Nataly

Creative ideas for noisy tourists...

ryoder

When the dipshits start their hooting and hollering after dark, crack some green cyalumes and get 'em glowing.

Best use of cyalumes I ever heard:

Back in IN there was a guy who had a big outdoor hog roast on a farm, and every year he invited the skydivers to drop in. The payment was all they could eat and drink. (Whuffos had to pay an admission).

One year one of the jumpers, (after tipping a few), went out to his car, stripped naked, broke open a bunch of cyalumes, rubbed them all over his body, then came casually strolling back into the party...glowing green.B|

Please, please tell me he was called glowworm from that point on.
cavete terrae.

ryoder

When the dipshits start their hooting and hollering after dark, crack some green cyalumes and get 'em glowing.

Best use of cyalumes I ever heard:

Back in IN there was a guy who had a big outdoor hog roast on a farm, and every year he invited the skydivers to drop in. The payment was all they could eat and drink. (Whuffos had to pay an admission).

One year one of the jumpers, (after tipping a few), went out to his car, stripped naked, broke open a bunch of cyalumes, rubbed them all over his body, then came casually strolling back into the party...glowing green.B|

:D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

wmw999

Hire someone to, in your neighborhood at least, go from group to group in a robe of some kind, street preaching. The earnest and kind approach is probably better than the hell-and-damnation approach -- it's much less likely to be objected to by the police.

That should take care of them :ph34r: If not, then you and your boyfriend just have to quit your jobs and join them.

Wendy P.

Ahhhh... Preachy people waking up the hung-over tourists at 7am... I like it!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

skymama

Did you not know about the tourists before you moved there? You sound like the lady who moved near the airport and then complained about the airplane noise. ;)

I think you should find a way to make money off them. Make baked goods or jewelery and sell them at a high price to people who want a souvenir from your charming town. That'll teach them!

This. ^^

Tourists will stop coming and prices will go up for the other 10 months of the year since businesses rely on them to make their revenues....they will substitute for whiny locals when said locals scare off tourists with teenage style attacks.

Move to a non tourist location, or embrace your life choices, leave the people who saved up money all year to have a week of relaxation alone.

Bignugget

Move to a non tourist location, or embrace your life choices, leave the people who saved up money all year to have a week of relaxation alone.

As per previous posts, this WAS a non tourist location.

And seriously?? Saving up all year entitles you to go abroad and behave like a total asshat for a week?? That's great because I've been saving up for YEARS and all that cumulated holiday time I *didn't* take must add up to an allowance of months of ass-hattery. Where do you live?? Nice place for a spot of "relaxation"?? :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

And seriously?? Saving up all year entitles you to go abroad and behave like a total asshat for a week??

Yep.

Where do you live?? Nice place for a spot of "relaxation"??

St. Louis, Missouri... in the ghetto. I hear gunshots and shit all the time. I need some creative ideas to deal with it.

Only thing I have come up with so far... move to a location where all I have to deal with is a few drunk people walking down the street past my house once in awhile.

Bignugget

And seriously?? Saving up all year entitles you to go abroad and behave like a total asshat for a week??

Yep.

Where do you live?? Nice place for a spot of "relaxation"??

St. Louis, Missouri... in the ghetto. I hear gunshots and shit all the time. I need some creative ideas to deal with it.

Only thing I have come up with so far... move to a location where all I have to deal with is a few drunk people walking down the street past my house once in awhile.

You're just jealous :P

People here have real problems too... Like not being able to get your Ferrari in the shade of red you *wanted* :D:D:)

Now back to the more creative ideas... :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

GooniesKid

Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|
Ahhh,,it's awesome living on the top B|

And if it were not for the French, the US would still be a Commonwealth colony :)
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

NorrinRadd

***Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

And if it were not for the French, the US would still be a Commonwealth colony :)
I see what you did there!;)

GooniesKid

******Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

Yep. Bring up a point of history many Americans seem to forget ;)

NorrinRadd

*********Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

hey we'll make up our own version thank you very much :P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

************Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

hey we'll make up our own version thank you very much :P
B|:D:D:D

NorrinRadd

***Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

Don't bet on it... It would have taken longer but the colonies had been rendered ungovernable by and from England. The internal civil war between those who wished to remain British subjects and those who wished to determine their own destinies.. no matter how bitter the atrocities was not going so well for the boot licking loyalists in many of the colonies.

If it was not for Benedict Arnold.... you wouldnt be stuck in the CommonWealth.

What is the point of having a perfectly good if poorly executed policy like Manifest Destiny.... That was such a failure... just think of how many immigration issues would have been solved if it had actually been carried out. No Mexico... no Banana Republics, No Canukistan.;)

The Brits were more interested in India and the West Indies.. where the REAL money makers for the Crown were.

Amazon

******Guess it's true what they say about the Frenchies,,they hate us Americans..eventhough we bailed you out during WWII.
B|

Don't bet on it... It would have taken longer but the colonies had been rendered ungovernable by and from England. The internal civil war between those who wished to remain British subjects and those who wished to determine their own destinies.. no matter how bitter the atrocities was not going so well for the boot licking loyalists in many of the colonies.

If it was not for Benedict Arnold.... you wouldnt be stuck in the CommonWealth.

What is the point of having a perfectly good if poorly executed policy like Manifest Destiny.... That was such a failure... just think of how many immigration issues would have been solved if it had actually been carried out. No Mexico... no Banana Republics, No Canukistan.;)

The Brits were more interested in India and the West Indies.. where the REAL money makers for the Crown were.
That is possible! But it is more likely the attempt would not have been made. Independence was not attempted until the US determined that they did in fact have the support of the French.
Either way, it seems to me that the US and the French should be a lot friendlier to each other. They have both helped each other out when it really counted.

oldwomanc6

Maybe you could do a variation on this theme. >:(

Oh Lisa... I can always count on you to come up with great responses :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Yeah... So predictable... Like everyone sees that corner and thinks "great spot for peeing"... :S:|

People would never pee on their own wall, but somehow feel it's just fine to pee on someone else's... This is exactly the same reasoning going on with our tourists... They would not dream of disturbing their own neighbours at 3am in the middle of the week but fail to give the same consideration to others when they're abroad... They also wouldn't litter, empty their ashtray out the window or let their dog shit on their own doorstep... They wouldn't leave their own windows open during a rainstorm (although this is more annoying for the landlords)... They wouldn't trash their own place... The list goes on and on... Basic consideration for others goes out the window (along with the contents of the ashtray :S)...

I've seen it at dropzones too... You get a bunch of visiting jumpers and they trash the place... I don't get this... Whatever happened to the Golden Rule (do unto others...)?

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Whatever happened to the Golden Rule (do unto others...)?

Well as with all Golden Rules, they only ever apply to other people...

Oh and better be careful with the stuff in cyalume; I don't know if hydrogen peroxide is the oxidizing agent within, but the mixture strips paint...:S

Amazon

Any way of imbedding a small wire in the wall where the wonderful human beings are pissing?:)

I think they need some incentive to not "go there"

Great way to watch a guy learning to "dance" at 1:10:ph34r::ph34r:

When I was a kid, I was out rabbit/pheasant hunting with the old man, and we encountered an electric fence. He was tall enough to step over it, but when he did so, his weight-bearing foot sunk into the soft ground. This reduced his standover height, lowering his crotch onto the wire.:D:D:D I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing, because if I had, it would have meant a beating. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Join in the festivities with gusto!!!!!
Bagpipes?
Accordians?
Playing the trumpet off-key?

This reminds me of the time I was driving from Winnipeg to Edmonton ... after a long day of driving, I was exhausted and pulled into a small, road-side motel at sunset. I asked for a quiet room, down near the end.
They put a bunch of rowdy construction workers in the last room. The young @$$H)L$$ in the next room started partying at sunset. They did not quiet down until 03:00 am!
The sun rose at 05:00.
Tired, grumpy and unable to sleep, I tossed my luggage in my car. I warmed up the car's motor. Then I turned the TV on - AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE - locked the door and left!