canada. If you travel via Europe, many flights from major cities too.
places with direct regular flights to Havana
AMS Amsterdam
BCN Barcelona
BOG Bogota
CUN Cancun
FRA Frankfurt
GCM Grand Cayman
LAD Luanda (angola)
LIM Lima
LON London
MAD Madrid
MEX Mexico
MIL Milano
MOW Moscow
NAS Nassau
PAR Paris
PTY Panama City
ROM Rome
SAL San Salvador
SJO San Jose (Costa Rica)
YTO Toronto

There are other airports to fly into, plus there are also all the charter flights
Hope that helps
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Not always.;)

Getting there from any mexican location isn't very difficult either (cancun is a popular jump-off spot).

My wife and I went to the Bahamas, and she decided to get a Cuban cigar for her brother, one of the very high end brands, don't remember the name. We wrapped it, put it in a ziplock bag, put that in another bag and rolled that in a piece of clothing and tucked that in our suitcase. Going through customs, they asked if we had anything to declare, we said yeah, this Bahamian rum bottle. Okay, good to go. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My wife and I went to the Bahamas, and she decided to get a Cuban cigar for her brother, one of the very high end brands, don't remember the name. We wrapped it, put it in a ziplock bag, put that in another bag and rolled that in a piece of clothing and tucked that in our suitcase. Going through customs, they asked if we had anything to declare, we said yeah, this Bahamian rum bottle. Okay, good to go. ;)

Yeah, I went from Toronto to Atlanta for a Farm visit several years back and picked up some Cubans to bring with me for the locals. You clear US Customs before you even leave Toronto - had 'em in my carry-on, no hassles whatsoever. Of course, that goes for just about anything - most times you'll get waved on through, but you're always taking a risk if you're bringing prohibited items or more than what you're allowed to bring in duty-free.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

... but you're always taking a risk if you're bringing prohibited items or more than what you're allowed to bring in duty-free.

This is the most important part. Last I checked (though it's been several years since I checked), you are allowed to bring in up to 25 Cuban cigars for personal use.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

... but you're always taking a risk if you're bringing prohibited items or more than what you're allowed to bring in duty-free.

This is the most important part. Last I checked (though it's been several years since I checked), you are allowed to bring in up to 25 Cuban cigars for personal use.
not remotely going to be an issue for me,
Ill be hitting Cuba AFTER the USofA, then heading to South America for a few months B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You can fly to Toronto and then straight into Havana. I, on the other hand got there (both times) via C-130.

Guantanamo?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can fly to Toronto and then straight into Havana. I, on the other hand got there (both times) via C-130.

Guantanamo?

Bay of pigs?

{takes cover}

That was just a return trip....

San Juan Hill??

First he had to help secure the USS Maine's recovery effort...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."