kelel01

If you had a naked, off landing, would you . . . ?

What I did was gather up the piglet 21' round reserve and look for the 2 smoke brackettes and smoke, along with the cutaway and reserve handle. :$

After a not so good spot and having to fly a round over some power lines AND do a stand up landing on the side of a slope, I thought that was acceptable.

I then waited for the guy with a kid's fireman's hat (w/ rotating beacon, of course) drive the golf cart up from the 15 freeway were he'd just saved my main from being used as a car cover by some guy after it landed in the median.

:)
Then I managed to get my picture in the paper because wouldn't you know that was the day the reporter was covering the nudist camp.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

As an addendum to Bill Von's post:

Take a pair of shorts and put them over your legs straps so your sitting on them. They will act as a skid plate if you go down on your butt.

BE SURE THEY ARE SMALL AND DON'T INTERFERE WITH YOUR MAIN CONTAINER FLAPS AND HAND-DEPLOY.

These are small shorts, fly toward your backside.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

The 2 guys that landed off, from Maytown got hit by an old lady with a broom and the 2nd in a little league field. Both cited with summary offenses.

Speaking from experience? :)

Hi Kelel01

I may be stupid but not :S
Just heard about it :).

But knowing the boogie, the terrian, what happens some times to the folks that are last out. I tend to believe it, but can't confirm it.

Urban legend? Maybe and thats final:P

R.I.P.

Skydivers have really changed, haven't they? As I start to get ground rush on sixty, I find myself most amused at the younger generations of people who skydive. I confess I never dreamed I would, at this age, look at kids and think, damn, it's a shame they don't shake it out and party more.

Well, we wanted mainstream, well they came ...and along with their money, brought their mainstream mores with them.

Aw, what the fuck, It's all good!

Skies,

Buttercup Girdlehead

\

Gobsmacked by the results so far. Never realised skydivers were so prudish. Only reason I would wrap my canopy around me would be to stop me getting frost-bite here in the UK.

I just realised I have a glove pouch that I attach to my belt at work that should fit on my chest strap and is just big enough to fit a pair of boxers in.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

OMG

K

You never cease to amaze me, I'm actually a little jealous when you come up with this shit before me.

lol

you know what I chose, even though I'm getting old enough that "hot naked" probably doesn't go together, but hey? what the hell right?

Not to go there, but I've been publicly naked in other situations, so what the hell...

:)

your one bad kid you know!:P
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Been there, done that....naked off landings suck....especially since I was the only one of 10 to land off(I was the only one to take it down to 2k, also...I've learned better since then).. I got a ride back(wrapped in my canopy) from a couple of teenage girls. I was really worried about what would happen if a cop pulled us over...and I was naked(with only a canopy around me) in a car with two 16 year old girls... :S

Mike

...and I was naked(with only a canopy around me) in a car with two 16 year old girls... :S

You poor baby. :ph34r:

Anyhoo, I will most likely never be completely nude on a skydive, but I am pretty sure that I will eventually try a topless skydive. My plan, if I were to do this for the first time, is to jump with one or two other people and to purposely land away from the crowd (but close to the others that I jumped with). I would want to be the last out and pull high. Just in case...I may slip a tube or bikini top into my pant leg, too. That way, I wouldn't have to parade topless in front of anyone on my walk back. :$

I am pretty sure that I will eventually try a topless skydive.

Topless is fun. B|

A few points of advice - do it on a weekday, not on a busy weekend day. Don't talk about it at the dropzone; someone WILL overhear you, tell everyone else and be in the landing area with cameras. Wear something that's easy to remove in the airplane - don't walk to the plane topless. Have someone in your group carry your top on the jump (when I did it myself and my topless friend had my ex put our shirts inside his jumpsuit). Be the last group out and land away from the main landing area. And you can use your main to cover yourself if all the precautions fail and you need to.

Oh yeah, if you bring a cameraman along? Make him give you the original tape in the landing area, and never let the negatives of the still shots out of your sight!

I keep pullup cords and spare rubber bands in the pocket behind the mudflap on my Vector III. They've come in handy a few times. If you land way off and have a long walk to the nearest road it's nice to be able to pack up first.

I'll take option number two for $1,000,000.00 please.

Lets remember that here in the U.S. a indecent exsposure charge now puts you in with the "Sexual Offenders". Your name on watch list, in the paper, reporting of where you live or move to ect ect........

Not good, not good at all... Cover it up folks.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I just wanna know what the people who answered the "I'd pack it up" used for pullup cords.

I carry a pullup cord in my reserve flap with my pack data card. I also carry money in there in case i need to bribe someone to drive me to the dz, or if i need to stop for a beer on the way back.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

That way, I wouldn't have to parade topless in front of anyone on my walk back.

come on everyone, be proud of your bodies...
or at least don't be ashamed of them.
I'm quite sure more than 90% of the people at/out of the DZ's were born naked, and have seen a naked body...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'm quite sure more than 90% of the people at/out of the DZ's were born naked, and have seen a naked body...

:o Not me...I'm an innocent. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.