promise5

Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on the ability to function before coffee?

I quit the morning coffee a couple of months ago. It was causing a tiny tremor in my hand when shooting precision. I still want a hot drink, though. I've moved to white tea. Better for me anyhow.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I generally look as coffee as a sort of reward just for showing up in the morning. I ritualize that aspect of it, but if push comes to shove and the schedule demands I can deal without it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

SkyDekker

not dependent on any substance.

+2

I only drank coffee for one year while I was in college and working the night shift. (I had to pay for my college and worked at a physics laboratory during the evening and nights to get the funds.)

Coffee started off keeping me awake, but as the year went along I found I became more dependent on it. Once I realized I need coffee to function normally I knew it was time to stop. One day I decided to stop cold turkey and while I had a headache that entire week, it was my last cup of coffee.

Loud music worked also well, but sometimes annoyed the graduate students who also up at 3 AM in the morning trying get stuff done.

BillyVance

I usually can function once I get up, but a Mtn Dew or Mello Yello keeps my headaches away. :P I don't do coffee. Blech

Like Billy, I'm fully functional without it, but will get a headache by mid-morning from the caffeine withdrawals.

And really, you drinking Mountain Dew or Mello Yello and saying "Blech" to coffee? Yes, it's so much less gross to start your day with a big cup of carbonated water, high-fructose corn syrup, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium benzoate, caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid, gum arabic, calcium disodium EDTA, brominated vegetable oil, and yellow 5.:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

***I usually can function once I get up, but a Mtn Dew or Mello Yello keeps my headaches away. :P I don't do coffee. Blech

Like Billy, I'm fully functional without it, but will get a headache by mid-morning from the caffeine withdrawals.

And really, you drinking Mountain Dew or Mello Yello and saying "Blech" to coffee? Yes, it's so much less gross to start your day with a big cup of carbonated water, high-fructose corn syrup, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium benzoate, caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid, gum arabic, calcium disodium EDTA, brominated vegetable oil, and yellow 5.:D:D

Yeah I know, it doesn't make sense, but damn, it goes down my throat quite easy. :D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Someone's new sig line:

Yeah I know, it doesn't make sense, but damn, it goes down my throat quite easy -- BillyVance

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Someone's new sig line:

Yeah I know, it doesn't make sense, but damn, it goes down my throat quite easy -- BillyVance

:D

Fucker! LMAO
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

turtlespeed

Unless I'm on a call then I'm a 10.

6 AM is a great time to be very functional.:)
Well I consider anything before 530 to still be the night before.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun