LouDiamond

Rocket man project

During the Keys boogie, we were able to test out a newer and larger version of the engines used in the Rocket Man video. While using a much larger system proved to have it's own set of unique challenges, we were able to overcome many of them. The addition of a larger system required some major overhauling but in the end we found a simple yet unique belly mounting system to be the most effective. Once we had everything set up we loaded on the Skyvan for the maiden voyage. We were all a bit worried being that using an engine this size and for this application had never been done before. However, Once we were airborne and at altitude, the system was fired up and checked for leaks, etc. After a few tense moments, we launched the system.

I am here to tell you that not only did the initial flight go well but we were able to maintain level flight for over 5 mins and actualy showed an increase in altitude at the 2 min mark when the system was turned all the way on to full power. Based on the data we obtained from this flight we are confident that eventually even the average wingsuit pilot will be able to land a wingsuit at his own DZ any given day of the week.

Some of the draw backs that we encountered were some damage to the suit, excessive fuel comsumption and some difficulty with navigation initially. The test pilot also complained of arm fatigue among other things but we think he was just sniveling and are currently accepting applications for more test pilots.Based on rough calculations we estimate that this system will be availbale to the masses in about 6 months when we will begin taking orders for the system. Contact rocketman.com for a full package description and cost estimates for additional options that are available as well as video from the flight or to obtain a test pilot application.

People, please keep in mind that this was an initial, yet sucessful test and that further refinements will be ongoing during the next 6 months so please be patient as further information becomes available. We are currently working on a BASE specific model that will vary slightly from the attached pictures.Stay tuned, these are exciting times people.

Lastly, we would like to thank our sponsors, Fast as Fuck energy drink and Colon Blow bowel cleanser for all of their support and for opening their wallets to this project which cost a total of 100 million dollars.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Those pics remind me of Austin Powers...

"Minime, stop humping the LASER..."

could be adapted:

"Test pilot, stop humping the jet engine..." ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I can't believe I missed the test flight! I must have been freeflying on that load. :P

Scott , it was wonderful to see you again and to get to fly with you. Good luck in sud america.

Plus... I think you should have had a bird chick test pilot not that crazy Columbian... did you see how drunk he was Saturday!? ;)
~ Cyn
--going nowhere at lightening speed!--

crazy Columbian... did you see how drunk he was Saturday!? ;)

I wasen't drunk I was acting like a drunk person to improve my acting skills.;)

We encounter some minor problems in the test flight, My mini me melt into the engine and it was kind of painful to separate my self from the engine "luckly Scott had his hook nife handy" as a matter a fact I'm mising tree parts of my lower body.:S

I will like to thank my sponsors "Fast as Fuck " for putting the money for this project, I will also like to encourege people to open their minds, because in the future any body with 100 million dollars will be able to land a wing suit.:P

Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

You totally had me going.

Dude, what are you talking about? This shit is for real bro. We are just starting to analyze the data we collected from this flight. I will post the flight data info graph(s) as soon as I have finished compiling all the data.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I wasen't drunk I was acting like a drunk person to improve my acting skills.

And I was not really covered in pie... :S

I will also like to encourege people to open their minds, because in the future any body with 100 million dollars will be able to land a wing suit.:P

Haha, funniest comment yet. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

how much do the ramjet engines cost? last i checked i thought they were 3-5k a piece? so figure 10k for the pair?

What ramjets? Where? Do you mean the model aviation turbofan engines it looked like they were using on the previous, real flight?

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

We are working on that too, but the pilot is a bit reluctant to strap on the engine.

What a puss, huh?

Actually that wasn't my engine. Mine is in the pic below (really, I'm not kidding this time).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.