CanuckInUSA

Seriously, pay attention when you drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0nHfe6NWo&feature=youtube_gdata

Texting and driving. How someone thinks it's a good decision to wack it too while driving, blows my mind how stupid people are.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but has anyone else noticed the past year or so how people driving just cross the yellow lines into your lane towards you? Or even on the freeway crossing the slashes then jerking the car back into their lanes? I've saw people in front of me drift into oncoming traffic more than a few times forcing the other drivers off the road. One lady did that in front of me, almost a head on collision. Two minutes down the road I can see her looking down at something, into the on coming traffic again! Crazy.

Be on the offensive people, they will kill someone again.

Either that, or the guy who's going 15mph slower than everyone else in the left lane, because that way he can "text more safely" >:(

Makes me wish I had a jammer that I could point at them (while, of course, continuing to look at the road :)).

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

J-S

Texting and driving. How someone thinks it's a good decision to wack it too while driving, blows my mind how stupid people are.

Don't be a hater. Some people are just good at multi-tasking.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wmw999

Makes me wish I had a jammer that I could point at them (while, of course, continuing to look at the road :)).

Ooh! I like that idea! I need to investigate this.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Being alert saved me this morning from T-boning a lady in a van who went right through a stop sign. I swear my car stopped only an inch from her. If I had even just been talking on the phone, my reaction time would have been that half second slower that would have caused me to plow into her. Five days before Christmas, ain't nobody got time for that. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It never ceases to amaze me what People THINK they are capable of doing safely.

Multi-tasking is something that so many (especially younger people) think they have mad skillz at, when studies show just the opposite, that we're capable of focusing on only one thing at a time. People mistake DOING multiple things at once as multi-tasking, but they don't realize they're just good at task-switching, not really paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

I suck so bad at it (not driving, Multi-tasking, that is), I don't even like to talk via bluetooth when I'm driving. I wish more people would admit that to themselves, and decide that when they're behind the wheel, driving is the only thing they should be doing.

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him." ;)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I pay very close attention to where I'm driving it's everyone else that gets in my way.

Oh and for the record: I didn't take out that stop sign I hit the snow bank and the snow bank hit the stop sign. Yeah, the MP's didn't go for that either. Ugh!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Obviously driving's just way too easy. It should be mandatory that any vehicle sold be on a knife's edge of going of the road and/or exploding, with only constant driver attention keeping that from happening. I think that'd make it a lot safer for everyone!

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to program the steering system to randomly steer to the right (or left in the UK) with a certain random force, requiring constant driver input to keep it on the road. Distracted drivers would rapidly remove themselves from the road. Then all you have to do is figure out how to keep them from plowing into pedestrians...
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

every morning coming into work mulitple examples - I honk at them:

texting
talking on the phone
talking to a passenger (not driving and talking, but looking directly at them and not the road)
makeup
eating
reading books
reading newspapers
digging around in the back seat (appears to be mostly realtors)

that's about it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

oldwomanc6

It never ceases to amaze me what People THINK they are capable of doing safely.

Multi-tasking is something that so many (especially younger people) think they have mad skillz at, when studies show just the opposite, that we're capable of focusing on only one thing at a time. People mistake DOING multiple things at once as multi-tasking, but they don't realize they're just good at task-switching, not really paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

I suck so bad at it (not driving, Multi-tasking, that is), I don't even like to talk via bluetooth when I'm driving. I wish more people would admit that to themselves, and decide that when they're behind the wheel, driving is the only thing they should be doing.

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him." ;)

Haha, your last sentence :D

I agree, driving is the only thing you should be doing, besides switching the radio station when AC/DC comes on >:(

I turn my phone on silent when I drive and keep it in the door in case I need it. I don't want to be tempted to read a text or answer the phone. People can wait for a response from me, 99% of the time it isn't important anyway. I think people today are too used to communicating via the new technology, that's all they know now.

We were all a bit safer when we only had rotary phones.

These guys are in the casket hauling biz....one of their trailers with a little special message for the texters that I seen recently.
Being that it's not safe to text, I opted to take a picture instead.

I've seen more strange things going on down in them little 4 wheelers then I'd ever care to admit to :$:o:S

Riding a motorcycle totally changed my perspective on other drivers and has made me so much more aware of bad/erratic drivers who aren't paying attention to their driving.

Just the other day, I got overtaken in a tunnel where the other guy could not have seen an oncoming vehicle in the turn (hence why you are not allowed to overtake there)... It's like he saw me at the last minute and barely swerved to avoid me... And whilst he was ahead of me, he kept veering into the opposite lane and slowing down and speeding up... And that's when I saw he was looking down at his phone. At the next lights, I knocked on his window and asked if he was trying to kill me or if he just hadn't seen me because of his fucking phone... In answer to my question, he tells me to fuck off, raises his window back up, speeds off as soon as the light is green and goes back to texting!! >:(>:(>:(

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Riding a motorcycle totally changed my perspective on other drivers and has made me so much more aware of bad/erratic drivers who aren't paying attention to their driving.

Just the other day, I got overtaken in a tunnel where the other guy could not have seen an oncoming vehicle in the turn (hence why you are not allowed to overtake there)... It's like he saw me at the last minute and barely swerved to avoid me... And whilst he was ahead of me, he kept veering into the opposite lane and slowing down and speeding up... And that's when I saw he was looking down at his phone. At the next lights, I knocked on his window and asked if he was trying to kill me or if he just hadn't seen me because of his fucking phone... In answer to my question, he tells me to fuck off, raises his window back up, speeds off as soon as the light is green and goes back to texting!! >:(>:(>:(

Here in CO the state police have a number you can call to report erratic drivers. I used it once to report an idiot weaving in/out of traffic like he had a deathwish.