cpoxon

Prodigy performances / techniques

At further inspection of this thread why does it seem like its one manufacturer's people throwing another manufacturers product under the bus? Am I the only one that see's this in this thread or even in the wingsuit forum in general??? Then again I am sure I am wrong.

No, I didn't see that here.

I saw a rep of one company (BM) give a very positive review of the flight characteristics of a new suit for a different company (PF). Specifically, he said that he had to work hard to fly his hi-performance suit (S3) next to the beginner's suit (Prodigy) from the other company. That's a pretty good compliment if you ask me. Then he also brought up a concern he had about the suit, in a very diplomatic way.

What I have also seen, is someone with no info in his profile badmouth Bird-man at every chance he can for any delay in their new product or anything else he can find.

If you're really interested in seeing the brand-wars stop, then quit fueling them. So the PHI was delayed. Guess what? So was the V1. So was my Vector III. So was the pizza I ordered last night...

I think it is a valid question to ask that if these "blowouts" (wrong word if you ask me) are all due to user misrouting, why aren't the instructors doing a better job showing the new users how to route properly?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

It not only happened when the person stood up in the aircraft but later on while he was in flight. I watched him re-rig it in the aircraft so I know that it was indeed correctly rigged before he left the aircraft.

I just took out Prodigy and re-checked the connectors. If you rig it correctly there is absolutely no way in hell it will release accidently - the fabric will rip first. In fact it takes some effort to release it intentionaly. The only way to have an accidental release is to bypass the loop, and people do that all the time. Well, serves them right for not using their brain :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

Your absolutely correct Chuck did make a nice compliment and voice his concern in a proper fashion. I just felt and evidently was wrong that after that people started pilling on. Just thought that there might be a better way of letting PF know about a possible issue than how it was handled. BM is doing a fine job with all their new suits and people are very happy with them in fact in a previous thread I complimented them on their fantastic customer service with the blown out S3. That is the kind of service that makes repeat customers and spreads the good word! Excellent Job Guys!! On another note Matt quit ordering that cardboard Domino's pizza 1 800 GO PAPA!!!! It will be there on time! hahaahhah

Just thought that there might be a better way of letting PF know about a possible issue

Not to worry, every thing I have posted here was brought to Perry's attention at the boogie or he was on the flocks where this happened. According to Perry, he has been providing feedback from the field to PF with several concerns and observations so I am sure it is being addressed.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

On another note Matt quit ordering that cardboard Domino's pizza 1 800 GO PAPA!!!! It will be there on time! hahaahhah

Hey can't we all get along and enjoy Papa John's AND Domino's in harmony? Why oh why must there be such a divide in the pizza eating community? >:(

:P
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey can't we all get along and enjoy Papa John's AND Domino's in harmony? Why oh why must there be such a divide in the pizza eating community? >:(

:P

HELL NO I AM NOT EATING THAT CARDBOARD DOMINO'S CRAP YOU EAT IT!!!! Haahahahhaha bawaawe. I wonder when this thread is going to locked or sent to the bonfire! Next we can argue thin crust vs thick crust! Pep vs Sausage. fly safe people and eat smart!

It was brought up by PFI Ted that if a red or colored bar tack was stitched on the arm wing 'closing loop' for lack of proper terms then at a glance if you see red which should be behind the cover strap you would know it was misrouted.

I don't think misrouting has been the issue as Ted is a very anal dude and what I suspect is that the snaps my not have been totally seated which under the stress of a high speed exit or the way Ted tends to muscle the suit it could very easily come undone and then pull thru the routing strap as if you were undoing them after canopy deployment.

I personally never had a problem with the 6 or so jumps i made with the Prodigy even when I did the high speed exit and flew at least 100' above the plane as poor old Ted watched from belowB|

It is a very fun suit to fly with its ease of use and being able to fly not so good opening canopies.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

At further inspection of this thread why does it seem like its one manufacturer's people throwing another manufacturers product under the bus? Am I the only one that see's this in this thread or even in the wingsuit forum in general??? Then again I am sure I am wrong.

You do have it totally wrong. I, as the pinnacle of instructorship in "our" camp, have absolutely nothing derogatory to say about the flight caractaristics of the Prodidigy. It's a great idea for an easy-to-fly suit that fits most people. What I had to say was that if there was a way to tighten up the connection between the bottom and the top then it would really help the one problem that several of us have seen with it. It's amazing the flight performance people get with this suit which has a non-pressurized arm wing. I think it would be a better suit if the leg wing had a narrower stance as well, but I think Robi did well with this suit.

Chuck
BMCI#4

It's amazing the flight performance people get with this suit which has a non-pressurized arm wing. I think it would be a better suit if the leg wing had a narrower stance as well, but I think Robi did well with this suit.

Chuck
BMCI#4

I'm curious as to why you think it would be a better suit with a narrower stance?
The wide stance seems to be key to the freedom of leg movement in case of twists and for landing without undoing anything on the legs. We already agree that the performance is great, so it seems Robi got it just right.

BTW, for my first 10 or so jumps on my Prodigy I wasn't routing the wing snaps correctly and they never came open. I find it hard to believe that when routed correctly they would come undone under normal use. Perhaps the snaps weren't fastened correctly or were defective? It wouldn't be a bad idea to include a sheet of paper showing the correct routing with new suits.

I have a feeling that even, though the leg stance is very wide(and I do mean very wide), the suit is probably not supposed to be flown with the full width in use. There is a picture of Robi flying it(James is also in the picture flying a Vampire) and Robi is not flying it with the widest leg stance possible. There is a nice arc to the leg wing.

Kris.

Awright guys,back from couch freaks,27 new birds in the air.Many did several jumps and NO wing blowouts!!! When the snaps are new....they seat hard!!! The routing was correct,I believe when the snaps are BRAND NEW.... they are hard to snap, and probably where not pressed together all the way... OR due to excessive movement by person hooking up wings before boarding and moving about, bangen around in the aircraft, a snap "could" be dislodged and one snap will not always hold if heavy pressure is applied!!
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Please can you send me the persons name

You would be better off asking Omar and the rest of the Z-hills gang, they were sitting right there next to me when it happened. I believe he is z-hills local, I want to say his name was either Rob or Bob. I think he actually appears in a still picture on one of Omars videos from that boogie.

Hey CamPOS... haha Just Wanted to let you know it's Scotty, Not rob or bob... figured you wouldnt have a hard time remembering that one big daddy. First off. Ive only seen a wing pop off a prodigy when the wearer may have been imbetween suit sizes, and, i believe the case in point the jumperer was a little big around the waist, and it only came off in the airplane. I believe that its entirely possible, since all 4 of our suits were out on virtually every wingsuit load we had at the dropzone.com boogie that snaps, when you sweat, in the 100 deg heat in the middle of the hottest summer in florida history, may become difficult to snap when your finger slips off the snap, and the suits are soaked in sweat, and really have no time to dry between loads. the student in question had disconnected the wings and re connected them, it takes a lot of direct pressure, and he didnt do it correctly; so when he stood up, it poped off and we fixed it. It really was not a concern at the time. because it was user error. the suits were quite slippery and sweaty. I believe it was the next load you put a one of my students flying a prodigy on their 2nd or 3rd WS jumps as base, and again on other jupms to follow. we got some great footage on those jumps. as far as performence, I have actually had a few of my students on their first 2-4 jumps whom have smoked other wingsuit pilots in other suits when flocking together. Prodigies actually Produce lift, not induce drag, hence their handling characteristcs. its a wonderful suit and hard to believe that its 2 pieces, sells for about the same as alot of used equipment, and depending on the users, will on par outperform most anything else out there, and its a beginner suit. im only describing my experiences over the last few months in and around zhills and lake whales. you comin to flock and dock 1.5 Scott? Hope to do some flyin with ya there~

PERRY- Ive gotten about 20% of the zhills staff already jumpin prodigies and ready for their v1's, and many others to come. Blue Skies ALL

Scotty Burns
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Just Wanted to let you know it's Scotty, Not rob or bob

I didn't forget you bro. No way in hell I could forget PAC-MAN( Ask Omar);) I was refering to the guy who had the snap issues.

I believe it was the next load you put a one of my students flying a prodigy on their 2nd or 3rd WS jumps as base

If we are talking about the same dive then that would be the guy. Are you talking about the one where around 7 grand he had some serous leg kicking (swimming ) issues and was all over the sky and flying into the swamp?

we got some great footage on those jumps

Hell yeah, everyone who made it to the flock ended up in Omar's video, to include a unidentified yellow object (UYO) that was zooming around 1000 ft below the flock:D
That was a damn good boogie, I had lots of fun.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

after a few times being run over, you realize its a soft impact and the weight and size of the bus is.... well????

You mean this Bus Perry:D Give me a call when you get a chance bro.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING