partyboy

Which Free-Fly camp/school is #1 ?

Contact TJ Landgren. If you need his contact info, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.

You will pay the going rate with him but he's good. Really good.

If you want a deal, just come see me. If you want better, then pay the going rate and hit up TJ.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I had really good experiences with Eli Thompson from the Flyboys and Mike Swanson from Alchemy, as have a few others on here.

Both of them were extremely friendly and were really, really good coaches, both in the sky and on the ground. Plus Mike used the In Air Comms system, although a few others are using it now too.

For more info, check out these threads:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1419455;search_string=Alchemy;#1419455

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1599165;search_string=Alchemy;#1599165

www.freeflytrainingcenter.com

Hope this helps
PJ

edited to fix my links

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I've just come back from Perris where myself and some friends had coaching from Alchemy both in the air and in the tunnel. Had a wicked time and learnt a lot. I would highly recommend it.

Other coaches I have had a good experience with would be Melissa and Amy (used to be SugarGliderz (sp?)), Stefania from 1st School of Modern Skyflying, and Rob Silver from the UK. I'm sure there are many other good coaches but this is my experience so far.

L

It depends on where you are... there are a ton of really, really good freefly coaches. Dave Brown, Alaska Jon, Max Cohn, any of the boys from Perris (megacenter), Chris and Stan in Elsinore, anyone from SkydiveArizona (AZTC, AZFC), NoCal, Houston (anomoly), Dallas, Julianna Se, Blincoe, Babylon... The list would literally go on and on.

The more jumps you hire for, the better the deal. Some coaches have daily rates, too.

I would consider whether or not you can mix in a little tunnel coaching with your instructor... That'll narrow down your search a bunch as there aren't that many tunnels in the country. Also, go where the weather is guaranteed and the planes will be flying.

Which Free-Fly camp/school is #1 ?

The one you learn the most from and get the most out of. The one where the coaches mesh with your learning & flying styles. Call around and find people you gel with, talk to the coaches about your goals and see what they say about getting you there. Don't just go with a big name.

Hit up the tunnel too and make sure your coach can do both sky coaching and tunnel coaching. It will limit your choice of coaches but it will be worth it.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think this is very much like applying for colleges/grad schools etc, in that there's a lot of very good options out there where you will learn a lot and have a great experience.

The question shouldn't necessarily be which one is "number 1," but instead, what coach can you work with the best? Everyone has a style of instruction that works the best for them, and every coach has different strengths and weaknesses. So don't be afraid to say no to a coach that you aren't happy with, and don't be turned off just because someone else doesn't like particular coach.

As a for instance, I had an absolutely terrible experience with a coach (name withheld, but he's someone relatively famous) once that was quite possibly the only time I've been truly unhappy skydiving. I can't think of a single positive thing to come from that interaction. But over the years I've done a few jumps with a different coach, Craig Amrine (9 toes), and I've thoroughly enjoyed each one of them, and definitely learned a lot in a very short period of time.

So to reiterate, find a coach that you can work well with!!!

So to reiterate, find a coach that you can work well with!!!

And a coach that is suitable for your ability /experience level.......if you are starting out to freefly you probably dont need the most experienced, bad ass freeflying coach on the DZ.
You need one that is able to work well with you and communicate well...... more than you need somebody whose freefly skills are second to none....

If you're hard set on PRO coaching, then I'd hit up the tunnel, and coaching with 2 way radios. Anomaly here in Texas is totally awesome, FUN friendly guys, website's here:
http://www.spacelandanomaly.com

I know they travel to the tunnel for training camps/coaching as well so hit em up for info.

and hopefully one who will teach you to smile and enjoy yourself while doing it ;)

being serious and stressing will tighten up your body and make you fly a bit less smoothly...thanks drew for that lesson over the last few weeks :)

Skol!

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

where are you located? youve gotten alot of great names so far. the best advice ive read so far is find someone you feel most comfortable with. i have alot of coach jumps with dusty smith from aztc personaly. i like his no bullshit approach. i dont like alot of fluffy feedback. i like a more aggresive but positive approach. dusty gives me that. tj is awsome as well. i dont want to only learn from one person though. this spring i plan on going to elsinore to work with chris fiala. his flying has caught my eye alot on videos ive watched and i really like his style. its no wonder he and dusty were on a team together, they are very similar. they both are awsome head up flying, my prefered posistion.

Hey Jarhead. Chris is right, if you're out that way he'd be the one to go see. I used to be stationed in Cherry Point, so your reclusiveness is familiar to me. It is going to be difficult to find any well experienced freefly coaches in that section of the country. I'd say that from there, your cheapest bet is to get down to one of the Florida DZs...or take a trip to Crosskeys this summer - Jimmy Tranter and company will be there.

If you're hard set on PRO coaching, then I'd hit up the tunnel, and coaching with 2 way radios. Anomaly here in Texas is totally awesome, FUN friendly guys, website's here:
http://www.spacelandanomaly.com

I know they travel to the tunnel for training camps/coaching as well so hit em up for info.

Agreed! I've done several coach jumps with each of the boys and learned a great deal on each jump. B|