indyz

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT

"Remote Switch RS-60E3"

Here we go again... :S

What's so much better about this type of connection over the standard 2.5mm stereo plug?

ltdiver

It's all part of our love-hate relationship with Canon.

Oh, technically, any of the type 3 connector switches allows you to use the half-step focus function like the real shutter release. Like, for when you're shooting on a tripod and want to reduce any potential camera shake - so applicable to skydiving!:P

Btw, we've rigged up a very nice 2.5mm stereo jack to E3 plug adapter that works very well with conceptus, and the female jack can be easily mounted on the side of a helmet. So for me, it's super quick and easy to switch from my 20d to 35mm film for tandems. And we have a couple spare adapters, maybe I'll post photos of the switch stuff when it's raining tomorrow. Remind me to show it to you in Perris next time I see you. Also, even though the conceptus combines the half shutter and full shutter release wires, if i want autofocus, the 20d knows to focus first then release the shutter. And it can do so quite quickly with a Sigma 15mm. I'm very pleased with the freefall shots.

Oh, yeah... B|B|B| I have another little creation to show and tell next time i see you... hee hee hee. -well, if I decide to share my secret-

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Btw, we've rigged up a very nice 2.5mm stereo jack to E3 plug adapter that works very well with conceptus, and the female jack can be easily mounted on the side of a helmet. So for me, it's super quick and easy to switch from my 20d to 35mm film for tandems.

So, ya figured it out, 'eh? :)

Oh, yeah... I have another little creation to show and tell next time i see you... hee hee hee. -well, if I decide to share my secret-

I'll buy you a beer? :)B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Conceptus needs to change the default plug on their switches.

I know you guys are all fans of canon, but not everyone is... why not ask conceptus to make an adapter or line of switches with your connector availible??
matt

Most of us have made that adapter you're talking about ourselves. The problem is the N3 plug is not standard, and canon won't sell them in bulk, and they can't just be purchased at radio shack for a couple bucks. It's expensive and a pain. The adapter itself is as costly as the conceptus.

btw, if anyone doesn't want to make that adapter themselves, come talk to me in perris.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

The RS60-E3 remote switch uses a standard 2.5 mm (submini) audio head.
The RS60-N3 uses the proprietary canon connector that requires an adapter.

Deep cleansing breath...

Craig

:$ Guess I learned something today. :$

Thanks.

:$ >

Still drooling over the 20D, though.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The XT is awesome.. I'd save the cash and get it instead of the 20d. I got to play with one a little today and it is so lightweight and fast.. and you know the specs.. I asked the Canon guy the difference and pretty much everything he named would not be used in the air..
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures