rhino

Buying a Wings container... Opinions please...

Hey, Rhino!

I jump a Wings container and love it. The price was excellent. The fit is great. The colors are perfect. The only thing for me that was a bummer is the Wings emblem isn't on my container. :D

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

what's up.

i jump a wings. i love it. one of the best rigs on the market. very comfortable. the list would go on and on about how good this container is.

and for the price, you can't pass it up, it's a first class rig, and you don't have to pay for it.

the only complaint is that at first they are kinda of a bear to pack the reserves at first, but it's not bad once you get used to it.

if you have any questions, like specifics about the rig, PM me.

later

Rob -

Next time you are in Memphis you can check mine out at WTS. Dane packs mine for me, but Danny's wife (spaced her name for the moment) jumps one also, and Danny packs her reserve.

I've been very happy with mine, but you might call Dane and talk to him about whether he likes it, since he is much more familiar with many more different containers than I am.

BMcD...

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I love the wings. I'm pricing out one for me this summer as a second rig actually. They have the best of everything (the Vector tongue design, secondary riser covers, etc) plus the split freebag makes over stuffing a reserve too easy.My only issue is the stupid requirement to work all the material into the spring as you close the reserve (I like the Jav... leave it out then stuff it away) but its a very rigger friendly rig.

The EXT wings seems like a better option for me. Now that they are offering cut in laterals like the Jav's I forsee Wings becoming even more popular.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

but its a very rigger friendly rig.

I agree. I've heard from 3 different riggers who say they hate repacking the Wings. I don't understand why. Getting the material in the spring isn't that difficult in my opinion. And that split freebag rocks!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

My rigger hates packing Wings, but hey, that's his problem. Atleast its not like trying to pack a Racer...

Racers are actually extremely easy to pack :P (that's not a recomendation for one though:S)

I don't jump a wings. However I like them alot. I'd say just get one. A new one popped up at the DZ that I jump at. SHe was hard core (some other rig ) advocate but got a wings to match her team mate. SHe Absolutely loves it.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I've had Wings on my back for a few years now. The price is right, the design is smart and the customer service is what it should be (have had bad experiences with some other mfgs.). As a rigger, I really like the freebag design and the reserve closing loop anchor plate is tough and untweekable unlike Javelins. As a jumper, I like the complete pin and bridle protection (I have a pullout with a pud) and it was more comfortable than the G3 I previously owned.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

love the wings. I'm pricing out one for me this summer as a second rig actually.They have the best of everything (the Vector tongue design, secondary riser covers, etc)

um, i'm not sure what kind of wings your looking at, but i've never seen one with secondary riser covers ;)

later

I'll have a XF2-97 as a main and I am thinking a pd113 or a pd126r.. I am still trying to decide which reserve to go with..

i would recomend a w-4. that way you can put a very wide range of mains in there (i've put a 69 vx, to a 120 heatwave). and the reserve will hold either a pdr 113 or a pdr 126.

but get the ext unless you have a short torso, other wise it kinda sits high up on your back, like mine.

later

Hey Rino,

I jump a Wings and absolutely love it.... Granted I can only compare it to student gear and a G4 that I borrowed a few times.

It was very comfortable when I first got it, and has become even more comfortable after a few jumps. In freefall I don't know it's there until pull time, and under canopy it is again very comfortable.

Pricewise it is damn hard to beat.

As for colors.... it is a damn pretty rig. Ladyskydiver saw it, and can attest to its beauty :)

Cheers
Cory

My rigger hates packing Wings, but hey, that's his problem.

If I said that to Hook, I don't know if he'd want to re-pack mine again. So I need to be nice to him ... :) ... at least while he's still here in CO. But if he get's that CSP job, all bets are off.

Be nice to your rigger, they may just save your life. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

My rigger hates packing Wings, but hey, that's his problem.

If I said that to Hook, I don't know if he'd want to re-pack mine again. So I need to be nice to him ... :) ... at least while he's still here in CO. But if he get's that CSP job, all bets are off.

Be nice to your rigger, they may just save your life. ;)

Actually I think his exact words were, I'll pack it this time but if you don't get that reserve thing worked out we will have issues. :P So when is your new container going to get here.

BTW...wings customer service rocks.
Fly it like you stole it!

So when is your new container going to get here.

It was supposed to be ready sometime this week. I guess I should give Heather a call tomorrow. I'm just hoping that I don't have a reserve ride between now and when the new container arrives. :S Of course I won't be doing any skydiving while Mother Nature holds us under her deep freeze. >:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over