strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

I think the way some of the grieving relatives were dragged out of the Malaysian press conference was deplorable. I don't know if they were being disruptive or what, but they need to be treated with respect. Can you imagine the backlash if our government treated the relatives of any crash victims in that manner? Holy moly... :o

I thank God every single day I'm American.

Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

I think the way some of the grieving relatives were dragged out of the Malaysian press conference was deplorable. I don't know if they were being disruptive or what, but they need to be treated with respect. Can you imagine the backlash if our government treated the relatives of any crash victims in that manner? Holy moly... :o

http://media.smh.com.au/national/selections/where-is-my-son-5276461.html

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

This is an interesting theory:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Basically, there was a fire the pilots didn't initially notice. When they did notice, they pulled the main bus making the plane go silent. Then they turned left to land at Palau Langkawi because it was safer than Kuala Lampur. Fire gets too bad. Plane crashes.
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

LuckyMcSwervy

******. :o

I think your parents deserve the thanks.

Good point but since they're not around He gets to listen to me. B|

Is the NSA god? Because they're the ones listening.
cavete terrae.

grue

*********. :o

I think your parents deserve the thanks.

Good point but since they're not around He gets to listen to me. B|

Is the NSA god? Because they're the ones listening.

I don't care who is listening. I'm talking anyway. :P

LuckyMcSwervy

***As long as you opened the door...

Best case scenario. :|

Yeah, somewhere in the Maldives island group if the rumors of islanders seeing a large jumbo jet with Malaysian airline colors fly over real low the morning of the disappearance have any substance...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******As long as you opened the door...

Best case scenario. :|

Yeah, somewhere in the Maldives island group if the rumors of islanders seeing a large jumbo jet with Malaysian airline colors fly over real low the morning of the disappearance have any substance...

I thought I heard today that was proven false? I've been busy today but tried to keep one eye on the TV, one on the Internet and one on getting some work done but I don't know how well I did any of that today.

Lots of breaking news out of Australia. "Credible information" of possible objects in the south Indian Ocean about 1500 miles off Perth. The statement came from the Prime Minister. They're referencing satellite images of 2 possible "objects".

Fingers crossed.

LuckyMcSwervy

Lots of breaking news out of Australia. "Credible information" of possible objects in the south Indian Ocean about 1500 miles off Perth. The statement came from the Prime Minister. They're referencing satellite images of 2 possible "objects".

Fingers crossed.

To be fair, nothing out of Tony Abbott's mouth is really credible, he's basically the GWB or Obama of the southern hemisphere.

That said, I'm biased because part of me never wants the plane to be found so we can have a good mystery to talk about for decades.
cavete terrae.

grue

***Lots of breaking news out of Australia. "Credible information" of possible objects in the south Indian Ocean about 1500 miles off Perth. The statement came from the Prime Minister. They're referencing satellite images of 2 possible "objects".

Fingers crossed.

To be fair, nothing out of Tony Abbott's mouth is really credible, he's basically the GWB or Obama of the southern hemisphere.

That said, I'm biased because part of me never wants the plane to be found so we can have a good mystery to talk about for decades.

A dingo took MH-370?

strife

******Lots of breaking news out of Australia. "Credible information" of possible objects in the south Indian Ocean about 1500 miles off Perth. The statement came from the Prime Minister. They're referencing satellite images of 2 possible "objects".

Fingers crossed.

A dingo took MH-370?

Or somebody used an Ouija board to contact Tattoo and ask him where the plane is?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I find it remarkably foolish that a flight crew can simply turn off location data for a $275+ million dollar aircraft or it can be rendered inoperable by a possible electrical fire. Whatever the case may be I would think a tamper-proof system with redundant systems would report it's GPS location worldwide.

Most rental cars are equipped with location GPS if needed in the event of recovery. :S

SoCalJumper

I find it remarkably foolish that a flight crew can simply turn off location data for a $275+ million dollar aircraft or it can be rendered inoperable by a possible electrical fire. Whatever the case may be I would think a tamper-proof system with redundant systems would report it's GPS location worldwide.

Most rental cars are equipped with location GPS if needed in the event of recovery. :S

Yeah....because if it's malfunctioning or otherwise causing a problem, ya sure wouldn't want anybody to be able to shut it down mid-flight. :S

AirBus tried that 'foolproof' thing with the autopilot, remember?
- AC got stuck in a holding pattern over London and they had to call the factory to figure out how to shut it off & land. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

Yeah....because if it's malfunctioning or otherwise causing a problem, ya sure wouldn't want anybody to be able to shut it down mid-flight. :S

Simmer down cupcake. I was referring to a separate system of tracking a $275 million dollar aircraft not connected to flight avionics or controls.