strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

One of my brothers used to work for RR Aero Engines (not for that airplane, however). He said that it's a very, very weird situation. He doesn't have any contacts that know anything (yeah, of course I asked :D, and he might have had to lie :D), but that the ACARS data story sounds very reasonable.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Heard one news story that they'll do a Bayesian search.

This is the kind that found the USS Scorpion in 1968 in 5 days following months of fruitless searching by the Navy, and which found the black boxes of the Air France jet that crashed in the Atlantic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Heard one news story that they'll do a Bayesian search.

An admission, of sorts, they've run out of obvious choices. Also, I think the US has had more success with this in the past because even though they didn't know precisely where a site was, they had a sort of standard logic to start with. We knew assumed, for instance, the Scorpion hadn't been taken over "Red October" style and we assumed other aircraft crashes followed logical flight paths as opposed to complete diversions from their intended.

It will be interesting to see how this search goes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I just got a flight back from New York to San Diego that had to divert mid flight because they put the wrong amount of fuel in....

Your referring to a "Shuttle Bus" flight in the lower 48, it's way easy for a Jet to make a miscalculation on how much fuel to load to make it to there next destination. I've flown shuttles in the lower 48 b/f, and 90 out of 100 times there was no flight engineer on board. After all between the flight engineer and the 2nd officer they are the ones who make these calculations and make the determination of how much fuel to load the same way we do so we can fly more volume of passengers and cut down time between flights. How ever on the flight in question, they load the tanks to the brim, "Just to be sure" And considering this plane was also an "ER" model indicating it's an Extended Reach air craft. There are no oceans in the lower 48, not so when flying internationally. So I don't think it's highly unlikely this jet ran out of fuel.

I'm steady thinking up scenarios, especially in light of the plane not being found at all, none of it. Then w/ that thought in mind, why didn't anyone try to make calls to their loved ones? That plane had CC phones on the head rest in front of the passengers, yet no one used them. That's more than a little strange in my mind. I'd of been burning mine up trying to call my family to say "I love you, See you in heaven" Bearing in mind no one even attempted to use even 1 of them blows my mind, yet leads me to my next theory; It could've happened like this: Fling along singing a song, either a slow pressure loss in the cabin, and the pilots descending to a safe altitude to insure an altitude where there is oxgen. In an instant like this, the pilots and crew up front would have donned masks first b/f any one else, it would have been up to the planes sensors to drop masks f/ the passengers. Let's say for theories sake they were already hypoxic and were in no physical shape to don their oxgen masks. were the passengers alert enough to don their masks? Who knows? I am still of the belief there was a strategic plan by some one *cough* NK et:al stole the plane and BillVon is correct in making the remarks about where the plane could be. Run out of fuel, no way, unless of course some one shot holes in the wings which is just crazy. They would have seen another air craft on radar, OR NOT! but would it be reported in an instant like this? I don't know, I failed Terrorist 101 miserably. B|

Best-
Richard

rwieder

I just got a flight back from New York to San Diego that had to divert mid flight because they put the wrong amount of fuel in....

Your referring to a "Shuttle Bus" flight in the lower 48, it's way easy for a Jet to make a miscalculation on how much fuel to load to make it to there next destination. I've flown shuttles in the lower 48 b/f, and 90 out of 100 times there was no flight engineer on board. After all between the flight engineer and the 2nd officer they are the ones who make these calculations and make the determination of how much fuel to load the same way we do so we can fly more volume of passengers and cut down time between flights. How ever on the flight in question, they load the tanks to the brim, "Just to be sure" And considering this plane was also an "ER" model indicating it's an Extended Reach air craft. There are no oceans in the lower 48, not so when flying internationally. So I don't think it's highly unlikely this jet ran out of fuel.

I'm steady thinking up scenarios, especially in light of the plane not being found at all, none of it. Then w/ that thought in mind, why didn't anyone try to make calls to their loved ones? That plane had CC phones on the head rest in front of the passengers, yet no one used them. That's more than a little strange in my mind. I'd of been burning mine up trying to call my family to say "I love you, See you in heaven" Bearing in mind no one even attempted to use even 1 of them blows my mind, yet leads me to my next theory; It could've happened like this: Fling along singing a song, either a slow pressure loss in the cabin, and the pilots descending to a safe altitude to insure an altitude where there is oxgen. In an instant like this, the pilots and crew up front would have donned masks first b/f any one else, it would have been up to the planes sensors to drop masks f/ the passengers. Let's say for theories sake they were already hypoxic and were in no physical shape to don their oxgen masks. were the passengers alert enough to don their masks? Who knows? I am still of the belief there was a strategic plan by some one *cough* NK et:al stole the plane and BillVon is correct in making the remarks about where the plane could be. Run out of fuel, no way, unless of course some one shot holes in the wings which is just crazy. They would have seen another air craft on radar, OR NOT! but would it be reported in an instant like this? I don't know, I failed Terrorist 101 miserably. B|

Best-
Richard

I think the whole thing is a hoax.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>"We think something is happening in this building. No one will confirm it, but as
>soon as someone does we'll let you know. Until then, here's Dave with
>commentary on what might be happening."

"Dave what can you tell us?"

"Skip. I am outside this building in the same area as the suspected incident in the report. We are not completely sure that this is the building, but a passerby said he could not confirm that this was NOT the building. Skip - wait a second - I am now getting a report that a delivery van stopped to deliver something to this building less than an hour ago, which as you know was around the same time that we first brought you this breaking report. We have no reports yet on what the delivery was, or whether the delivery was in any way related to Al Qaeda, anthrax or the missing Malaysian flight. Back to you, Skip."

>I'm not saying it IS half way to Madagascar, but it was an increasing possibility
>the second we saw the direction of the previously reported turn back.

I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

billvon

>I'm not saying it IS half way to Madagascar, but it was an increasing possibility
>the second we saw the direction of the previously reported turn back.

I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

Its pretty obvious that they went half way, decided they couldn't make it and turned around and landed at their origination point.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Its pretty obvious that they went half way, decided they couldn't make it and turned around and landed at their origination point.

What gives you the idea they "couldn't make it?" And please don't say they could have run out of jet-a. While possible, if some one dumped fuel, to me it's just not plausible. To me, now. Not everyone else. As far as arab guys, there were arabs on that flight anyway. In fact there are a lot of arab muslims all over that side of the big blue marble. This wouldn't have raised a red flag for me. How ever, I totally cannot believe the stolen passports. They have plenty of foot soldiers in the int'l air ports over there. well over here as well. freakin' commies. It's a feeling I just couldn't explain, when every one you see that's an airport official is carrying fully automatic weapons with the switch set on fire all the time. they absolutely hate americans that work over there that travel back and forth f/ the US OF A. Only b/c they wish there country was as great of a place to live as the ol' US OF A!

Best-
Richard

rwieder

What gives you the idea they "couldn't make it?" And please don't say they could have run out of jet-a. While possible, if some one dumped fuel, to me it's just not plausible. To me, now. Not everyone else. As far as arab guys, there were arabs on that flight anyway. In fact there are a lot of arab muslims all over that side of the big blue marble. This wouldn't have raised a red flag for me. How ever, I totally cannot believe the stolen passports. They have plenty of foot soldiers in the int'l air ports over there. well over here as well. freakin' commies. It's a feeling I just couldn't explain, when every one you see that's an airport official is carrying fully automatic weapons with the switch set on fire all the time. they absolutely hate americans that work over there that travel back and forth f/ the US OF A. Only b/c they wish there country was as great of a place to live as the ol' US OF A!

Best-
Richard

:)

Did you hear about the blonde swimmer who tried to swim the english channel?

Unfortunately, when she got to the half way point, she decided she wasn't going to make it all the way and turned around and swam back. Her fans were disappointed.[:/]

:D

Did you hear about the blonde swimmer who tried to swim the english channel?

What does a blonde swimmer have to do w/ a 777 possibly running out of fuel?

Unfortunately, when she got to the half way point, she decided she wasn't going to make it all the way and turned around and swam back. Her fans were disappointed.[:/]

Is it your thought that they possibly ran out of fuel and said "it's too late to turn back now?" And crashed the jet to save face? If so, they would have most certainly have located the jet by now. When I get on board to fly to Moscow, Japan, Amsterdam, or where ever, In 1st class we all have our own GPS tracker, maps the whole nine yards. There's always at least 2 or 3 passengers that refuse to make their seat into a bed and either watch a show or listen to music. Me, we get to cruising altitude, I'll eat a samich hand have a diet coke a couple of sominex and it's over-rover!! I make my bed and enclose my area so it's pitch black dark and crash like a big dog. I don't worry about crashing, being hi-jacked, nothing like that simply b/c I can't change anything that's going to happen any way. I know I'll go to heaven if I die so that's a trade I'll make any day. I'm not gonna stress out at all and never have. There's no sense in it. Que sera' sera'

Best-
Richard

billvon

>"We think something is happening in this building. No one will confirm it, but as
>soon as someone does we'll let you know. Until then, here's Dave with
>commentary on what might be happening."

"Dave what can you tell us?"

"Skip. I am outside this building in the same area as the suspected incident in the report. We are not completely sure that this is the building, but a passerby said he could not confirm that this was NOT the building. Skip - wait a second - I am now getting a report that a delivery van stopped to deliver something to this building less than an hour ago, which as you know was around the same time that we first brought you this breaking report. We have no reports yet on what the delivery was, or whether the delivery was in any way related to Al Qaeda, anthrax or the missing Malaysian flight. Back to you, Skip."

"Dave's not here."
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

quade

***I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

Yeah, he was in the restroom shaving.

I am beginning to think that perhaps the guys who are not big into shaving might just have flown this aircraft somewhere, the passengers unloaded and other goodies loaded back onto it.

I have a feeling this aircraft might just turn up somewhere that we do not like.

Amazon

******I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

I am beginning to think that perhaps the guys who are not big into shaving might just have flown this aircraft somewhere, the passengers unloaded and other goodies loaded back onto it.

I have a feeling this aircraft might just turn up somewhere that we do not like.

Interesting theory.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*********I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

Interesting theory.

The fact that the engines ran for 4 more hours... that the transponder and other electronics went off at disparate times... it is just too curious.. and too big an area where it could have gone. Indonesia is really big with people who have taken hostages http://www.cfr.org/indonesia/terrorism-havens-indonesia/p9361

Amazon

I am beginning to think that perhaps the guys who are not big into shaving ...

What I find absolutely fascinating is the almost obsession some people have with the possibility of Middle Eastern terrorism in this yet appear to completely gloss over the numerous terrorist groups found indigenous to the area (for instance, Buddhists pissed off at China) or the possibility no terrorist were involved at all, but instead could have been a plot by the crew itself. The "Red October" scenario.

After all, who would know better what precise systems to shut down that would allow the plane to be flown yet remain completely out of contact. Further, if that did happen, who inside the passenger cabin would even know something had happened until landing?

Again, I am simply fascinated by the apparent lack of imagination being displayed by some people because they've already latched onto a "theory" to fit their pre-existing narrative.

Keep an open mind folks. It really could be any one of a number of things and nothing can be ruled in or out at this time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Amazon

******I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

Hasidic Jews, dreidels, and Quebec?
cavete terrae.

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning and relay the information to the plane's home base. The idea is to provide information before the plane lands on whether maintenance work or repairs are needed.

Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the plane still had the capability to connect with the satellite and was automatically sending pings, the official said.

"It's like when your cellphone is off but it still sends out a little 'I'm here' message to the cellphone network," the official said. "That's how sometimes they can triangulate your position even though you're not calling because the phone every so often sends out a little bleep. That's sort of what this thing was doing."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/missing-plane-sent-signals-satellite-hours-211405973--politics.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Amazon

************I heard a rumor that an Arab guy named Occam was going to fly on this plane, but was a no-show at the last minute.

Interesting theory.

The fact that the engines ran for 4 more hours... that the transponder and other electronics went off at disparate times...

Not a fact at the moment.

Hearsay. Rumor. Possibilty.