Nataly

Noise at ungodly hours...

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world that I got woken up at 6am by the builders doing work next door... Legally, one cannot make noise until 8am, but come on... Even the most unintelligent of beings should understand that waking an entire neighbourhood at that hour is not reasonable, right? [:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Better to get the work done when the air outside is cool than to be trying to bust your ass doing it at 2pm.

I don't thing 6am would be reasonable, but usually 7am is the normal around these parts.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I was a roofer for 20 years and being on the job early as possible was usually the norm unless people actually complained. Funny story our crew was working in Marin County Ca, maybe it was in Sausalito, but there was some ordinance or something about working construction on Sundays. Myself and a roofing partner were really hung over and really didn't want to work so WE called in a complaint. We watched an I think it was a sheriff hitting every job sight shutting them down until he got to us, same thing.:|:)
My opinion, if it bothers you, call and complain. I would if it was in my neighborhood.

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I feel your pain, sister! Yesterday morning it was landscaping equipment from multiple houses around me starting before 8am. It went on for hours. Today it was the school buses idling in the streets longer than usual for some reason and the asshole teens across the street who must think no one can hear the thumping of the bass when they have music cranked inside their POS cars. I'm sick as hell since Wednesday night and I'm ultra sensitive and cranky to noise. And ear plugs do not help. Grrrrrrrrrr. Back to bed for me. :|

Always be kinder than you feel.

normiss

:S

Huge air show here in Louisville on Saturday for the Kentucky Derby, so they were doing practice runs.
http://thunderoverlouisville.org/

My daughter actually stood in the yard watching them and ooh'd and ahh'd. She's two. But at 11:30 last night? She woke up yelling.
Friends with most of my neighbors on Facebook, and they all reported the same thing. Screaming kids. Not sure why they were doing runs that late.

Doug_Davis

***:S

Huge air show here in Louisville on Saturday for the Kentucky Derby, so they were doing practice runs.
http://thunderoverlouisville.org/

My daughter actually stood in the yard watching them and ooh'd and ahh'd. She's two. But at 11:30 last night? She woke up yelling.
Friends with most of my neighbors on Facebook, and they all reported the same thing. Screaming kids. Not sure why they were doing runs that late.

They can wake me up with night runs anytime. When I was married we lived almost under final for ACY. It was amazing when the house shook from low passes even when you were in the basement. Even late, late, late at night. B|B|B|

6 am seems a little early if it's a residential job but maybe the neighborhood will look nicer when they're finished.
If it's a commercial job and it only happened this once maybe it was because of something specific they were doing that day.
I could see it being annoying if it was happening every day and it was something I didn't want built though.

There are some times work is required to be done at night. We are changing over to a new utility feed and it can only be done during non-operational hours.

We are trying to be good neighbors by using whisper quiet generators. But sometimes you just have to make noise.[:/]

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Nataly

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world that I got woken up at 6am by the builders doing work next door... Legally, one cannot make noise until 8am, but come on... Even the most unintelligent of beings should understand that waking an entire neighbourhood at that hour is not reasonable, right? [:/]

I always ask nicely and reasonably for them to be respectful. Their response dictates my next step.

The twatwaffle that used to service the building across the street with his leafblower at 645 every 2nd Monday? He acted like an asshole, so I started calling the mobile phone number on the side of his truck from various numbers (I'm the IT admin at work, and our phone system allows me to generate whatever info I want for callerID) whenever I'd feel bored, be it 2 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning.

Funny how he stopped after a while…
cavete terrae.

I'd LOVE to be awakened at 6 am (my alarm is set for 5:30). :)
Directly across the street is a plastic surgery clinic, and the guy who empties the Dumpster comes by between 3:30 - 4:00 am EVERY Monday morning. Talk about a great way to start your week.

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

oldwomanc6

Sic the loud tourists on THEM! ;)

These owner are the same ones who let their place out to the loud tourists... It's so simple for them to ask tenants to be respectful and explain that the way the houses are built means noise is heard and amplified throughout the entire village... It's also so simple for builders to start at 8 - it's the law and it's also just common sense.

They are also the same ones who used to vacuum at 4:00 am every Saturday to get their place ready for the next batch of loud tourists...

I spoke to one of the workers (who doesn't speak one word of French) and pointed at my watch... Today is the next day and I haven't heard the hustle and bustle of them arriving yet (at about 5am yesterday). If they have any sense, they will start at a more reasonable hour from now on... The police take noise complaints very seriously around here. They also don't like it when people build without permits and hire illegal workers (which is the case here - if they had permits, there would be signs from the local authorities warning people of noise between such and such dates and naming the building company doing the work - no such signs).

Frankly, after having this conversation with the owners last year, I would have thought they would have clued in by now. I'm giving them this last chance, but next time there will be no more polite warning.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

LuckyMcSwervy

They can wake me up with night runs anytime. When I was married we lived almost under final for ACY. It was amazing when the house shook from low passes even when you were in the basement. Even late, late, late at night. B|B|B|

Makes sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOOSUA8cPw

:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

ryoder

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

:D:D:D LOVE that movie!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

theonlyski

Makes sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOOSUA8cPw

:P

Pretty much. OK, going back to bed. Ugh. [:/]