swaika

swooping on x-fire109

I don't believe you know the whole situation?

Don't under estimate what you think we know. Has it ever occured to you that some of us were in the exact same position you are in only a few short years ago? The only difference is that at 370 jumps I was still on a Sabre2 170 (but yes I was swooping at 370 jumps much to the chagrine of some canopy nazis). Plus I know from personal experience that people do progress at different rates in this sport and by dedicating jumps to canopy control and wanting to seek out canopy control coaching you're showing us that you're not totally irresponsible (there are people doing what you do without even dedicating jumps to canopy control).

So chase your dreams and don't let the nay-sayers discourage you. But also remember that this shit takes time. There are no short cuts as it doesn't happen over night. The margin for error is small in swooping. It doesn't take much to mess up. Plus assuming you survive a crash (trust me you will crash if you haven't done so already ... just ask Spizzz about some of my crashes in competition) and being hurt after a swoop gone wrong has a way of making you to sit back and re-evaluate what it means to be swooper and to put skydiving into perspective when it comes to life in general.

Swooping rocks ... but it demands respect if you want to survive.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

hey i happen to no packin jerret and he is a dam good pilot i have about 400 more jumps then him and he will out swoop me n e day may though i learened what the ground felt like young in the sport i dont push it
He who hesitates shall inherit the earth

Fuck yea man... Steve and I have both taken out quite a bit of a swoop course. I took out almost half of a speed couse in a cpc round, and hit the ground hard. That was almost two years ago. I still feel the pain today. Don't be in a hurry to be a pro swooper. The chicks are magnetically drwn to Steve because he is a pro swooper, but he is the only one out there getting the trim because of it. haahhaa

so tell me everything what may keep me alive

I told that to you a couple of times before I gave up.
But in case something has miraculously changed in your attitude and you really want to learn - I can tell that again: the way you were flying your spectre is not only dangerous - it is also ineffective. So start listening and learning.
Although I doubt this going to happen before you hurt yourself. My only wish - don't get hurt too bad.

so tell me everything what may keep me alive

I told that to you a couple of times before I gave up.
But in case something has miraculously changed in your attitude and you really want to learn - I can tell that again: the way you were flying your spectre is not only dangerous - it is also ineffective. So start listening and learning.
Although I doubt this going to happen before you hurt yourself. My only wish - don't get hurt too bad.

(not towards Luis)

I remember saying that I was different...

I remember everyone telling me not to do what I was doing and that I was dangerous...

I also remember the really really long last second before I bounced off the ground and I remember every though I have in that second as everything slowed down to a halt...

I got lucky I only put a 10 inch spiral in my fibula....I got really lucky...

the people that are telling you things are only trying to prolong yoru skydiving career...they are not trying to tell you that you are less than...some of us have even been *GASP* in your shoes...chomping at the bit to be the next cool swooper guy...some of us have even lived long enough to know when to shut up and listen...

my advice...

Luis is looking out for you one last time...

call brian germain or scott miller or the hot canopy coach from you country and pay him whatever amount of money it will take for him to come visit you for like 4 days...and for god sakes listen to him...cause you already have told like 4 pro swoopers that they dont know shit...

take the cotton out of your ears and shove it down your throught...we are only trying to save you from making the same mistakes that we made already for you man...

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Plus assuming you survive a crash (trust me you will crash if you haven't done so already ... just ask Spizzz about some of my crashes in competition) and being hurt after a swoop gone wrong has a way of making you to sit back and re-evaluate what it means to be swooper and to put skydiving into perspective when it comes to life in general.

Swooping rocks ... but it demands respect if you want to survive.

It hurts to be a swooper....

but it hurts so good...but the first month of having 3 bulging discs cause you collided with the raft at the ranch pond swooping meet cause you had waaaaaay too much speed...sucks ass...

so I will say one more thing then shut up...

you have the rest of your lives to skydive...and I am sure I will be seeing you out on some courses shredding it up in the future...just get coaching...even if you are the next jeffro...it always helps to put some extra tools from people who have seen the shit hit the fan a few more times than you...

Dave

PS I think i owe Brian Germain a bottle..cause the shit he put in my tool box is like a reserve man...it has saved my ass soooooo many times and from it learned how not to be there...
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I also remember the really really long last second before I bounced off the ground and I remember every though I have in that second as everything slowed down to a halt...

Damn that sounds familiar, i can still vividly see, and hear every last detail of my crash like it happened two minutes ago.

I got lucky I only put a 10 inch spiral in my fibula....I got really lucky...

Ah, i only got the tibia but otherwise, yeah same thing.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

The reality of what I believe is being said is this; we (as a whole) are not trying to discourage you from swooping, we are trying to tell you that you need to slow down (and maybe back up) so you do not get hurt. I have known very few swoopers that really pushed the limits and did not get hurt. Some heal completely, while others will have a week spot on their body for the rest of their life, while others have lost the ability to walk or use their hands, and still others have died in the pursuit of pushing the limits too much and too early in swooping. As for myself, (I am lucky) I hurt my ankle and now have one bigger than the other and when it gets cool out it hurts. I used to jog but now my ankle cannot take the continuous impact. You may just want to listen to what everyone is saying as a whole.
Kirk

i had 1200 jumps on a 150, then about 50 jumps on a 135, then went to a xfire 119, then shortly thereafter played with the 109.

and it still was a difficult transition. the 109 scared the crap out of me for a while. it dove much quicker than expected. it is a learning curve not to be reconned with.

if you ARE going to do that and not listen to the wise people in here. be VERY VERY VERY careful. your mind isn't trained to deal with the speed that this thing can produce with you underneath it.

it opens differently and sensitively...plus fly's, sets up, and lands way more quickly. the stearing is sooo sensitive. a 135 is a better option - if ANYTHING.

But my personal opinion is that 300 jumps on a 150 is not long enough. The 1200 on my 150 provided me with a knowledge of accuracy that is attainable on a canopy. Now, I am on a 107 and strive for that same respect.

Be mindful dude and keep your eyes peeled. One of these things can mess you up bad. It happens ever weekend in this sport; unfortunately.