Nataly

Creative ideas for noisy tourists...

Ok, so it's tourist season again... For two months out of the year, we grit our teeth and ignore the noisy bastards as they flood our streets at all hours, laughing, yelling and generally having a good time (those BASTARDS!!!)... Every night, these morons party like it's New Year's Eve, totally oblivious to the fact that NOT EVERYONE IS ON BLOODY HOLIDAYS...

So instead of getting mad every time they wake me up, I have decided to take action. No, it won't change anything, because those people who "learn their lesson" will promptly be replaced by a fresh batch of bastards... But at least *I* will have the last laugh!!!

I was thinking of throwing eggs at them, but too messy. My work colleague suggested I spit at them, but my range is limited. I was thinking a bucket of ice-cold water... But I'm CERTAIN if we put our heads together we can come up with something BETTER!!! :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Ok, so it's tourist season again... For two months out of the year, we grit our teeth and ignore the noisy bastards as they flood our streets at all hours, laughing, yelling and generally having a good time (those BASTARDS!!!)... Every night, these morons party like it's New Year's Eve, totally oblivious to the fact that NOT EVERYONE IS ON BLOODY HOLIDAYS...

So instead of getting mad every time they wake me up, I have decided to take action. No, it won't change anything, because those people who "learn their lesson" will promptly be replaced by a fresh batch of bastards... But at least *I* will have the last laugh!!!

I was thinking of throwing eggs at them, but too messy. My work colleague suggested I spit at them, but my range is limited. I was thinking a bucket of ice-cold water... But I'm CERTAIN if we put our heads together we can come up with something BETTER!!! :)

Enjoy the benefits of the substantial amount of money they pour into your economy?

Alternatively, waterboard them. I really don't see much in the way of middle ground.
cavete terrae.

grue

Enjoy the benefits of the substantial amount of money they pour into your economy?

Alternatively, waterboard them. I really don't see much in the way of middle ground.

Although this area lives off of tourism to a great extent, the down side for the locals is that ALL the prices go up (without any increase in wages)... Traffic increases, noise increases, pollution increases (people litter when they are on holiday but they wouldn't litter in their OWN backyard)... If you don't work in the tourism industry, it's hard to see the upside of the summertime invasions...

I *do* live in a GORGEOUS area... So OBVIOUSLY people are going to come and visit.

But some people's behaviour is just baffling... :S

PS: your answer is BORING - my work colleagues suggested pouring maple syrup on them and ripping open a pillow to cover them in feathers!!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

PS: your answer is BORING - my work colleagues suggested pouring maple syrup on them and ripping open a pillow to cover them in feathers!!! :D:D:D

Challenge accepted.

This one will require having a few things handy –

When the dipshits start their hooting and hollering after dark, crack some green cyalumes and get 'em glowing. Cut the end off each, and pour the glowing fluid into a bowl. Add flour until you have a sticky, glowing paste. Place this into the centre of a damp, thin paper towel, and then wrap it around tightly and close the "neck" with a rubber band. Repeat several times.

Now put on your niqab or burqa (you do have one, right?), run out of your home screaming "ALLAHU SNACKBAR" and throw these balls of hilarity at people. When they hit, they will (from their perspective) be covered in glowing goo thrown by a crazed extremist.
cavete terrae.

Did you not know about the tourists before you moved there? You sound like the lady who moved near the airport and then complained about the airplane noise. ;)

I think you should find a way to make money off them. Make baked goods or jewelery and sell them at a high price to people who want a souvenir from your charming town. That'll teach them!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Did you not know about the tourists before you moved there? You sound like the lady who moved near the airport and then complained about the airplane noise. ;)

I think you should find a way to make money off them. Make baked goods or jewelery and sell them at a high price to people who want a souvenir from your charming town. That'll teach them!

It's more like the other way around... The lady is complaining because she moved to a dead town and then an airport was built right next to it...

This village has been quiet for years - it was one of my reasons for picking it. Full of empty apartments only visited 1 week per 3 years by their owners... What has changed in the meantime is that suddenly one of my neighbours decided to get in touch with all of the non-residents to offer them short-term letting services... So now most of those empty apartments are getting new people in every week... :S

I like the crazed woman idea, but selling retarded souvenirs will only encourage MORE people to come!! :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

jumpwally

Where is it that you live and how did this overnite tourism come about ? Something dremt up by the real estate people ? Tourism board ?

I live in an isolated little village not far from Monaco/Nice. The French Riviera is a hot spot for tourism, but some areas are a little out of the way, are not well connected by public transport and thus attract a lot less people.

Like I said, this village has been dead for years due to the fact that 90% of the places are owned by people who live abroad. These owners left their places vacant for sometimes years on end... This winter, however, one of the villagers decided to start a little side business in real-estate. So she got in touch with a bunch of the people who own a vacation home here and let them know they could make some easy money... Perhaps this wouldn't have interested them before the financial crisis, but there you go. Hence the sudden influx. And the village is TEENY, so it's all the more noticeable.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

CazmoDee

You think you have it bad, try living in Key West. We get that 24/7/365!!! ;)

I bet. I dont live in Key West, but I live in the "trendy" nightlife area in a downtown city. I get the shouting and screaming at all hours every day regardless of the day or time of year. I knew it would be that way when I moved in though. There are advantages and disadvantages to every location. If you want to live in a "cool" spot you're going to have to put up with other people wanting to come to that spot.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

riddler

Earplugs? Crazy, I know.

Agreed...can't sleep in my apartment complex without them. And Logitech wireless headphones for when I'm awake.

OP, file a complaint with your town police or town office. Surely you're not the only one to complain. Attend a town meeting or get one started to address the issue.

Pacific

***Earplugs? Crazy, I know.

Agreed...can't sleep in my apartment complex without them. And Logitech wireless headphones for when I'm awake.

OP, file a complaint with your town police or town office. Surely you're not the only one to complain. Attend a town meeting or get one started to address the issue.

Ooh yeah! I know a lady here who is frequently disturbed by noise! Perhaps you could get in touch with her and get some pointers! :P
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FreeFallFiend

***You think you have it bad, try living in Key West. We get that 24/7/365!!! ;)

I bet. I dont live in Key West, but I live in the "trendy" nightlife area in a downtown city. I get the shouting and screaming at all hours every day regardless of the day or time of year. I knew it would be that way when I moved in though. There are advantages and disadvantages to every location. If you want to live in a "cool" spot you're going to have to put up with other people wanting to come to that spot.

Of course there are worse places... But I didn't choose one of those places. [:/] I expect things will naturally die down after the school holidays, however, so I don't think it will last beyond August. :)
Anyway these things are of course going to be cyclical... The trend over the past SEVERAL years is that these little villages have become more and more deserted... People who once upon a time thought they'd enjoy a little place outside of the big cities realised the commute/inconvenience doesn't suit them so they have all been moving BACK to the big cities... The little villages become emptier and emptier and all the shops close, further encouraging people to leave... After years and years of this, it's bound to come full-circle again as people get sick of over-crowded big cities, and decide they want the peace and quiet of a little village, et cetera, et cetera...

Oh well. If this is what is happening, at least it means I bought when prices were low and I should benefit when property value goes up :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Remster

Just do this. Remove the muffler from your big motorcycle ;)

WHEN they finally fall asleep, ride through the streets on the village with a mask on yelling ZORRO! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Oh, I forgot... A mask, but nakid otherwise.;)
Remster

Remster

***Just do this. Remove the muffler from your big motorcycle ;)

WHEN they finally fall asleep, ride through the streets on the village with a mask on yelling ZORRO! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Oh, I forgot... A mask, but nakid otherwise.;)

And get it on video!!!:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You should bang them and give them some sort of a VD to take home as a souvenir.

Or maybe you can just yell at them in a crotchety old man voice, " you damn kids get off my grass".

Or maybe you should lighten up a bit and partake in some of their fun. I know when I get hung up on something it only bothers me more and more, but if you join in and lighten up, it seems trivial afterwards.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

FlyingRhenquest

Ooh yeah! I know a lady here who is frequently disturbed by noise! Perhaps you could get in touch with her and get some pointers! :P

I suspect it takes more than a turbine operating out of an airport 6 miles away to get Nat grumpy.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Put up some signs saying to please respect the neighborhood, keeping the volume down at night.

We had a dog poop problem in my neighborhood, some people wouldn't pick it up. All the neighbors put some money into making signs to clean up after their dogs. It lessened the problem soon enough.