Unstable

Black Skydivers - Okay folks, games up....

....Where are they!?! No seriously, I mean, are they all hiding somewhere we can't find them?

To keep club and nonprofit status, our lil' DZ does a bunch of this diversity paperwork stuff, and I had to spend the evening answering questions like "What does your organization do to include various Minorities?" et cetera.

No I just realized what a bunch of white kids we are. Okay, so where are all the African American Skydivers jumping?!?!

I know, like, Mary from Couch Freaks, the dude with the Racer, and the video guy from Rantoul a coupla years back.....
=========Shaun ==========

do a search mate, i asked this question a few years back, and since then i have met and jumped with a few.
Oddly enough there tends to less in the mid west and bible belt, i wonder why.

I had the great fortune of jumping with an absolutely stunning lady In Cal. Hi Loryn:)

They are out there,, they just seem less verbal on here (smart move):ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2902361;search_string=black%20jumpers;#2902361
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=183146;search_string=black%20skydiver;#183146
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=773027;search_string=black%20skydiver;#773027

there's more there too :)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Oddly enough there tends to less in the mid west and bible belt, i wonder why.

They are out there,, they just seem less verbal on here (smart move):ph34r::ph34r:

Nice smear you've got going there, Squeak, and not nearly as :ph34r: as you think - care to expound on it?

While you're at it, maybe you can explain the relative dearth of black pro moto-x riders or race car drivers, to name a couple of examples that quickly come to mind.

Maybe there's fewer black people that have the adrenaline junky mindset that drives the sport - did you ever think of that?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In 27 years i've know several black jumpers. I've met the guys from Gold Coast and I had two personal friends in Vegas. Cecil retired due to age and injuries. Skip was in the Air Force. He married a cute little girl and she made him quit skydiving.
Its not a bunch but they are out there.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

In 27 years i've know several black jumpers. I've met the guys from Gold Coast and I had two personal friends in Vegas. Cecil retired due to age and injuries. Skip was in the Air Force. He married a cute little girl and she made him quit skydiving.
Its not a bunch but they are out there.

Yeah I met those guys at Gold Coast, including Larry Grasty. There were also a couple at Cross Keys on the New Jersey 100 ways, one of them being my wingman and the other one just two slots over. I haven't seen any in a long while though, but then I haven't been jumping much.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

....Where are they!?! No seriously, I mean, are they all hiding somewhere we can't find them?

Maybe they're too busy playing hockey?

:P

Now there's an interesting story... When I was a student at NCAA Div III powerhouse RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology), we played the national championship series against a state team from Wisconsin, whose goalie was black. We all were chanting at him "CHEESE!!! CHEESE!!!!" Hoping he would be as porous as Wisconsin cheese... :D

He wasn't. And we lost. In OT. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I personally think there's a ton of them somewhere. There have got to be a lot of black skyjumers, right?!?!

my Theory: It's a big conspiracy. I think they are all hiding at some remote little Cessna 182 dropzone, all of them. Except for like the 3 that we all know. They have meetings and discuss ways not to be seen by white skydivers. I don't know why they are doing this, other than it's just a big joke to them. They think it's really funny.
=========Shaun ==========

To keep club and nonprofit status, our lil' DZ does a bunch of this diversity paperwork stuff, and I had to spend the evening answering questions like "What does your organization do to include various Minorities?" et cetera.

So, I don't know that "the teacher says we have to play with you guys too or she'll take our toys away." is the greatest welcoming line to new members.

I freefly with 2 here in Ohio, one of which was probably the little camera flyer from Rantoul you are referring to earlier. Mark moved to Hawaii this year, I have his gear until he comes back and Garrett is active duty Air Force and is going to be a PJ.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

They're busy learning to swim. ...FINALLY!! :ph34r:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Now that that PC curtain is out of my way, maybe it's just anecdotal research that signifies nothing, but I've noticed a distinct difference in the reactions I get from black whuffos as opposed to whites when I mention my choice of hobby. White folks give me the wide-eyed "I've always wanted to do that," or "Oh my God, you're crazy! (but I secretly envy you)" routine. Black people generally look at me like I've just grown horns and asked if I can eat their children. One kindly older gentleman I ran across at my hospital job reacted like I told him I whiled away my weekends shooting smack and cutting myself with broken glass. "Skydiving?!?! Man...why you wanna do that to yourself?!" Then, with sincere concern, he advised me that I needed to get church! :D

I think there's a basic cultural difference at work. D.L. Hughley did a riff on whites/blacks/ and extreme sports in The Original Kings of Comedy that made some funny points about it, but I couldn't find the clip.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I freefly with 2 here in Ohio, one of which was probably the little camera flyer from Rantoul you are referring to earlier. Mark moved to Hawaii this year, I have his gear until he comes back and Garrett is active duty Air Force and is going to be a PJ.

I've met both of these guys... among at least a few others... We also had a camera flyer at our dz earlier in the year that was black.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

No I just realized what a bunch of white kids we are. Okay, so where are all the African American Skydivers jumping?!?!

I know, like, Mary from Couch Freaks, the dude with the Racer, and the video guy from Rantoul a coupla years back.....

You do realize 'minorities' is not just black people right?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

You do realize 'minorities' is not just black people right?

LOL Get`em Jason!!! B|:ph34r::ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I've only seen three. One, who I only knew as "Wildman," I jumped with a few times in Maryland & at the Herd Boogie. The other two were a couple I saw in Coolidge, Az. at the '86 Halloween boogie.

I've always wondered why skydiving was a predominately Caucasian sport. It shouldn't be, IMHO.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.