strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

Did anyone else get a breaking news alert that the Malaysian government has concluded the missing airliner was hijacked but did not speculate publicly a motive?

First time I'm seeing that report. What they know is someone disabled the transponder. Well it could be the pilots were in on it. I can't imagine anyone breaching the cock pit. What w/ the door locked, and maintaining a "sterile cock pit" Surely they did all of that, OR NOT! Who knows? They just might find it crashed in the Indian ocean or the south china sea yet.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

And they have to land safely and without structural damage to aircraft.

Would you agree the planes are far heavier when they take off as opposed to when they land? These planes were designed to take off and land with fuel on board. I'm more than certain the air frame and hydraulic landing gear can stand the stress. It has been handling the stress for years, in fact it works so well they incorporated it in their other ER models.

Best-
Richard

I agree.

Boeing list the maximum takeoff weight 120,000 lbs higher than for landing on that model. Some like the 757 are the same. But most can haul much more up than they can land with. Strap a shuttle on top and see how much fuel they allow to land.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I agree. Boeing list the maximum takeoff weight 120,000 lbs higher than for landing on that model. Some like the 757 are the same. But most can haul much more up than they can land with. Strap a shuttle on top and see how much fuel they allow to land.

I'm in full agreement with this statement.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

I agree. Boeing list the maximum takeoff weight 120,000 lbs higher than for landing on that model. Some like the 757 are the same. But most can haul much more up than they can land with. Strap a shuttle on top and see how much fuel they allow to land.

I'm in full agreement with this statement.

Best-
Richard

Somehow this just reminded me of a full load in a king air when I asked WTF from behind the pilot seat moments before a level 7 AFF jumped out in a climb to altitude as we passed over above clouds at 7k. I called it and was actually blamed for jinxing him!?! Hit the horizontal stabilizer hard, broke ribs and had malfunction(above the clouds in questionable winds). Reason I thought of it as we had to land HEAVY in that rig crosswind with the damaged tail.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

grue

What if the reason the press conference start is delayed is because there's a rescue attempt in progress right now on the airliner and passengers and they're waiting for the result? :o

Yeah, new information.

A new flight path was found: http://i.imgur.com/z4ysuSm.png

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

OK. It started. Prolly a bunch of bullshit

That's exactly what it was, a load of junk. I didn't hear anything different than what we've all been discussing here in the forums. Why don't we go there and find the doggone thing ourselves!!;)B| I just can't believe they "lost" the air craft. I don't believe them, I think some one knows something...some where.

Best-
Richard

Like maybe they shot it down?

Let's say this scenario is the deal, where is the debris field? There's no way it wouldn't be found if they can find a debris field. I'm surmising they know where it is, they're just stalling until they can rallye the troops and plan their strategy. There's a lot of places to land in the area where the flight was located. And who knows, it could've crashed in the south china sea, they recorded a 2.7 on the richter scale in China and that's where the data from China could be misleading. I think Malaysia knows where it is and is stalling so's not to create civil unrest. Man don't you know those people would be madder than you know what if this is the dealeo. This whole affair stinks to high heaven to say the least. Every time I see bits of news, the stories aren't synced to lots of additional theories that are being thrown out there, all of them, or some of them are junk. Right now I don't know what to believe anymore. Let the people in China find out they made a mess out of the investigation and were putting out cover stories to buy time while they get it together. Surely they're not that ignorant...Huh?? I wouldn't want to be them at all if this is indeed the case. My gut says NK is behind this one, if it did in fact, this whole dealeo is a bunch of junk, it stinks to high heaven. Some one is not telling all they know, but then again it could be for security reasons as well, who knows besides them?? Least wise, that's what I think, for the time being until I get the next bad report w/o evidence to back up their story. Let the Chinese find out they did screw the pooch and pull the wool over their eyes, it's going to be yougly, real yougly.

Best-
Richard

I don't know. It was hard to understand what the guy said in the press conference because it kept cutting out. I have a feeling that the plane didn't crash.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I don't know. It was hard to understand what the guy said in the press conference because it kept cutting out. I have a feeling that the plane didn't crash.

What is your theory? I'm keen to hear it, I've expressed mine, so give it up homey!! :)
Best-
Richard

BigMikeH77

I posted early last week that my theory involves the A/C being shot down by malaysian air defenses near the Adaman Sea. No one really commented on it or anything but now it's looking more and more plausible. :S

The two people with stolen passports were the equivalent of R Snowden.

And China don't play that!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

BigMikeH77

I posted early last week that my theory involves the A/C being shot down by malaysian air defenses near the Adaman Sea. No one really commented on it or anything but now it's looking more and more plausible. :S

I don't think it's "more plausible" at all. I wouldn't categorically rule it out, but it doesn't make any sense the Malaysian government would shoot down the aircraft unless they thought it had a good chance of being used as a weapon against Malaysia itself. As long as the aircraft is flying away from your country with your citizens on it, then it makes sense to allow it to continue to do so.

You set up a standard military intercept and just follow it. You don't shoot it down for no reason.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Phillbo

We will see this plane again and when it crashes, we'll know what caused it.

I had a car "disappear" once from its parking spot. I'm fairly certain it didn't crash, never found the wreckage, but to be honest I never knew what "caused" it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

***What if the reason the press conference start is delayed is because there's a rescue attempt in progress right now on the airliner and passengers and they're waiting for the result? :o

Yeah, new information.

Better than most of the competing theories.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******What if the reason the press conference start is delayed is because there's a rescue attempt in progress right now on the airliner and passengers and they're waiting for the result? :o

Yeah, new information.

Better than most of the competing theories.

Pretty much :D
Always be kinder than you feel.

RobertMBlevins

It's beginning to look like either a crew-inspired hijacking, or there were outside hijackers on board who gained control. But there are still some puzzles on why no one was able to communicate anything to the outside world.

For example, even if all the passengers were out of cell range, business class on Malaysia Airlines 777's has access to satellite phones. I don't know if it is a single phone on the wall, or if each seat is provided with one. It is probably the same thing in First Class. Why didn't anyone try to make a call? Those phones do not require cell signals and can call from anywhere you can see at least sixteen degrees of the sky. Multiple calls were made when Flight 93 was hijacked in 2001 and the com capabilities in-flight have improved greatly since that time.

I've also wondered if those satellite phones can be disabled from the cockpit. In any case, if the plane were in trouble and simply off-course, you would think SOMEONE would have attempted a call, unless the system was disabled or they were prevented from making such a call.

Ponder this... the report said they took the aircraft to 45000 feet. It is the middle of the night and most passengers were probably asleep. If the hijackers or the pilot who took it to 45000' and then lowered the cabin pressure, people would be out like lights in just a few short SECONDS.

rwieder

What is your theory? I'm keen to hear it, I've expressed mine, so give it up homey!! :)
Best-
Richard

I don't really have a theory. I think it was hijacked, possibly by, or with the help of, the cockpit crew. If the crew was involved, it could easily have been landed somewhere. It looks like the Malaysian cops searched the homes of the flight crew - after relatives of one of the crew went into the house and removed items said to be "clothing and toiletries". Maybe he is/was a tranny and his relatives wanted it kept secret:o

-NickDG

LuckyMcSwervy

I didn't notice any information on how often the "missing" pilot and co-pilot fly together?

For some reason I thought you didn't always know who was going to be on your crew.

I wasn't trying to imply that I thought both crewmembers were involved.

-NickDG

***I didn't notice any information on how often the "missing" pilot and co-pilot fly together?

For some reason I thought you didn't always know who was going to be on your crew.

I wasn't trying to imply that I thought both crewmembers were involved.

Oh, no. I'm sorry. I wasn't exactly referring to your post, it was more of a thought process that I haven't read or heard any of the talking heads mention the pilot and copilot fly together often. I'd think I'd remember that if I heard it. Meaning, were they friends outside of work? Same social circle, same religious or political views, that kind of stuff.
Always be kinder than you feel.